If you're a fan of Capcom's Mega Man series, you might have heard about the Mega Man Battle Network series. It is a spin off of traditional Mega Man featuring radically different gameplay from the others. The Battle Network series was released for Gameboy Advance and has seen success spawning eight games in total. All but one game that hasn't been localized outside Japan
Thanks to a group at therockmanexezone.com, Mega Man Battle Network 4.5 Real Operation has received a fan translation, fully localized into English. This game is the most unique of the series because of how it was designed to be played. The title "Real Operation" basically means the player is now an operator to the net navis featured in the game. Instead of just playing the game like the others in the series, the player simply supports the navis indirectly. This changes the way the game usually plays, hopefully for a more immersive experience if you managed to try this.
Rockman EXE4.5 is an outlier in the series, lacking the traditional story and battle system that players had come to expect. The game places you in the role of the operator; instead of controlling just MegaMan, you can choose from over 20 different NetNavis to play. In battle, you don’t control your Navi directly, but they move on their own, and you are restricted to sending them commands and BattleChips. The game featured a Real-Time Clock, and its slimmed-down single player campaign revolved around an Internet that changes in real-time, even while the game is shut off.
Contents include in the download contain
- A North American and European patch, each with their own title screen and minor differences.
- A fully localized Instruction Booklet in the same style as the other games!
- A North American boxart for the game.
- An Upgrade Patch for the Japanese version of the game, which backports all our bugfixes.
- A translated interview with the development team from the Rockman EXE4.5 official strategy guide.
- Starter save files for those who just want to play with their favorite NetNavi.
If you wish to try this, visit the website page which can be found in the link below. Remember that you must own a legally dumped rom as one will not be provided in the download with the patch. The included "Readme" file provides all the information on how to get started and FAQ about the game.
Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,