Mega Man EXE: Operate Shooting Star Japan date

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Aug 27, 2009.

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The upcoming DS remake of Megaman Battle Network 1 from the GBA days now has a Japanese release date- November 12, 2009. Some screens can be seen below, although the battle system is not revealed yet. You can play as Starforce Megaman and time travel may be involved-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.gpara.com/article/cms_show.php?...68&c_num=14

2. BAHIM Z 360

Member BAHIM Z 360 B-but I'm not a new member :(

Bahrain
    What the fuck [​IMG] !? They didnt even bothered changing the same damned graphics since the GBA version [​IMG] ?

3. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    I'm usually hyped for any new Mega Man game. But I'm feeling very mellow about this since it appears Capcom isn't really caring about the remake.

4. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    lolz they REALLY should change the graphics,though all i want to see is how the storyline is...

5. megawalk

Member megawalk The Legendary SRW Addict

Netherlands
    at a first glance i already like it [​IMG]
    hopefully us release will be more quicker then the starforce games

6. airpirate545

Member airpirate545 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    What happened to Omega Xis?

7. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Battle Network 4 may've been the black sheep, but Battle Network 1 is actually...pretty out of place compared to all the games that followed it.
    A good game for sure, but the internet was pretty lame, the folder building was a mess, and there's lots of little things that didn't carry over.

Why remake the game, and seemingly not change these oddities...?

8. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    He's still around. Megaman's look changed slightly in Starforce 3, so Omega Xis' head looks more like a gun now that some dog head.

As for the game, I have fond memories of the first Battle Network since it was the first in the series. I still like it to this day. I played it again the other day. Still fun even after playing all the sequels. I hated the 4th game and consider it the worst in the series. And you have to understand two important details about the game:

1- You play as Geo. Isn't that proof in itself that the story is going to change COMPLETELY? Clearly there's time travel involved, especially with Clockman. The only screens we've seen so far weren't even in the original game. So this is sort of an overhaul in that respect, if not so much graphically.

2- We have not seen the battles yet. I feel that they are purposefully choosing to not show them. They've generally been the key showoff in ALL of the Battle Network and Starforce games. Not the overworld. They may be planning something in this respect. We'll see soon enough.

9. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    The screenshots in the first post of this topic is more of the GBA-like. It's still 2D except the battle system, which is not seen yet.

10. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    That's messed up for both the US and Japanese fanbase, the fact that no significant relevant info has been circulating anywhere. If there are no shots of the Starforce World in GBA graphics or a Station Video on Youtube or Nicovideo, I may skip this, however I'll import it a week or so after release if I find out there is past to future time travel. Capcom release what we want to know immediately.

11. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    maybe they are gonna make it like pokemon... a little better (graphically)