Metacritic Names PS3 The Best Gaming Platform Of 2009

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by luke_c, Dec 11, 2009.

1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Source.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, that's an average of game scores, and the PS3 had a pretty good year this year. The Wii didn't, that's why it's at the bottom.

3. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    For some reason I lol'd at this.

4. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    oh boy, the overrated stuff made the PS3 go to the top honestly I don't trust critics' scores anymore here or in Japan.

5. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    How can you rate the same game from a different consoles!? Seriously~~

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, for example, The Orange Box on the PS3 was a little glitchy compared to its PC and 360 brothers. Some games also have unique console-to-console features.

But still, the PS3 was basically carried by Uncharted 2. Street Fighter IV and CoD6 were nearly identical on system-to-system. Microsoft just didn't have a lot of strong 360-only titles this year. Halo ODST was probably the only one, but that wasn't nearly as strong as Halo 3.

7. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    The reason why the PS3 had the most 'good' games, is because theres less shovelware developers for its platform. The Wii has the most obviously and the 360 is in between.

8. Jaems

Member Jaems GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    PS3 had a very good year. Alongside the third-party titles were fantastic exclusives like Killzone2, Uncharted 2, Infamous, and Demon's Souls.

9. Prophet

Member Prophet Resident Black Militant

United States
    PS3 came out with some strong exclusives this year. Uncharted 2, Demon Souls. Ratchet and Clank Future, Killzone 2, inFAMOUS. All of which scored really well.

I'm glad, I actually got a fair amount of use out of my PS3 this year.

edit: Jaems beat me to it.

10. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    When are PS3 and 360 gonna use the same network so we can all play together in a bigger community!?! I know it wont happen for many reasons (Mostly legal reasons) but it would be kick ass.

11. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    PS3 Sucks though....
    Metacritic is fail >_>
    Ps3 is the LAST console i'd want to have, i'd rather have a second DS >_>
    Stupid Sony making a stupid console.
    Wii Forever!
    Also... I'd like to see where Zelda ST would come on that list, if Chinatown wars is there, i expect Zelda to be higher than it

12. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    You'd rather have another DS.... [​IMG]

Nobody can't deny it but the PS3 had a great year, will be picking up some of the titles that i haven't played yet, its time to finally buy some games for my PS3.

Pretty much Sony came out with this year with many strong titles, not so much exclusiveness for 360, but in 2010 there will be Halo Reach, Gears 3, and probably some others,

Either way, congrats Sony, you deserve it.

13. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    I usually don't trust most multi-platform review sites. I mean they rate multi-platform FPS lower on the pc then the console version. Usually FPS are better on the pc thanks to the keyboard and mouse combo, better textures and smoother framerate. What's up with that? [​IMG]

14. omgpwn666

United States
    I actually never saw Wii as a stand alone console,when I got the Wii I was like "I need a PS3 or a Xbox to go with this". Face it,Wii alone cant make anyone happy forever even though it is a very good console,I love GTA 4 and I knew I was not getting that for the Wii,same with Orange Box because they don't make games like that for the Wii (Because its family orientated and its graphics would be lessened) except Manhunt.. I have to admit that was a shocker. lol

Also PS3 don't suck,if it did it wouldn't be the top of the chart.

15. outgum

New Zealand
    Do they REALLY deserve it?
    REALLY?

I was just looking at the top games too, and it said Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2 is up there on the Ps3, Wouldnt you much rather like to play it on a 360, which has a better designed Controller? And feels WAY more right to play an FPS on? Anyways, thats my opinion, I think 360 should be number one, and maybe the Wii ALITTLE higher O_O
    And i'd like to see the DS being ON that list, i mean... im pretty sure the DS does better than the Wii?

That Charts Wrong. [​IMG]

16. omgpwn666

United States
    I don't think they pull results out of there asses like some would like to believe,and the 360 being number 1 is your opinion,I have a 360 and a Wii,not a PS3. But I do believe PS3 deserves this one,congratulations Sony.

17. outgum

New Zealand
    It is my Opinion, yes.
    And what your saying is also YOUR opinion.

I own a 360, and my brother owns a PS3, I find my brother always playing my 360, and i never touch his ps3, due to the fact no games appeal to me on that console, and if there was a decent game (Modern Warfare 2) I'd much rather have it on 360, its more of a Suited FPS console to me.
    Personally i hate sony, i loved them UNTILL they released there PS3, I just didnt like it, Not when i could go with microsoft and get an Xbox, Which might i add looks better too XD Not a Huge box.
    Also ever since i learnt what Sony has always done, Release there console JUST to release a smaller version of it later? PsX and the Small White PsX, Ps2, Ps2 Slimline, Ps3, and now that new slim ps3, Laaaaaammmeeeeee... *Yawn* I dont see a smaller console of the Original Xbox, But in sonys Defence, Xbox went to the Elite Console.

The Xbox 360 to me is just a better console, Through Design, the games it has, and i personally think Sony will slowly fade out of the gaming area as Nintendo and Microsoft will uprise and destroy them [​IMG] Might never happen though, But it should >_>

Congratulations Sony! I don't like you! [​IMG]

18. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    HA. What games are those on 360? Halo, Fable, Viva Pinata? Can't think of any more exclusives.

19. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    >Playing FPS with a controller

lol.

I actually bought a 360 pad the other day to play some PC games with, and imo it's pretty terrible, it's only really good for racing games and terrible ports that don't consider keyboard + mouse control. Shit for anything 2d too, since the d-pad is terrible.

edit:
    [​IMG]

20. omgpwn666

United States
    @ luke_c - At the stuff you said,all of that made perfect seance,I must say the exclusives is the reason I chose 360,I always choose by looking at exclusives and which system my family plays on.

Exclusives--------
    Crackdown
    Gears of War
    Halo
    Viva Pinata
    Fable
    Grand Theft Auto Episodes
    Left 4 Dead (Also on PC)
    Lost Odyssey (Loved it)
    Mass Effect (Also on PC,game of the year?)
    Too Human
    -------------------
    Anyways everyone has there own opinions,I like the PS3 and 360 but to say I hate one of them would have to be complete bs considering neither suck,to say one sucks is just a blast of complete fan boy ignorance.