Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
MarcusIronfist said:
Well, I'm trying to run it from a wbfs formatted harddrive using the CFG USB Loader. And I put the game onto the HD using the wbfs Manager to load from an ISO.
Are you using IOS222 or IOS223 to play the game? The dual layer bug is for both reading and writing, so you have to use Hermes' IOS. Go here for installation instructions if you don't have it already.

MarcusIronfist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
MarcusIronfist said:
Well, I'm trying to run it from a wbfs formatted harddrive using the CFG USB Loader. And I put the game onto the HD using the wbfs Manager to load from an ISO.
Are you using IOS222 or IOS223 to play the game? The dual layer bug is for both reading and writing, so you have to use Hermes' IOS. Go here for installation instructions if you don't have it already.

Hey, guess what: I got it working with IOS249rev13b using USB Loader GX...

The Hermes installer for 222/223 doesn't like my system, it freezes after I click the option to merge ios38 and ios37...

If I could get the Hermes cIOS installer to succeed, would CFG let me run the main MPT front-end and then load into each game through its internal menu? Or would I still need to use the "alternate .dol" method?

Update: I used the "offline" method to do the 222/223 install, and it worked. MPT now loads MP3 using the "alternate .dol" method.

TwoBladedKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't load MP3 at all... using cios R14 I get the error has occured screen, using any other ios 222,223 or even older version of 249 I just get a black screen and nothing else :S

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwoBladedKnight said:
I can't load MP3 at all... using cios R14 I get the error has occured screen, using any other ios 222,223 or even older version of 249 I just get a black screen and nothing else :S

If you had cIOS 249 rev 14 installed when you ripped the game then MP3 will not work. cIOS 249 rev 14 has broken dual layer support for both installing and playing games so any dual layer game will not work with that cIOS. Install either a lower rev of 249 or install 222 rev 4 and rip/play the game with that.

***edit***
Looking half-way up this page I see I typed this same exact thing up there..... Did you already read that and reinstall?

TwoBladedKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aaw jizz I got haxx... I did have it set to 249 instead of 222 and I had to return the game to the video store >.> looks like I'll just haveto buy it and make a nother rip then...

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
win32rcbot said:
Did anyone find a way to alt dol on harddrive AND setting difficulty level to NORMAL (or easy) instead of VETERAN ?
Many thanks

This is what I always long for.

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
win32rcbot said:
Did anyone find a way to alt dol on harddrive AND setting difficulty level to NORMAL (or easy) instead of VETERAN ?
Many thanks

I wonder if the difficulty level could be forced via ocarina?

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Could ocarina technically set difficulty mode? If so, that would solve this matter once and for all.

How to find out? I know jack about ocarina... sorry to say.

Anyone else have a clue?

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
my question is does rev15 solve mp3's alt.dol loading error? (really sucks that only the first two get loaded)

P.S.:using usb loader gx.....

Pariah_333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone having any luck with the new patch for this from 1Up? I think it was just released yesterday or the day before. It adds about 256mb to the iso size. Basically they said that their release was underdumped or something on those lines. Anyways I tried it on dl disc using rev15 with neogamma 8, uloader 3.1, and backup launcher and still all the same issues with trying to get it to boot. Maybe it will help you USB guys

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, uber-n00b here, so pleaz anzer quick.
If I play game from DVD and set difficulty and save and zen play vrom usb does this keep difficulty or is it veteran then again?
Thaaaankzzzzzz

EDITZ: i'M too lazzzy to read whole topic or use search, so pleaz anzer quick.

tomtatoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, no, Rev 15 does not fix the loading issues. I use a USB loader, and I am still unable to select difficulty or get MP3 to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!