Micro SD?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Mr. Prince, Oct 30, 2011.

Oct 30, 2011

Micro SD? by Mr. Prince at 8:24 AM (899 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Mr. Prince
    OP

Member Mr. Prince GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Saudi Arabia
    Hi, I am getting a supercard dstwo and I am wondering which Micro SD card should I get (sandisk or Kingston), so from your personal experience which one is better?

Thanks!

2. JoshuaS153

Member JoshuaS153 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    The only MicroSD I've owned that has stopped working, (I don't know why) Was a Kingston one.

3. wasim

Member wasim ♫ Music addict ♫

India
    Kingston would be better !

4. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    made in japan or taiwan are better

2 people like this.
  5. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I've always used kingston, and never had any problems with it.
    The only faulty SD was a 4gb sandisk IIRC, it was terrible. It deleted my saves and corrupted my games.

6. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    Sandisk for me.

7. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    I've always been kingston; no problems so far. Never used Sandisk (aside from SD cards, not micro SD cards).

@OP: a poll would help ;)

8. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    I got a 2GB Sandisk micro sd and no problems at all.
    Also got a PRO-DUO Sandisk 8GB and it works fine too.

9. Mr. Prince
    OP

Saudi Arabia
    Well then, I'm going to get a Sandisk since (almost) everyone posted more positive experiences with their Sandisk.

10. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    MSDs can be a bit hit or miss, irrespective of brand. The 3rd reply gave you a more appropriate response by focussing on the region of manufacture...ie. there are a lot of dodgy cheaper MSDs exporting out of other areas within Asia.

Quote "Well then, I'm going to get a Sandisk since (almost) everyone posted more positive experiences with their Sandisk"
    *Pedantics
    you had 6 replies (one of which didn't specify either) = 5 replies: 3 for Kingston; 2 for Sandisk, 1 negative experience for each. I've done the math and called my old Math's teacher just in case I was trippin' and I think Kingston won in this straw poll :ninja:

3 people like this.
  11. Mr. Prince
    OP

Saudi Arabia
    [quote name='Dark^'^Knight' timestamp='1319968108' post='3950793']
    you had 6 replies (one of which didn't specify either) = 5 replies: 3 for Kingston; 2 for Sandisk, 1 negative experience for each. I've done the math and called my old Math's teacher just in case I was trippin' and I think Kingston won in this straw poll :ninja:
    [/quote]

Well you are right ( I didn't calculate since I would still buy a sandisk since NDS-Gear.com offers only sandisk :P )

I actually have SUPERCARD DSTWO with a kingston SD and my wii uses Sandisk, and I had no problems with both of them, but I wanted to know the experience of both of them according to others.

12. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    It doesn't really make a difference between Sandisk and Kingston, so long as you buy from a trustworthy seller just buy the cheapest choice. Besides, your dstwo is much more likely to break before the SD does.

13. Mr. Prince
    OP

Saudi Arabia
    Actually I have a DSTWO that I bought more than one year ago, and it's perfectly fine! B-)

14. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    I meant it more in the sense that a Micro SD will last forever. (Not quite, but still)

15. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    Kingston Made in Japan for the win. End.

1 person likes this.
  16. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    MSDs can be a bit hit or miss, irrespective of brand. ...ie. there are a lot of dodgy cheaper MSDs exporting out of other areas within Asia.[/quote]I agree - I've had quite a few MSD from different manufacturer (Sandisk/Samsung/Kingston/Adapec - even 'branded' cards like 'Nokia')
    Only had 1 fail on me so far in all these years (Ironically this happened recently while on holiday - that was a Sandisk 8Gb class 2 BTW)

It IS best to buy from a reputable company & I'll suggest avoid buying any from ebay - as this is where I've read most 'dodgy' cards are sold

The best thing I find is that you should look around to see what's the 'average' price is for the card you thinking of buying (say ~£13-17 for a 16Gb Sandisk Class 6) - & if you find the same card going for a LOT cheaper elsewhere (say

17. Mr. Prince
    OP

Saudi Arabia
    [quote name='CannonFoddr' timestamp='1320226357' post='3954388']
    MSDs can be a bit hit or miss, irrespective of brand. ...ie. there are a lot of dodgy cheaper MSDs exporting out of other areas within Asia.[/quote]I agree - I've had quite a few MSD from different manufacturer (Sandisk/Samsung/Kingston/Adapec - even 'branded' cards like 'Nokia')
    Only had 1 fail on me so far in all these years (Ironically this happened recently while on holiday - that was a Sandisk 8Gb class 2 BTW)

It IS best to buy from a reputable company & I'll suggest avoid buying any from ebay - as this is where I've read most 'dodgy' cards are sold

The best thing I find is that you should look around to see what's the 'average' price is for the card you thinking of buying (say ~£13-17 for a 16Gb Sandisk Class 6) - & if you find the same card going for a LOT cheaper elsewhere (say