OK, so we are all here because at the core, we are GAMERS. Which consoles do you currently use? I'd like EVERYBODY HERE to chime in!

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently own:
Game Boy Color (green)
Game Boy Advance
New 3DS
Wii (In pieces, perhaps forever)
Switch OLED
2x Switch
2x Xbox Series X
Meta Quest 2
Gaming Laptop
Gaming PC

Previously owned:
NES (Sold by father)
N64 (Sold shortly after buying; no games and buying more was too expensive, apparently)
Wii U (Handed down)
DSi XL (Handed down)
2DS (Handed down)
Xbox One (Scrapped)
Xbox One S (Sold after upgrading)
PS4 (Sold due to lack of use)

I really wish we hadn't sold the NES and the N64... oh, well. At least I still have my old Game Boys.

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny that you were mentioning you bought your original PlayStation on Saturday September 9th, 1995. I actually bought mine on Friday the 8th. Yep, the shop I bought it from broke the street date. :D I had a lot of fun on that weekend, playing Ridge Racer and Battle Arena Toshinden.

To answer your question, from memory, and trying to go mostly in chronological order.

2 Sega Genesis
1 Sega Nomad
2 SNES
2 Sega Saturn
3 PlayStation (all chipped)
2 Gamecube
1 OG XBOX
3 PS2
2 DS Lite
1 DSi XL
1 3DS
2 New 3DS XL
1 PS3
2 Wii
2 Wii U
2 Switch (both unpatched)

And I had several PCs in the last 25 years. I never could figure out why I was buying most consoles in double. Insecurity, in case one broke down, maybe? I notice those I only bought one of, are probably my least favorite consoles. I never sold any console of mine. All cherished souvenirs!

Ridge Racer & Toshinden were the two games I got as well!!! I remember bringing that badboy home and setting it up, only to find that my TV died THE VERY NEXT DAY. No worries, a great friend of mine bought me a 25" Sanyo that very night (which I had paid him back for in a week), which also had the connections to hook up a mini system to so we can get the sound out of 4 speakers (it was an Aiwa NSX-5200). Gosh the memories!!!

Edit: I still own both Ridge Racer & Battle Arena Toshinden!!! :P
Post automatically merged:

I have:
a fat ps2
2 gba sp 001
1 gba sp 101
2 wii
1 original xbox
2 ds lite
1 dsi
2 wii u
3 ps3 slim
3 xbox 360 slim
2 fat psvitas
2 old 2ds
2 old 3ds
1 old 3ds jap
1 new 3ds xl
2 fat ps4
1 ps4 pro
1 xbox one
2 switch lite
3 switch unpatch
1 switch patch
1 mariko switch
1 ps5 physical disc version
1 oled steamdeck
Jesus, if you were to sell that stuff you'd put GameStop outta business!!! (Don't sell any of it, and I hope they go out of business anyway)...

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,
Reactions: ILuvGames

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
before everyone starts rattling off the same old tune, there should at least be a survey to check off with statistics. but don't forget a field for the gp2x ;)

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, I own these systems (In bold the ones I use in a daily basis or at least thrice a week):

Nintendo consoles:
-N64
-GameBoy Advance SP (x2)
-GameBoy Micro
-NDS Lite (x2)
-DSi
-DSi XL
-Wii
-Old 3DS
-Old 2DS
-New 3DS XL
-Wii U
-Switch

Sony consoles:
-PS One
-PS2 Fat
-PS2 Slim
-PS3 Fat (x2 - Both broken w/ YLOD)
-PS3 Super Slim
-PSP Fat
-PSP Slim
-PSTV
-PS Vita Oled (x3 - One no longer powers on)
-PS4 Fat
-PS5 Fat

Xbox Consoles:
-Xbox One

Others:
-Steam Deck (kinda cheating since it's a handheld PC, but idc)

Last edited by AxlSt00pid,

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HERE WE GO

Nintendo:
GameBoy Color
GBA SP
GB Micro
DS Phat
DS Lite
DSi
O3DS
O3DS XL
Game&Watch Mario 35th anniversary
Game&Watch Zelda 35th anniversary
N64
GameCube
Wii 2x
Wii U
Switch Lite

Sony:
PS1 Slim 2x
PS2 Phat
PS2 Slim
PS3 Super Slim
PS4 Slim
PSP 1000
PSP GO
PSVita 2000

Microsoft:
XB360 S
XBONE Phat
XBONE X

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ridge Racer & Toshinden were the two games I got as well!!! I remember bringing that badboy home and setting it up, only to find that my TV died THE VERY NEXT DAY. No worries, a great friend of mine bought me a 25" Sanyo that very night (which I had paid him back for in a week), which also had the connections to hook up a mini system to so we can get the sound out of 4 speakers (it was an Aiwa NSX-5200). Gosh the memories!!!

Edit: I still own both Ridge Racer & Battle Arena Toshinden!!! :P
I still have them too, like most games I ever bought. What can I say, I've always been more a buyer than a seller. I remember spending a good part of that Sunday on the release weekend back in 1995 trying to connect the PlayStation to my RGB monitor that I was using for my Genesis and SNES. Fun stuff using needles soldered to wires. I had no pinout, but I eventually succeeded late that day. The picture was just stunning. Great memories. :) I forgot in my post that I also owned two PSP Go. Blame it on my aging brain. :rofl:

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Nintendo DSI XL
Nintendo 3DS XL
Nintendo DS lite

all of them broken.
I also used to have a ps2 but it broke too and after sending it to repair we never got it back

and do my pc and my phone count?

• Sad

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I’ve moved all of my systems to my Steam Deck. I don’t even use my Switch anymore. Although, I travel mostly with my DS Lite and 3DS, but I mostly play my DS and 3DS games on my Steam Deck when I am at home

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have them too, like most games I ever bought. What can I say, I've always been more a buyer than a seller. I remember spending a good part of that Sunday on the release weekend back in 1995 trying to connect the PlayStation to my RGB monitor that I was using for my Genesis and SNES. Fun stuff using needles soldered to wires. I had no pinout, but I eventually succeeded late that day. The picture was just stunning. Great memories. :) I forgot in my post that I also owned two PSP Go. Blame it on my aging brain. :rofl:
About keeping your games, I completely agree, and I have all of my PS1, PS2, Dreamcast games and so forth. They're worth much more than you can get some lousy trade-in garbage, and they really make your library sing!

Reactions: Dust2dust

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve moved all of my systems to my Steam Deck. I don’t even use my Switch anymore. Although, I travel mostly with my DS Lite and 3DS, but I mostly play my DS and 3DS games on my Steam Deck when I am at home
Question for you Catboy, I've only recently become interested in either a Steam Deck or a ROG Ally. Did you purchase your Steam Deck when it was competing with the Ally, or before so? The only reason I ask is that, these things look SICK, both of them, but there are pros and cons for each one. What made you buy a Steam Deck, and how do you like it, overall?

I have a real PS2 with 2 CRT tvs. No input lag whatsover is the best part.

For all the other consoles i have my PC lol
Old school my friend! Sounds like an awesome setup!!!
banger.gif

Reactions: TheCryOfHatred

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I only really use my Vita now.

Things i've had but don't anymore - original Atari VCS, original Casio calculator watch with number invaders, Casio PB-700 calculator with BASIC built in, Sinclair ZX-Spectrum 48k, Tandy Coco with the chicklet style keyboard, PSX, Nintendo DS. Time branded PC.

Things I still have - Gamecube, Dreamcast, Fat PS2, Fat PS3, Fat PS4 (brought from new and unused), Amiga 1200 (no games as it wasn't originally mine :sad:), OpenPandora Pandora. GPD Win 3, C64 Mini, 3DS, OG Switch unmodded and rarely used, Fat X-POX 360. a few more PC's (custom built).

@DudderButter Never had a Leapfrog Leapster but if it's the GS, have you seen this ?

Last edited by ILuvGames,

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I currently have :

- A GBC and a pink GBA
- One old PAL Playstation (though I don't have the dualshocks anymore)
- Two Nintendo 3DS XLs (one blue, one white)
- One Nintendo Wii (4.3E softmod)
- One Nintendo Wii U (5.5.5E Aroma)
- Three Nintendo Switches (one V2, one V1 that should come soon, one Mariko (lite))
- One european PS4 on 9.00 (I apply HEN sometimes when I use it)

Reactions: Xzi and ILuvGames

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Since I don't have a lot of space, some of my old stuff is at my brother's place, so at home I have :
- 3DS
- 3DS XL
- Switch (with Atmosphere)
- Switch OLED
- PS5

And at my brother's :
- PS1 with backup loader chip
- PS2 with MCBoot
- Dreamcast
- N64
- Broken DS Lite

Reactions: ILuvGames and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not that we needed more proof, but this thread demonstrates how pirates tend to spend more money on consoles and games than average.

Nintendo:
Gameboy Advance (IPS backlit)
Gameboy Advance SP
NDS Lite
N2DS XL
Switch (launch LCD)
NES
SNES
N64
Gamecube x2
Wii

Sony:
PS Vita (OLED)
PSX
PS One
PS2 Slim
PS3 Phat
PS5

Sega:
Genesis
Dreamcast

Other:
PC (specs in signature)
Steam Deck LCD (upgrading soon to OLED)

Pretty much only the 'other' category gets active and consistent use from me these days, with my PS5, Switch, and DS Lite getting occasional use.

Reactions: Dud and ILuvGames

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...