Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Narolez said:
I use the following configuration for playing the PAL version:

- USB Loader CFG 42b
- IOS 222 V3 or 223 V3 (only needed if you are using 249 rev 14 because broken DL support)
- Alternate Dol form disc

MP1, MP2 and MP3 are working with these configuration.
In 480i, I suppose.

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Still no way to get the multiplayer working...
Because there aren't anymore .dol's, I think it's hidden in the MP2 .dol file, (it was original from the game MP2)
But how to launch it? Anyone found out yet?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
PrimeTime 84 said:
Narolez said:
I use the following configuration for playing the PAL version:

- USB Loader CFG 42b
- IOS 222 V3 or 223 V3 (only needed if you are using 249 rev 14 because broken DL support)
- Alternate Dol form disc

MP1, MP2 and MP3 are working with these configuration.
In 480i, I suppose.
To work in 480p you'd just add the "video_patch=all" option to that list.

Twid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
mahern4 said:
Issue(s)- The only problem I ran into is when you choose a game it automatically chooses 'veteran' difficulty and not 'normal'. I played about an hour of the first game before I realized this...the game's not really that hard. And shit, it's six years old...challenge yourself.
evil.gif
How can I change the difficulty ?

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twid said:
mahern4 said:
Issue(s)- The only problem I ran into is when you choose a game it automatically chooses 'veteran' difficulty and not 'normal'. I played about an hour of the first game before I realized this...the game's not really that hard. And shit, it's six years old...challenge yourself.
evil.gif
How can I change the difficulty ?
At this point, the only way is by playing from the disc.

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone willing to create a save file with the 3 games on NORMAL.

Just save at the very first save point for each games.

And upload it on mediafire to help us, Usb loader fans
smile.gif

For the name of the save file..... just call it "Samus" or something.

Thanks.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if the save file is created on normal, running it through a USB loader using alt dol method will cause the game to play in veteran difficulty.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I believe veteran difficulty is the original game's normal setting. I think they dumbed it down a bit for the normal difficulty this time around.

Veteran I think simply refers to old difficulty setting.

CubeLer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fluffykiwi said:
I believe veteran difficulty is the original game's normal setting. I think they dumbed it down a bit for the normal difficulty this time around.

Veteran I think simply refers to old difficulty setting.Can anyone confirm this?Is the MP1/MP2 Veteran-Mode from Triology the normal difficulty-Mode from Gamcube?

QUOTE(Twid @ Sep 7 2009, 11:07 AM) Need a Metroid Prime Trilogy PAL DVD5
biggrin.gif
search the Tool "mpt_dvd5_tool".This helps by MP1 and 2.But How can create a DVD5 only for MP3?

bye

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"How can create a DVD5 only for MP3?"

just download the original MP3 from somewhere..... it's the exact same game.

I know, you won't be able to see 100% for your 3 games in the MPT main menu
tongue.gif

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Covarr said:
Even if the save file is created on normal, running it through a USB loader using alt dol method will cause the game to play in veteran difficulty.
I guess I'm the only one who retains the Normal difficulty. Using USB with alt .dol loading will only allow you to create one valid save, which occurrs when you launch the menu. Obviously you can select Normal, but when you start MP1, the Wii resets. The difficulty has not been saved.

However, if you use a dvd-r backup to select Normal, and continue playing to the first save room, you can create a valid save, retaining the options you set in the menu. Then using USB loaders, the alt .dol for MP1 will auto-load that valid save, and retain your previous settings. I can confirm that the Normal difficulty is intact with USB loading, since the difference between the two difficulties is pretty obvious, even when taking out a normal space pirate with your plasma cannon.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
Covarr said:
I guess I'm the only one who retains the Normal difficulty. Using USB with alt .dol loading will only allow you to create one valid save, which occurrs when you launch the menu. Obviously you can select Normal, but when you start MP1, the Wii resets. The difficulty has not been saved.

However, if you use a dvd-r backup to select Normal, and continue playing to the first save room, you can create a valid save, retaining the options you set in the menu. Then using USB loaders, the alt .dol for MP1 will auto-load that valid save, and retain your previous settings. I can confirm that the Normal difficulty is intact with USB loading, since the difference between the two difficulties is pretty obvious, even when taking out a normal space pirate with your plasma cannon.

What happens when you move on from 1 to 2? Like will you have to create a new save file altogether or can you just start 2 on a dvd-r then do the same without disrupting your original save?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrickyTony said:
dsfanatic5 said:
Covarr said:

What happens when you move on from 1 to 2? Like will you have to create a new save file altogether or can you just start 2 on a dvd-r then do the same without disrupting your original save?
To be honest, I haven't tried it. I just wanted to play through MP1 again, so I've only tested my method with that game. If you follow my advice, you'll have a dvd-r backup of the dvd5 release, which will allow you to access the menu and play the game in a single session. You can either continue to play using the dvd-r backup, or save your game and continue with a USB loader. Either way, using an alt .dol should auto-load your save game data for the desired game, and you should be good. So again, use the dvd-r backup to get your game rolling, and then use USB loader alt .dol to continue, if you desire.

CubeLer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have test it but not working for me.I have a Save from MP1,saved as normal.

I start the Game from USB/alternate.dol,play a little bit and Save again.
I start the Trilogy menu from DVD and now my Save switched from normal to Veteran.

What is the right way?
1.I start from Menu and Save on first Savestation
2.i start the triology menu with USB Loader,Save is normal,
2a.i start MP1 and my wii resetted
2b. i have tested without 2.a
3.i start from USB with alternate.dol mp1,saving
4.i go back to triology menu my save is switched from normal to veteran.

I can not reproduce your Way

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CubeLer said:
fluffykiwi said:

Veteran I think simply refers to old difficulty setting.Can anyone confirm this?Is the MP1/MP2 Veteran-Mode from Triology the normal difficulty-Mode from Gamcube?

QUOTE(Twid @ Sep 7 2009, 11:07 AM) Need a Metroid Prime Trilogy PAL DVD5
biggrin.gif
search the Tool "mpt_dvd5_tool".This helps by MP1 and 2.But How can create a DVD5 only for MP3?

bye
Get Metroid Prime 3 Corruption. It was made as a standalone game before the trilogy was released. You could in theory create an empty .txt document and replace all the files pertaining to Primes 1 & 2 with WiiScrubber 1.4 then reduce the size with WiiScrubber 1.0. I did this to separate Primes 1 & 2 for USB loaders. I didn't bother with 3 as I already had a copy of it and I'm not so worried about unlockables as I am to be able to play them with Wii controls.

Here is the link to the MPT DVD5 Tool.

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
hundshamer said:
You could in theory create an empty .txt document and replace all the files pertaining to Primes 1 & 2 with WiiScrubber 1.4 then reduce the size with WiiScrubber 1.0. I did this to separate Primes 1 & 2 for USB loaders.

Here is the link to the MPT DVD5 Tool.

Hundshamer, thanks! I've been following your instructions and got MP1 and 2 separated from MP 3. I've got 1 & 2 working successfully on the USB loader. I didn't want to burn to disc.

My question to all: If I just want to extract MP3 from the trilogy using the same method, would the game work on a USB loader? Previously, I couldn't get MP3 from the trilogy to work even when using Configurable USB loader and Hermes 222/223.

UPDATE: Tried extracting MP 3 from the trilogy by replacing MP1 and MP2 with empty .txt. document. Then used Wiiscruber 1.4 to scrub the iso and Wiiscrubber 1.0 to shrink the ISO to single layer disc size. Tried running the ISO in CFG loader and it DOES NOT WORK. Better off getting the stand alone MP 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1