Hacking Mighty Channels

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello all!thanks alot marc for your great job!! I (and other people I guess) would like to use my iso forwarders made with WAD2ISO with another cIOS than de r17. But the loader.dol (dol from stable triiforce r78) can't support cIOS d2X (I think the revision 21004 means nothing for triiforce).

Do you think it would be possible to use a modified version of mighty channel instead this "old" loader.dol?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My suggestion is "just try it out", flowlapache (I explained what to do in the wad2iso thread). The worst that can happen is that you lose some time.
smile.gif

I personally haven't kept up with all the mighty channels and d2x progress, but that isn't to say the effort isn't appreciated (nice job, stfour!
biggrin.gif
).

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thanks, I did already lose some time trying it! With d2x and mighty dol as "loader.dol", it works but only launches mighty without considering the Options (which game, video options ...)

It would be perfect to have a "special dol" of mighty channel able to use the options from the isos made with wad2iso. And say goodbye to cios r17....

I would like to know what Marc_max thought about it.
I have to search in this thread what and how lines of codes have been added and if it's very different in mighty channel. But I know nothing about compilation...
sad.gif
, I have to learn...

Maybe the easiest would be to find what in the triiforcemod (loader.dol) prevent to use a cios with revision 21004??

yyhung317

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i wonder how come when i change the argument for the nand path directory it doesnt work and also the partition to run the nand .. i use usb to run mc and i also have removed the arrow sign ..

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
flowlapache said:
Thanks, I did already lose some time trying it! With d2x and mighty dol as "loader.dol", it works but only launches mighty without considering the Options (which game, video options ...)

It would be perfect to have a "special dol" of mighty channel able to use the options from the isos made with wad2iso. And say goodbye to cios r17....

I would like to know what Marc_max thought about it.
I have to search in this thread what and how lines of codes have been added and if it's very different in mighty channel. But I know nothing about compilation...
sad.gif
, I have to learn...

Maybe the easiest would be to find what in the triiforcemod (loader.dol) prevent to use a cios with revision 21004??
In my opinion Mighty Channels works better now especially due to d2x support.
But if you want to use d2x with triiforce, all you have to do is change the version number to 21 with modmii or showmiiwads..
Or at least you can try, i am not sure it will work...i am no coder either..

EDIT: well, after reading the thread you mentioned, i am not convinced it is going to work, but hey you can try it anyway.
I am afraid however that you wont get support from Marc_max anymore, he said after 1.1 that the project was finished.
Hopefully for you some other coder picks this up.

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
thanks for this great idea but unfortunately it's not enough to make it work...
I tried putting version 21 or 17 but it's allaways the same black screen...The problem musn't be only a "revision number"...

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been meaning to try this for a while, and I finally got around to it. Great work to all involved, worked perfectly on 23 out of 24 WW I tried (Liight didn't work, but not a big loss).

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
mysticwaterfall said:
Been meaning to try this for a while, and I finally got around to it. Great work to all involved, worked perfectly on 23 out of 24 WW I tried (Liight didn't work, but not a big loss).
Maybe if you tell davebaol here at the forum about the problematic games he might fix it in the next d2x cIOS update. (it's probably a cIOS bug)

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the cheat support is broken?
I'm trying to use gecko codes for 1942. I have the file named E52E.gct. I have this file placed on my SD card in config/mighty/cheats.

When I run the game I've it says "failed to load fat:/config/mighty/cheats" "no sd cheats found" ...or something to that effect.

Any help?

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

First thanks for a great program!!!

Having issues with Mario Golf. Hangs on black screen, just wondered if any one has had it working.

Cheers.

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
mysticwaterfall said:

liight is a great game!!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I recently created a new theme and though: "Hey, why not share it?", so here it is. Place the images under /config/mighty. Enjoy, and please give feedback
smile.gif

Also, two things which I don't like/Bugs:

-Mighty Channels doesn't seem to like my TV, it seems to display in 16:9, but with a corrupted bar (see the pics). Would really like to have it in Fullscreen-Mode, so please count this as a Bug (and try to fix it ;P). I know that my TV is strange, I always had problems with it's aspect ratio, but all other loaders at least filled the screen (the buttons and bgs were always cut-off a bit, but at least it was full-screen).
-There doesn't seem to be a way to theme the cursor
frown.gif

jlSt5.jpg

nmih5.jpg

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
does anybody have a solution yet for the corrupted display issue?

I get a solid green band or vertical black/white stripes right across the bottom of the screen.
wii is 4.2E screen is PAL50 16:9 and MC from SD on 249_rev17 (in slot 217)
unsure.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
fatherjack said:
does anybody have a solution yet for the corrupted display issue?

I get a solid green band or vertical black/white stripes right across the bottom of the screen.
wii is 4.2E screen is PAL50 16:9 and MC from SD on 249_rev17 (in slot 217)
unsure.gif
First, I would recommend to update to the d2x6-cIOS (look at the Stickies). You'll have a better compatibility and more options with it
smile.gif

Well, as I said before, I had the same problem as you, but oddly enough, it's gone now. No clue what happend, the main difference is that I use PAL60 (and that I formated the whole Wii, as I wanted to clean it long time ago anyways. Though, DON'T DO THAT!). It's strange, and I'm sorry that I can't really help, but I hope that it will also dissapear for you after some time
smile.gif

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
marc_max: Maybe you could take a quick look at this issue when you have some time over
wink.gif

WiiPower said:
IceIceBird said:
Slimmmmmm said:
Not wanting to argue, but would d2x 246[56] and 247[57] not be better for 2 reasons. Your way breaks Triiforce etc for people that still use it (or is it working) and 6 being 6 and 7 being 7 seems the most simple thing for remembering.

Yeah, I'm prob wrong, but I don't fear learning
tongue.gif

Why use TriiForce when there is Mighty Channels? There even is a theme that makes it look like triiforce if you liked that better. Mighty Channel is just TriiForce updated and with a new name. Suporting the new d2x cIOS. And with this new cIOS there has been many bug fixes and the nand emu is way better than ever before.

I tried MC v11.1 on Super Metroid with the apploader boot method, code dump. Same with TriiForce works.

The online stuff for WiiWare might work with the apploader method, but if you can't use it at all in MC...

QUOTE(davebaol @ Jun 14 2011, 12:29 PM) QUOTE(davebaol @ Jun 14 2011, 11:32 AM)
No, online stuff never worked regardless of the loader.
It seems I'm wrong: http://code.google.com/p/triiforce/issues/detail?id=18
blush.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
IceIceBird, I know all about MC and I follow everything marc makes (he has quite a few apps btw)

The reason I posted about Triiforce is because hundreds if not a thousand or more people have made various things that work with Triiforce (r78 iirc) and not with MC.

Some of these people have made forwarder isos so they can view,sort and filter the games through a GX, WiiFlow or CFG interface. I myself don't care what any dev does in his free time, so if they make a change that stops things working for some I just find a workaround to get the same effect. However a lot of people either have no time to learn and redo things or would just post reporting problems.

Some would choose to stick with the older methods if they had to redo a lot, so I only suggested a possible win-win for those in that situation, which I'm not. I make my own unique mess
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny