Mega Man EXE: Operate Shooting Star Japan date

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The upcoming DS remake of Megaman Battle Network 1 from the GBA days now has a Japanese release date- November 12, 2009. Some screens can be seen below, although the battle system is not revealed yet. You can play as Starforce Megaman and time travel may be involved-

c_l1251379275_6.jpg

c_l1251379275_10.jpg

c_l1251379275_5.jpg

http://www.gpara.com/article/cms_show.php?...68&c_num=14

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Battle Network 4 may've been the black sheep, but Battle Network 1 is actually...pretty out of place compared to all the games that followed it.
A good game for sure, but the internet was pretty lame, the folder building was a mess, and there's lots of little things that didn't carry over.

Why remake the game, and seemingly not change these oddities...?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airpirate545 said:
What happened to Omega Xis?
He's still around. Megaman's look changed slightly in Starforce 3, so Omega Xis' head looks more like a gun now that some dog head.

As for the game, I have fond memories of the first Battle Network since it was the first in the series. I still like it to this day. I played it again the other day. Still fun even after playing all the sequels. I hated the 4th game and consider it the worst in the series. And you have to understand two important details about the game:

1- You play as Geo. Isn't that proof in itself that the story is going to change COMPLETELY? Clearly there's time travel involved, especially with Clockman. The only screens we've seen so far weren't even in the original game. So this is sort of an overhaul in that respect, if not so much graphically.

2- We have not seen the battles yet. I feel that they are purposefully choosing to not show them. They've generally been the key showoff in ALL of the Battle Network and Starforce games. Not the overworld. They may be planning something in this respect. We'll see soon enough.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
2- We have not seen the battles yet. I feel that they are purposefully choosing to not show them. They've generally been the key showoff in ALL of the Battle Network and Starforce games. Not the overworld. They may be planning something in this respect. We'll see soon enough.

That's messed up for both the US and Japanese fanbase, the fact that no significant relevant info has been circulating anywhere. If there are no shots of the Starforce World in GBA graphics or a Station Video on Youtube or Nicovideo, I may skip this, however I'll import it a week or so after release if I find out there is past to future time travel. Capcom release what we want to know immediately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4GojQTu7iI