Games aren't loading right on USB loader GX

ShdwTakashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader GX is able to read my Cruzer Glide 128GB (USB 2.0) but it's not allowing it to play correctly, As in every time I try loading games through this USB, the screen fades to black and I'm stuck there for a while, The game doesn't load either. I tried it with another USB that I had that holds a little bit less (32GB) and it completely worked. Games loaded and was ready to play. Switching back didn't make a difference. The Port isn't the issue in this matter. What could it be?

Also, Any game recommendations?
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE: I've uninstalled and REINSTALLED USB LOADER GX yet it still doesn't boot the games. My Wii controller turns off and disconnects from the Wii, The Screen turns black and doesn't change, Just stays there.

Last edited by ShdwTakashi,

Warp178

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are your game files names? My files were gamename[gameid].wbfs. Changing the file name to gamid.wbfs fixed it for me.

ShdwTakashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are your game files names? My files were gamename[gameid].wbfs. Changing the file name to gamid.wbfs fixed it for me.
I figured out the problem to this.
The reason behind why Games aren't loading is because it's EXTREMELY slow. As for my other USB, it works a bit faster.
the game files would be a problem if the channels came out black or if the Wii didn't recognize the file.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I figured out the problem to this.
The reason behind why Games aren't loading is because it's EXTREMELY slow. As for my other USB, it works a bit faster.
the game files would be a problem if the channels came out black or if the Wii didn't recognize the file.
Extremely low?
As in: Driver formatted with less that 32k cluster size?

Or slow as in, mechanically slow?

Have you tried reformatting your USB to one single partition, fat32, 32k cluster size and mbr boot sector.

ShdwTakashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extremely low?
As in: Driver formatted with less that 32k cluster size?

Or slow as in, mechanically slow?

Have you tried reformatting your USB to one single partition, fat32, 32k cluster size and mbr boot sector.
slow as in mechanically slow: 5 MB/s
I waited for 5 minutes and a game finally loaded. the disconnected Wii controller and the black screen was the start-up to the game.

I formatted the USB to fat32 so that it can hold games from my other USB. So there's nothing wrong with how its formatted.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
slow as in mechanically slow: 5 MB/s
I waited for 5 minutes and a game finally loaded. the disconnected Wii controller and the black screen was the start-up to the game.

I formatted the USB to fat32 so that it can hold games from my other USB. So there's nothing wrong with how its formatted.

Partition and Cluster Size is not the same.

You can have FAT32 with 16K, 32K, 64K Cluster Size, each reads faster than the one before it. But it's recommended to use 32K with Wii because synchronization abd compatibility.

If you notice slow transfer/read times from a drive, make sure you're using the correct Cluster Size.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto