Merged AKBBS 2.0 menu for AK2!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Bri, Jun 6, 2008.

Jun 6, 2008

Merged AKBBS 2.0 menu for AK2! by Bri at 3:13 PM (2,189 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Bri
    OP

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    AKBBS is a menu collaboration by bliss, Normmatt, Smiths, Moogle, gelu, and kzat3

Previously, it only ran on the Acekard RPG. But thanks to the hard work of its developers, version 2.0 will run on the AK2 as well!

According to Normmatt, he has been working on the slow motion code so it has been removed from this version, but will be back in for 2.1.

AKBBS 2.0 for the Acekard RPG and Acekard 2 may be out as early as this weekend.

See this thread for more info: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=88147

-Bri

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    They stated this quite a while before it was posted in that thread.

3. Bri
    OP

United States
    They stated that it would be released this weekend before it was posted in that thread?

The possibility that AKBBS might be modified to run on the AK2 was mentioned in this thread as early as May 7th, but I didn't see any other thread in "User Submitted News" announcing its possible release this weekend.

-Bri

4. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    I've been busy this weekend so I haven't had time to look into the slow motion problems yet. I could do a release without slow motion but i'd prefer to make a release with it added in so that i can get some feedback about it. Assuming we get time in the next few days either me or Smiths will release it, either with or without slow motion.

5. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    What problems? Seemed to work fine.

6. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    bit of a wasteful topic. when something is said in one topic, unless it is incredibly significant, it usually doesn't warrant a new topic to seperate the talk (of which in this case there is little. devs have said enough and users can only say so much useless discussion).

IMO of of course [​IMG]

and i think everyone should let the devs take their time, don't pressure them too much.
    they are creating these firmwares which benefit us for free [​IMG]

on that note, good luck everyone.

7. Bri
    OP

United States
    I don't think anyone is pressuring anyone.

The intent was to put a short announcement that it was going to be available soon in the "User Submitted News" area. I didn't realize it would create such a stir (well, that's if two people posting useless comments to complain that the topic is useless can be considered a "stir").

The admins can feel free to delete this thread if they feel there's a problem.

ETA: Normmatt, I would vote to go ahead and release it without the slow-motion if it would be out quicker that way. Personally, I'd rather start using it, and would then download the slow-motion version as soon as it became available.

-Bri

8. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    STIR.

9. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    A release will hopefully be released in the next few days just need to get it checked by acekard korea too make sure it works like it should (the ak2 has a language lock in on it). Me and Smiths have decided to rename it Acekard AK AIO (All In One) and this first release will have a few issues which will noted in the readme file, these issues will be fixed for the second release ....hopefully.

10. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    oh, this firmware has gone through alot of name changes. i find it quite amusing [​IMG]

11. Bri
    OP

United States
    I think the new name will stick. It's a winner! Thanks Normmatt. I can't wait to try it out!

-Bri

12. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    I'm so glad I got a Acekard 2 instead of a CycloDS ^^

13. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Slowmotion? You mean like the AK2 gets M3DS Real functionality for just $23 on DX? I just might not lose all of my respect for the AK2. Any word on improving the reading speed? I'm using a class 6 memory and castlevania DoS intro still lags, PoR still freezes at warp points.

EDIT: nevermind I'll just pop up over to their forums and ask it there~