Nintendo Partner Showcase roundup - Portal collection available today, Live a Live demo

Nintendo aired a new Nintendo Direct Mini Partner Showcase today, and it turned out to be jam-packed with announcements. A full list of all the announcements is below:

The presentation begins with a trailer for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, a massive expansion to the original Rise. It will launch on July 30, and a demo is available today. Several free title updates are also detailed. The4 first will come in August and will add a new locale and several new monsters, like Seething Bazelgeuse and Lucent Nargacuga. Two more free updates will add more monsters in fall and winter of this year, and more is expected in 2023.

NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition will launch on October 6. It will feature all previously-released DLC for NieR: Automata and new Switch-exclusive costumes.

Moody, horror puzzle adventurer Lorelei and the Laser Eyes will launch first on console for Nintendo Switch in 2023.

Super Bomberman R2 will launch on Switch next year and will feature new game modes.

The Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection will feature ten games originally released on the GBA. It will release in two volumes on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Steam in 2023. The two volumes will only be available separately as digital purchases, possibly meaning they will release on the same day. The first volume will feature Mega Man Battle Network, Mega Man Battle Network 2, Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue, and Mega Man Battle Network 3 White. The second volume will feature Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon, Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team ProtoMan, Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Colonel, Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar, and Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar.

Pac-Man World, the first 3D platformer starring Pac-Man from the PS1, is getting a remake. Pac-Man World Re-Pac will launch on August 26.

Blanc is a black-and-white adventure game starring a fawn and a wolf cub who must traverse the wilderness together to get home. It will have local and online co-op and will launch as a console exclusive on Switch in 2023.

Return to Monkey Island, a sequel to the classic PC adventure series from the '90s, will be a timed console exclusive on Switch, but still just has a 2022 release date. A new trailer debuted showing some gameplay.

A new trailer debuted for Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, which will launch on October 20.

Next we get a quick highlight reel of some other games. Little Noah: Scion of Paradise is a side-scrolling action-adventure that launches today. Railgrade is a train management simulator coming fall, and RPG Time: The Legend of Wright is a puzzle game coming August 18 about a young aspiring game designer who draws in his notebook.

A new trailer debuts for the open-world Sonic Frontiers. It introduces a new feature called Cyberspace that allows Sonic to enter smaller areas that appear to resemble more traditional 3D Sonic levels. Available this holiday season.

Disney Dreamlight Valley is a free-to-play village life sim with Disney and Pixar characters living alongside each other. Launches via early access on September 6.

The upcoming remake of Live a Live, a SNES-era Square RPG that was previously only released in Japan, will be launching on July 22. A demo is also available today. The remake is being done in the 2DHD style of Octopath Traveler and Triangle Strategy.

Doraemon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom is a farm simulation game that launches later this year. Features local co-op.

Minecraft Legends is an RTS that launches in 2023.

Dragon Quest Treasures is a spin-off featuring characters from Dragon Quest 11 and releases December 9.

Portal: Companion Collection, a collection of Portal and Portal 2, launches on Switch today.

Harvestella is a new "fantasy x life" RPG coming from Square Enix. Launches November 4.

Finally, three popular titles from the Persona series will be coming to Switch. Persona 5 Royal launches on October 21, followed by Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden at later dates.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My pre-order is IN!

Screenshot_20220628-101015_Adblock Browser.jpg

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PORTAL!?! ON MY SWITCH!?!?! FUCK YEAH!!

Too bad my joycons are dead lol. Maybe this and P5 will finally convince me to replace them.

Makes me wonder why Valve isn't treating this like an exclusive for the Steam Deck? Portal 1/2 are amazing games that a lot of younger gamers likely have never experienced. They're old, but they still look and play really good (especially 2). Maybe they're hoping to reach new customers on the Switch who might not even know what a Valve is? I wonder if that means we'll get HL1/2, TF2, etc on Switch at some point too.

What I am sure of at least is that whatever amount of money this release makes will be pocket change for Valve. So there are definitely some other motivations involved.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Makes me wonder why Valve isn't treating this like an exclusive for the Steam Deck?
There's no need to force exclusivity, plenty of games will be exclusive to Steam Deck due solely to the fact that Switch is a much weaker system. Additionally, there's no need to buy games twice to play them on the go, which is an enticing enough aspect in itself.

What I am sure of at least is that whatever amount of money this release makes will be pocket change for Valve. So there are definitely some other motivations involved.
Having already optimized their games for Deck, it's a simple matter to scale them down a bit more for Switch. Easy money is pretty strong motivation.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
PORTAL!?! ON MY SWITCH!?!?! FUCK YEAH!!

Too bad my joycons are dead lol. Maybe this and P5 will finally convince me to replace them.

Makes me wonder why Valve isn't treating this like an exclusive for the Steam Deck? Portal 1/2 are amazing games that a lot of younger gamers likely have never experienced. They're old, but they still look and play really good (especially 2). Maybe they're hoping to reach new customers on the Switch who might not even know what a Valve is? I wonder if that means we'll get HL1/2, TF2, etc on Switch at some point too.

Nintendo don't give a fuck for about deck, they are simply not competitors, and Valve knows that. Valve will not lose a single PC or steam account by releasing games on switch.

About your joycons, if is the drift you mean, it is really easy do permanently fix them. If you replace the sticks it is also a permanent solution as newer models don't drift.

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About your joycons, if is the drift you mean, it is really easy do permanently fix them. If you replace the sticks it is also a permanent solution as newer models don't drift.
Lol I wish.

The right one's case is cracked and doesn't properly close, so the trigger is wonky and the shoulder completely broken. The left one is falling apart, but mostly works. I needed to remap the share button to the shoulder button though, otherwise it was impossible to play MH Rise. I tried to 3D print a replacement cover I found on thingiverse, but it didn't come out right. Not a big deal though because the tiny screws are stripped so I need to find suitable replacements first anyways. Also, the analog sticks are actually loose inside the shell, so they wiggle around when you move them.

All this because I wanted my joycons to look like my old GBC, so I replaced the shells with some transparent purple ones I found on Amazon a few years ago. (They looked awesome while it lasted though)

TL;DR: shit's fucked.

D

Deleted member 575334

Nintendo aired a new Nintendo Direct Mini Partner Showcase today, and it turned out to be jam-packed with announcements. A full list of all the announcements is below:

The presentation begins with a trailer for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, a massive expansion to the original Rise. It will launch on July 30, and a demo is available today. Several free title updates are also detailed. The4 first will come in August and will add a new locale and several new monsters, like Seething Bazelgeuse and Lucent Nargacuga. Two more free updates will add more monsters in fall and winter of this year, and more is expected in 2023.

NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition will launch on October 6. It will feature all previously-released DLC for NieR: Automata and new Switch-exclusive costumes.

Moody, horror puzzle adventurer Lorelei and the Laser Eyes will launch first on console for Nintendo Switch in 2023.

Super Bomberman R2 will launch on Switch next year and will feature new game modes.

The Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection will feature ten games originally released on the GBA. It will release in two volumes on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Steam in 2023. The two volumes will only be available separately as digital purchases, possibly meaning they will release on the same day. The first volume will feature Mega Man Battle Network, Mega Man Battle Network 2, Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue, and Mega Man Battle Network 3 White. The second volume will feature Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon, Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team ProtoMan, Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Colonel, Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar, and Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar.

Pac-Man World, the first 3D platformer starring Pac-Man from the PS1, is getting a remake. Pac-Man World Re-Pac will launch on August 26.

Blanc is a black-and-white adventure game starring a fawn and a wolf cub who must traverse the wilderness together to get home. It will have local and online co-op and will launch as a console exclusive on Switch in 2023.

Return to Monkey Island, a sequel to the classic PC adventure series from the '90s, will be a timed console exclusive on Switch, but still just has a 2022 release date. A new trailer debuted showing some gameplay.

A new trailer debuted for Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, which will launch on October 20.

Next we get a quick highlight reel of some other games. Little Noah: Scion of Paradise is a side-scrolling action-adventure that launches today. Railgrade is a train management simulator coming fall, and RPG Time: The Legend of Wright is a puzzle game coming August 18 about a young aspiring game designer who draws in his notebook.

A new trailer debuts for the open-world Sonic Frontiers. It introduces a new feature called Cyberspace that allows Sonic to enter smaller areas that appear to resemble more traditional 3D Sonic levels. Available this holiday season.

Disney Dreamlight Valley is a free-to-play village life sim with Disney and Pixar characters living alongside each other. Launches via early access on September 6.

The upcoming remake of Live a Live, a SNES-era Square RPG that was previously only released in Japan, will be launching on July 22. A demo is also available today. The remake is being done in the 2DHD style of Octopath Traveler and Triangle Strategy.

Doraemon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom is a farm simulation game that launches later this year. Features local co-op.

Minecraft Legends is an RTS that launches in 2023.

Dragon Quest Treasures is a spin-off featuring characters from Dragon Quest 11 and releases December 9.

Portal: Companion Collection, a collection of Portal and Portal 2, launches on Switch today.

Harvestella is a new "fantasy x life" RPG coming from Square Enix. Launches November 4.

Finally, three popular titles from the Persona series will be coming to Switch. Persona 5 Royal launches on October 21, followed by Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden at later dates.

I know some reporter girl who never sleeps is going to be very happy with Persona coming to the Switch.

PAC-MAN WORLD REMAKE?!?!?
Damn. Buying that Day 1 for sure. That is the game that introduced me to PAC-MAN in general. I loved that one as a Kid. That "Butt" Bounce made me laugh so hard.

Blanc? Looks like a relaxing game to me. I can imagine me playing it with Hot-Choco in the winter on a snowy day. Ahh those vibes.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol I wish.

The right one's case is cracked and doesn't properly close, so the trigger is wonky and the shoulder completely broken. The left one is falling apart, but mostly works. I needed to remap the share button to the shoulder button though, otherwise it was impossible to play MH Rise. I tried to 3D print a replacement cover I found on thingiverse, but it didn't come out right. Not a big deal though because the tiny screws are stripped so I need to find suitable replacements first anyways. Also, the analog sticks are actually loose inside the shell, so they wiggle around when you move them.

All this because I wanted my joycons to look like my old GBC, so I replaced the shells with some transparent purple ones I found on Amazon a few years ago. (They looked awesome while it lasted though)

TL;DR: shit's fucked.
I think there have been overall improvements in the third party shells since a few years ago, but I can personally recommend the Extreme Rate ones, might cost a smidge more than generics but they're well made and have a nice matte texture rather than the old shiny ones. Be careful putting the screws in and they should be sturdy for a long time to come.

D

Deleted member 575334

The newest Sonic Frontiers trailer is an improvement, but still not enough for all the damage it's done.
As long its not like Cyberpunk or 06. Its going to be fine. (06 might be bad. But i still still love it in someway, the soundtrack is awesome. Bummer it isn't BC on Xbox.)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long its not like Cyberpunk or 06. Its going to be fine. (06 might be bad. But i still still love it in someway, the soundtrack is awesome. Bummer it isn't BC on Xbox.)
06 isn't even the worst compared to Forces.

Frontiers is aiming to be a grand, amazing game, and yet it could be a disaster.

D

Deleted member 575334

06 isn't even the worst compared to Forces.

Frontiers is aiming to be a grand, amazing game, and yet it could be a disaster.
I see what you mean. Compared to Forces. 06 is better. Maybe not less glitchy. But if you look past that. 06 is average.

(Don't get me started on Sonic 1 Genesis for the GBA.)

Frontiers has some potential. I hope they won't fuck this one up. Forces wasn't that good tbh. I've seen better.

But at least in 2017 we had Mania. So they kinda made up for that.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no advance wars 1+2 boot camp news DAMN IT!

persona games are coming to switch finally. i hope the dancing one's stay on Playstation Systems those games are.... let's just say not my style of play... hell Miku's better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Accidently ok. :tpi: