• Poll closed .

Yuuyuun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Works fine on my o3DS. Some of the glitches I encountered are:
-Black box at the tip of the weapon when firing missiles.
-Audio glitch in the first section after the start point.
-Long load times, around 6~8 seconds.
-It's possible to get stuck in some places.

Things I missed:
Ability to aim diagonally with L/R.
Ability to climb walls.
Aim UP without jumping.
D-Pad use.
Shoot using Y instead of A. (personal preference)

This is it for now. I really love the idea, can't wait to play the full version.

Last edited by Yuuyuun,
Reactions: SLiV3R

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, relly pretty. But nintendo dont will release the dogs against you like chrono trigger 3d project and others?

HowDoI?

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated the link to include the encryption key, sorry about that! Should work now

And so far only a couple of rooms are included, its more of a Engine Show-off!
Can you do a CIA build? Or a 3ds or elf that I can convert to CIA.

farias0

Whatever
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all, congrats! It's an awesome project and I'm glad you're sharing it with us.

Now bug reporting: At the second screen there's a hole, when I fell there I couldn't get out. Now sure if it's a bug or I'm really dumb, but I tried everything. When I try to jump out of the hole it seems like Samus hits a invisible ceiling that changes the direction of her movement, it's kind of awkward. Also when you fall down it takes something like 5 or more seconds to load, but maybe it's just the O3DS. Last thing, when you try to change direction in the air (like mid jump) you can't. Not sure if it's a Metroid thing or whatever, but it felt awkward to control, so better report.

Anyways, congrats again! I'm glad this exists :D

UltiNaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A local multiplayer for those who finished the game would be nice.
But I would like to see some online multiplayers in a homebrew game it would be funnier to challenge friends or other players.

jbr373

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CIA! CIA! CIA!
Can you do a CIA build? Or a 3ds or elf that I can convert to CIA.
CIA build and source code please?

I won't be creating a CIA for this (because there's not much included in terms of Rooms, Enemies etc.). I can upload the .elf file when I'm releasing the next Build if thats required to create a CIA. The Source will stay private for now

I'm definitely behind this. But why the smudgy filter?
Yeah, I think it is nice with pixel art as well. But it is nice with smoothing too. This is only a matter of taste, none of them are objective better than the other.

I did try to get a pixel art look at first, but those Sprites simply didn't look good... So I went with xBR upscaled Sprites. Thats why the Sprites look smoothed. Please keep in mind that the look of the Spritesheets could still change, this is an early tech demo after all!

I didn't say porting that version on Game Maker, but yes using same sprites, music, maps and gameplay, everything ported to play with sf2dlib.
I won't use anything from AM2R because of what I've seen from the Creator's Blog - He seems to create many assets (Music, Sprites, etc) by himself and I don't want to rip from his Project. AM2R's assets are gorgeous, but sadly not made by me :) I use Sprites publicly released for usage which I edit

A local multiplayer for those who finished the game would be nice.
But I would like to see some online multiplayers in a homebrew game it would be funnier to challenge friends or other players.

I will be focusing on the single player part of the game for now, and I have no Idea how to actually implement something like this. My main concern is the original Metroid 2 Gameplay

And I would once again thank everyone for their support, suggestions for improvement and telling me about bugs! I've been at work and have added something new for the next release: Ledge Grabbing (as well as Sound Fixes, new enemies, the complete first Phase, etc. :) ) Please keep those suggestions on how to improve this coming!

mbnv6nh.png

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And I would once again thank everyone for their support, suggestions for improvement and telling me about bugs! I've been at work and have added something new for the next release: Ledge Grabbing (as well as Sound Fixes, new enemies, the complete first Phase, etc. :) ) Please keep those suggestions on how to improve this coming!

mbnv6nh.png
This looks completely freaking amazing!
I have some questions:

1) Will you focus on merely recreating the entire game in the new engine or will you add some new stuff?
2) What about the music?
I do have some tracks stored in my PC that could work wonderfully for this kind of project, let me know if you're interested. (Note: They're not mine, they're mostly remakes or covers of the songs form the original game posted by several guys over at YouTube, but I have quite a compilation so far).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...