Metacritic Names PS3 The Best Gaming Platform Of 2009

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You guys talking about exclusives? IGN AU just started a console showdown and Part 1 is exclusives.
According to them, Wii had the best exclusives in 2009, Followed by the PS3 and the 360 coming in last.
The Wii had 36 games that scored over 7.5, The PS3 had 7 and The 360 had 6.
Article is here.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think something like this can not be discussed about cuz everyone has different opinions ...

i think as well that the wii sadly sucked bad with most games BUT i for one have only like 3 or 4 games at all that i would play at the playstation 3, i do not like shooters (i really "hate" them) and i don't like sport games ... so what is there remaining on PS3 ??? well Eternal Sonata which i can play on 360 as well and Tales of Versperia ... anything else ?? dunno ... many old PS1 and 2 games but 3 ... not much.

XBOX is the same for me only some few games ...

for my personal preferences the DS is definietly No1 !!! so it is really not possible to discuss about something like this because everyone likes other stuff.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sony were in a bit of a trouble before this year imo. they did good with the price drop and the plethora of games that have come out (and the games that are yet to come). 360's future is looking pretty grim right now imo, im planning to wait until next years e3 before i bumble along and sell my banned 360.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps3 is my favorite platform
if it wasn't for homebrew i'll destroy my wii.
smileipb2.png

also in my opinion, Nintendo did a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better job with DS, i think it
should be in second with games like
SoulSilver
Spirit Tracks
M&L bowsers inside story
Kingdom Hearts
and some others im too lazy to put

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameWinner said:
ps3 is my favorite platform
if it wasn't for homebrew i'll destroy my wii.
smileipb2.png

also in my opinion, Nintendo did a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better job with DS, i think it
should be in second with games like
SoulSilver
Spirit Tracks
M&L bowsers inside story
Kingdom Hearts
and some others im too lazy to put

SoulSilver was only released in Japan and the only real major reviewing company that reviewed it is Famitsu.

Spirit Tracks just got released and there aren't enough scores for a Metascore

BiS was received very well and stuff.

Kingdom Hearts didn't get general, overall praise.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
outgum said:
PS3 Sucks though....
Metacritic is fail >_>
Ps3 is the LAST console i'd want to have, i'd rather have a second DS >_>
Stupid Sony making a stupid console.
Wii Forever!
Also... I'd like to see where Zelda ST would come on that list, if Chinatown wars is there, i expect Zelda to be higher than it
*360 and/or Wii fanboyism senses tingling*
Jk. I respect your opinion.

But, care to give any reasons?

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
You'd rather have another DS....
unsure.gif

Nobody can't deny it but the PS3 had a great year, will be picking up some of the titles that i haven't played yet, its time to finally buy some games for my PS3.

Pretty much Sony came out with this year with many strong titles, not so much exclusiveness for 360, but in 2010 there will be Halo Reach, Gears 3, and probably some others,

Either way, congrats Sony, you deserve it.
Final Fantasy XIII
biggrin.gif

Seek01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people say the Wii had a bad year?

Muramasa, NSMB, Little King's Story, Dead Space, TvC, Punch Out, Madworld, The Conduit, and a bunch of niche games like Harvest Moons, Resident Evil, Cursed Mountain, A boy and his blob....

Not to mention a BUNCH of good Wiiware titles.

80% of the hyped titles on the other consoles this year turned out to be mediocre or generic.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
luke_c said:
outgum said:
Do they REALLY deserve it?
REALLY?
Yes.
I was just looking at the top games too, and it said Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2 is up there on the Ps3, Wouldnt you much rather like to play it on a 360, which has a better designed Controller? And feels WAY more right to play an FPS on? Anyways, thats my opinion, I think 360 should be number one, and maybe the Wii ALITTLE higher O_O
And i'd like to see the DS being ON that list, i mean... im pretty sure the DS does better than the Wii?
That's the biggest bullshit in the history of bullshit, your "better designed controller" view is a mere opinion, i myself prefer PS3's over the 360, feels too chunky and too many buttons, and how does it feel "More right to play FPS on a 360" Seriously, this sir is console discrimination.
QUOTE said:
Also PS3 don't suck,if it did it wouldn't be the top of the chart.
That Charts Wrong.
smileipb2.png
The chart is accurate, unlike your statements.

Are you really trying to argue over opinions? Really? And

LOLOLOLOL @ 360 controller being 'chunky' with 'too many buttons' lrn2count bro, as far as I know the PS3 has 4 D-pad buttons, 2 triggers, 2 top buttons, 4 face buttons, 2 analogs AND 3 buttons in the middle (Select, PS, Start) JUST the EXACT SAME amount as the 360.

You can disagree with him, but to flat out say his (perhaps ignorant) opinion is wrong, is laughable at best. Your posts are just as bad as his is, FTR, typing in bold doesn't make your post right and his wrong.

EDIT:
And the 'mere opinion' about the controller isn't necessarily true. The 360 controller IS more ergonomic and DOES feel better for FPS games, even if your hands ARE symmetrical.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seek01 said:
Why do people say the Wii had a bad year?

Muramasa, NSMB, Little King's Story, Dead Space, TvC, Punch Out, Madworld, The Conduit, and a bunch of niche games like Harvest Moons, Resident Evil, Cursed Mountain, A boy and his blob....

Not to mention a BUNCH of good Wiiware titles.

80% of the hyped titles on the other consoles this year turned out to be mediocre or generic.

Yeah, the Wii had a lot of good games but it didn't have many great games. The PS3 had a lot of great games this year.

The Wii library (of, you know, quality games) has always been good but never great.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not surprised

ps3 had some amazing first party games this year
too bad heavy rain and modnation racers couldnt join the party but next year will be nuts with gow3 alone

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
underline=reply
ZeWarrior said:
luke_c said:
outgum said:
REALLY?
Yes.
Only because of the games. Nothing else.
I was just looking at the top games too, and it said Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2 is up there on the Ps3, Wouldnt you much rather like to play it on a 360, which has a better designed Controller? And feels WAY more right to play an FPS on? Anyways, thats my opinion, I think 360 should be number one, and maybe the Wii ALITTLE higher O_O
And i'd like to see the DS being ON that list, i mean... im pretty sure the DS does better than the Wii?
That's the biggest bullshit in the history of bullshit, your "better designed controller" view is a mere opinion, i myself prefer PS3's over the 360, feels too chunky and too many buttons, and how does it feel "More right to play FPS on a 360" Seriously, this sir is console discrimination.
1. The PS3 copied features from other consoles. Their boomerang design failed, and instead of making a new design (like the other consoles), they used their PS1/PS2 design. They added Six-Axis at the last second due to the Wii. They made
QUOTE said:
That Charts Wrong.
smileipb2.png
That's only because of the number of good games this year.

Are you really trying to argue over opinions? Really?
Yup. Sure. Why not.

LOLOLOLOL @ 360 controller being 'chunky' with 'too many buttons' lrn2count bro, as far as I know the PS3 has 4 D-pad buttons, 2 triggers, 2 top buttons, 4 face buttons, 2 analogs AND 3 buttons in the middle (Select, PS, Start) JUST the EXACT SAME amount as the 360.
AFAIK, the PS3 has more controls, due to six-axis and stuff.

You can disagree with him, but to flat out say his (perhaps ignorant) opinion is wrong, is laughable at best. Your posts are just as bad as his is, FTR, typing in bold doesn't make your post right and his wrong.
He's just trying to make his replies visible.

EDIT:
And the 'mere opinion' about the controller isn't necessarily true. The 360 controller IS more ergonomic and DOES feel better for FPS games, even if your hands ARE symmetrical.
You're right. With FPS games (and other games that use both thumbsticks), the different left thumbstick position is more comfortable.

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
YayMii said:
underline=reply
ZeWarrior said:
luke_c said:
outgum said:
REALLY?
Yes.
Only because of the games. Nothing else.
1. The PS3 copied features from other consoles. Their boomerang design failed, and instead of making a new design (like the other consoles), they used their PS1/PS2 design. They added Six-Axis at the last second due to the Wii. They made
QUOTE said:
That Charts Wrong.
smileipb2.png
That's only because of the number of good games this year.

Are you really trying to argue over opinions? Really?
Yup. Sure. Why not.

AFAIK, the PS3 has more controls, due to six-axis and stuff.

He's just trying to make his replies visible.

EDIT:
You're right. With FPS games (and other games that use both thumbsticks), the different left thumbstick position is more comfortable.
I did not say ANYWHERE that his opinions was 'wrong' i said they sucked, 'lrn2read'
Also, everything i said was MY opinion 'to say my opinions is wrong is laughable' So are you saying my opinions are wrong?
That's the thing with console wars, it's all about everyone bitching at everyone else's opinions, learn to live with it.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn everyone thinks the Wii ONLY has childish games they dont even check out the great games on the console but meh.. ps3 doesnt deserve this IMO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks