OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
500x_metacritic.jpg

Media review aggregator Metacritic has released a list of the top games and consoles of 2009, with the PlayStation 3 coming out on top of the site's first annual Game Platform Power Ranking.

The Game Platform Power Ranking isn't just about the average review score of games across the various platforms. Metacritic takes into account the number of titles scored a 90 or higher when calculating the winner, which explains how the PlayStation 3 came out on top, despite PC titles having an average score of 72.5 to the PS3's 72.0.

As you can see in the chart, the Xbox 360 takes third place, followed by the Sony PSP. Nintendo's two platforms take up the rear, perhaps as result of having more games released than any other console platform.

So the PlayStation 3 is the top console, what are the top games?
500x_bestreviewedgames.jpg
The PlayStation 3 tops the chart again, with the first three positions taken up with PS3 titles.
In fact, of the three titles in the list that are platform exclusives, two of those belong to the PlayStation 3 - number one Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and the God of War Collection, with Xbox 360 racer Forza Motorsport 3 being the third.

Not one game in the top 10 best reviewed games for the year is for the Nintendo Wii, with only a lone DS game - Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - joining the five PS3 and four Xbox 360 titles.

Going over all of the statistics, it looks like a matter of quality over quantity for the PlayStation 3. It's good to see the sun shining on Sony's black box, isn't it?
Source.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
How can you rate the same game from a different consoles!? Seriously~~

Well, for example, The Orange Box on the PS3 was a little glitchy compared to its PC and 360 brothers. Some games also have unique console-to-console features.

But still, the PS3 was basically carried by Uncharted 2. Street Fighter IV and CoD6 were nearly identical on system-to-system. Microsoft just didn't have a lot of strong 360-only titles this year. Halo ODST was probably the only one, but that wasn't nearly as strong as Halo 3.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
The reason why the PS3 had the most 'good' games, is because theres less shovelware developers for its platform. The Wii has the most obviously and the 360 is in between.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS3 had a very good year. Alongside the third-party titles were fantastic exclusives like Killzone2, Uncharted 2, Infamous, and Demon's Souls.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS3 came out with some strong exclusives this year. Uncharted 2, Demon Souls. Ratchet and Clank Future, Killzone 2, inFAMOUS. All of which scored really well.

I'm glad, I actually got a fair amount of use out of my PS3 this year.

edit: Jaems beat me to it.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When are PS3 and 360 gonna use the same network so we can all play together in a bigger community!?! I know it wont happen for many reasons (Mostly legal reasons) but it would be kick ass.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
PS3 Sucks though....
Metacritic is fail >_>
Ps3 is the LAST console i'd want to have, i'd rather have a second DS >_>
Stupid Sony making a stupid console.
Wii Forever!
Also... I'd like to see where Zelda ST would come on that list, if Chinatown wars is there, i expect Zelda to be higher than it

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
outgum said:
PS3 Sucks though....
Metacritic is fail >_>
Ps3 is the LAST console i'd want to have, i'd rather have a second DS >_>
Stupid Sony making a stupid console.
Wii Forever!
Also... I'd like to see where Zelda ST would come on that list, if Chinatown wars is there, i expect Zelda to be higher than it

You'd rather have another DS....
unsure.gif

Nobody can't deny it but the PS3 had a great year, will be picking up some of the titles that i haven't played yet, its time to finally buy some games for my PS3.

Pretty much Sony came out with this year with many strong titles, not so much exclusiveness for 360, but in 2010 there will be Halo Reach, Gears 3, and probably some others,

Either way, congrats Sony, you deserve it.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I usually don't trust most multi-platform review sites. I mean they rate multi-platform FPS lower on the pc then the console version. Usually FPS are better on the pc thanks to the keyboard and mouse combo, better textures and smoother framerate. What's up with that?
unsure.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually never saw Wii as a stand alone console,when I got the Wii I was like "I need a PS3 or a Xbox to go with this". Face it,Wii alone cant make anyone happy forever even though it is a very good console,I love GTA 4 and I knew I was not getting that for the Wii,same with Orange Box because they don't make games like that for the Wii (Because its family orientated and its graphics would be lessened) except Manhunt.. I have to admit that was a shocker. lol

Also PS3 don't suck,if it did it wouldn't be the top of the chart.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Do they REALLY deserve it?
REALLY?

I was just looking at the top games too, and it said Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2 is up there on the Ps3, Wouldnt you much rather like to play it on a 360, which has a better designed Controller? And feels WAY more right to play an FPS on? Anyways, thats my opinion, I think 360 should be number one, and maybe the Wii ALITTLE higher O_O
And i'd like to see the DS being ON that list, i mean... im pretty sure the DS does better than the Wii?

QUOTE said:
That Charts Wrong.
smileipb2.png

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they pull results out of there asses like some would like to believe,and the 360 being number 1 is your opinion,I have a 360 and a Wii,not a PS3. But I do believe PS3 deserves this one,congratulations Sony.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It is my Opinion, yes.
And what your saying is also YOUR opinion.

I own a 360, and my brother owns a PS3, I find my brother always playing my 360, and i never touch his ps3, due to the fact no games appeal to me on that console, and if there was a decent game (Modern Warfare 2) I'd much rather have it on 360, its more of a Suited FPS console to me.
Personally i hate sony, i loved them UNTILL they released there PS3, I just didnt like it, Not when i could go with microsoft and get an Xbox, Which might i add looks better too XD Not a Huge box.
Also ever since i learnt what Sony has always done, Release there console JUST to release a smaller version of it later? PsX and the Small White PsX, Ps2, Ps2 Slimline, Ps3, and now that new slim ps3, Laaaaaammmeeeeee... *Yawn* I dont see a smaller console of the Original Xbox, But in sonys Defence, Xbox went to the Elite Console.

The Xbox 360 to me is just a better console, Through Design, the games it has, and i personally think Sony will slowly fade out of the gaming area as Nintendo and Microsoft will uprise and destroy them
happy.gif
Might never happen though, But it should >_>

Congratulations Sony! I don't like you!
toot.gif

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
outgum said:
Do they REALLY deserve it?
REALLY?
Yes.
I was just looking at the top games too, and it said Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2 is up there on the Ps3, Wouldnt you much rather like to play it on a 360, which has a better designed Controller? And feels WAY more right to play an FPS on? Anyways, thats my opinion, I think 360 should be number one, and maybe the Wii ALITTLE higher O_O
And i'd like to see the DS being ON that list, i mean... im pretty sure the DS does better than the Wii?
That's the biggest bullshit in the history of bullshit, your "better designed controller" view is a mere opinion, i myself prefer PS3's over the 360, feels too chunky and too many buttons, and how does it feel "More right to play FPS on a 360" Seriously, this sir is console discrimination.
QUOTE said:
That Charts Wrong.
smileipb2.png

The chart is accurate, unlike your statements.

QUOTE(outgum @ Dec 11 2009, 07:17 PM)
It is my Opinion, yes.
And what your saying is also YOUR opinion.
Your opinions suck, seriously.
I own a 360, and my brother owns a PS3, I find my brother always playing my 360, and i never touch his ps3, due to the fact no games appeal to me on that console, and if there was a decent game (Modern Warfare 2) I'd much rather have it on 360, its more of a Suited FPS console to me.
Personally i hate sony, i loved them UNTILL they released there PS3, I just didnt like it, Not when i could go with microsoft and get an Xbox, Which might i add looks better too XD Not a Huge box. For a console with the name 360, you can't say much, it resembles nothing of a circle what so ever, it's a brick, like the PS3. Although the new Slim PS3 is more same-size as the 360.
Also ever since i learnt what Sony has always done, Release there console JUST to release a smaller version of it later? PsX and the Small White PsX, Ps2, Ps2 Slimline, Ps3, and now that new slim ps3, Laaaaaammmeeeeee... *Yawn* I dont see a smaller console of the Original Xbox, But in sonys Defence, Xbox went to the Elite Console. YLOD
How is that "lame" releasing improved, smaller, power-saving systems, which fix's fatal errors such as YLOD (Sony put in the effort to stop it unlike Microsoft.)
The Xbox 360 to me is just a better console, Through Design, the games it has, and i personally think Sony will slowly fade out of the gaming area as Nintendo and Microsoft will uprise and destroy them
happy.gif
Might never happen though, But it should >_>

Congratulations Sony! I don't like you!
toot.gif
HA. What games are those on 360? Halo, Fable, Viva Pinata? Can't think of any more exclusives.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
>Playing FPS with a controller

lol.

I actually bought a 360 pad the other day to play some PC games with, and imo it's pretty terrible, it's only really good for racing games and terrible ports that don't consider keyboard + mouse control. Shit for anything 2d too, since the d-pad is terrible.

edit:
1222106002649.png

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ luke_c - At the stuff you said,all of that made perfect seance,I must say the exclusives is the reason I chose 360,I always choose by looking at exclusives and which system my family plays on.

Exclusives--------
Crackdown
Gears of War
Halo
Viva Pinata
Fable
Grand Theft Auto Episodes
Left 4 Dead (Also on PC)
Lost Odyssey (Loved it)
Mass Effect (Also on PC,game of the year?)
Too Human
-------------------
Anyways everyone has there own opinions,I like the PS3 and 360 but to say I hate one of them would have to be complete bs considering neither suck,to say one sucks is just a blast of complete fan boy ignorance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi