Hacking Micro SD?

Mr. Prince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi, I am getting a supercard dstwo and I am wondering which Micro SD card should I get (sandisk or Kingston), so from your personal experience which one is better?

Thanks!

D

Deleted-220713

The only MicroSD I've owned that has stopped working, (I don't know why) Was a Kingston one.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MSDs can be a bit hit or miss, irrespective of brand. The 3rd reply gave you a more appropriate response by focussing on the region of manufacture...ie. there are a lot of dodgy cheaper MSDs exporting out of other areas within Asia.

Quote "Well then, I'm going to get a Sandisk since (almost) everyone posted more positive experiences with their Sandisk"
*Pedantics
you had 6 replies (one of which didn't specify either) = 5 replies: 3 for Kingston; 2 for Sandisk, 1 negative experience for each. I've done the math and called my old Math's teacher just in case I was trippin' and I think Kingston won in this straw poll :ninja:

Reactions: 3 people

Mr. Prince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
[quote name='Dark^'^Knight' timestamp='1319968108' post='3950793']
you had 6 replies (one of which didn't specify either) = 5 replies: 3 for Kingston; 2 for Sandisk, 1 negative experience for each. I've done the math and called my old Math's teacher just in case I was trippin' and I think Kingston won in this straw poll :ninja:
[/quote]

Well you are right ( I didn't calculate since I would still buy a sandisk since NDS-Gear.com offers only sandisk :P )

I actually have SUPERCARD DSTWO with a kingston SD and my wii uses Sandisk, and I had no problems with both of them, but I wanted to know the experience of both of them according to others.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't really make a difference between Sandisk and Kingston, so long as you buy from a trustworthy seller just buy the cheapest choice. Besides, your dstwo is much more likely to break before the SD does.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
MSDs can be a bit hit or miss, irrespective of brand. ...ie. there are a lot of dodgy cheaper MSDs exporting out of other areas within Asia.[/quote]I agree - I've had quite a few MSD from different manufacturer (Sandisk/Samsung/Kingston/Adapec - even 'branded' cards like 'Nokia')
Only had 1 fail on me so far in all these years (Ironically this happened recently while on holiday - that was a Sandisk 8Gb class 2 BTW)

It IS best to buy from a reputable company & I'll suggest avoid buying any from ebay - as this is where I've read most 'dodgy' cards are sold

The best thing I find is that you should look around to see what's the 'average' price is for the card you thinking of buying (say ~£13-17 for a 16Gb Sandisk Class 6) - & if you find the same card going for a LOT cheaper elsewhere (say

Mr. Prince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
[quote name='CannonFoddr' timestamp='1320226357' post='3954388']
MSDs can be a bit hit or miss, irrespective of brand. ...ie. there are a lot of dodgy cheaper MSDs exporting out of other areas within Asia.[/quote]I agree - I've had quite a few MSD from different manufacturer (Sandisk/Samsung/Kingston/Adapec - even 'branded' cards like 'Nokia')
Only had 1 fail on me so far in all these years (Ironically this happened recently while on holiday - that was a Sandisk 8Gb class 2 BTW)

It IS best to buy from a reputable company & I'll suggest avoid buying any from ebay - as this is where I've read most 'dodgy' cards are sold

The best thing I find is that you should look around to see what's the 'average' price is for the card you thinking of buying (say ~£13-17 for a 16Gb Sandisk Class 6) - & if you find the same card going for a LOT cheaper elsewhere (say

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol