Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AKBBS is a menu collaboration by bliss, Normmatt, Smiths, Moogle, gelu, and kzat3

Previously, it only ran on the Acekard RPG. But thanks to the hard work of its developers, version 2.0 will run on the AK2 as well!

According to Normmatt, he has been working on the slow motion code so it has been removed from this version, but will be back in for 2.1.

AKBBS 2.0 for the Acekard RPG and Acekard 2 may be out as early as this weekend.

See this thread for more info: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=88147

-Bri

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They stated that it would be released this weekend before it was posted in that thread?

The possibility that AKBBS might be modified to run on the AK2 was mentioned in this thread as early as May 7th, but I didn't see any other thread in "User Submitted News" announcing its possible release this weekend.

-Bri

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've been busy this weekend so I haven't had time to look into the slow motion problems yet. I could do a release without slow motion but i'd prefer to make a release with it added in so that i can get some feedback about it. Assuming we get time in the next few days either me or Smiths will release it, either with or without slow motion.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
bit of a wasteful topic. when something is said in one topic, unless it is incredibly significant, it usually doesn't warrant a new topic to seperate the talk (of which in this case there is little. devs have said enough and users can only say so much useless discussion).

IMO of of course
happy.gif

and i think everyone should let the devs take their time, don't pressure them too much.
they are creating these firmwares which benefit us for free
smile.gif

on that note, good luck everyone.

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anyone is pressuring anyone.

The intent was to put a short announcement that it was going to be available soon in the "User Submitted News" area. I didn't realize it would create such a stir (well, that's if two people posting useless comments to complain that the topic is useless can be considered a "stir").

The admins can feel free to delete this thread if they feel there's a problem.

ETA: Normmatt, I would vote to go ahead and release it without the slow-motion if it would be out quicker that way. Personally, I'd rather start using it, and would then download the slow-motion version as soon as it became available.

-Bri

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
A release will hopefully be released in the next few days just need to get it checked by acekard korea too make sure it works like it should (the ak2 has a language lock in on it). Me and Smiths have decided to rename it Acekard AK AIO (All In One) and this first release will have a few issues which will noted in the readme file, these issues will be fixed for the second release ....hopefully.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Slowmotion? You mean like the AK2 gets M3DS Real functionality for just $23 on DX? I just might not lose all of my respect for the AK2. Any word on improving the reading speed? I'm using a class 6 memory and castlevania DoS intro still lags, PoR still freezes at warp points.

EDIT: nevermind I'll just pop up over to their forums and ask it there~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol