Mega Man Battle Network 4.5 Real Operation Full English Fan Translation is Now Available!

MMBN45_Logo_US_Web.png

If you're a fan of Capcom's Mega Man series, you might have heard about the Mega Man Battle Network series. It is a spin off of traditional Mega Man featuring radically different gameplay from the others. The Battle Network series was released for Gameboy Advance and has seen success spawning eight games in total. All but one game that hasn't been localized outside Japan

Thanks to a group at therockmanexezone.com, Mega Man Battle Network 4.5 Real Operation has received a fan translation, fully localized into English. This game is the most unique of the series because of how it was designed to be played. The title "Real Operation" basically means the player is now an operator to the net navis featured in the game. Instead of just playing the game like the others in the series, the player simply supports the navis indirectly. This changes the way the game usually plays, hopefully for a more immersive experience if you managed to try this.

Rockman EXE4.5 is an outlier in the series, lacking the traditional story and battle system that players had come to expect. The game places you in the role of the operator; instead of controlling just MegaMan, you can choose from over 20 different NetNavis to play. In battle, you don’t control your Navi directly, but they move on their own, and you are restricted to sending them commands and BattleChips. The game featured a Real-Time Clock, and its slimmed-down single player campaign revolved around an Internet that changes in real-time, even while the game is shut off.

Contents include in the download contain
  • A North American and European patch, each with their own title screen and minor differences.
  • A fully localized Instruction Booklet in the same style as the other games!
  • A North American boxart for the game.
  • An Upgrade Patch for the Japanese version of the game, which backports all our bugfixes.
  • A translated interview with the development team from the Rockman EXE4.5 official strategy guide.
  • Starter save files for those who just want to play with their favorite NetNavi.

If you wish to try this, visit the website page which can be found in the link below. Remember that you must own a legally dumped rom as one will not be provided in the download with the patch. The included "Readme" file provides all the information on how to get started and FAQ about the game.

:arrow:SOURCE

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BPS patches? Curious choice there.

Anyway been waiting some years to see this one. Might have to give it a spin but I sort of burned out on battle network, hopefully the differences are enough.

Reactions: x65943

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sounds like this patch makes some great changes, I'm keen to play it through. I'm slightly reluctant to play battle network games right now because I'm hoping to replay them all if and when a legacy collection is released.

Fair chance this one would not be fully included in a legacy collection anyway? They would have to fully translate it. Now I'm just looking for an excuse not to play it, I've wanted this for so long!

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This also works on Gericom's GBARunner2! I started a new game with the USA patch and it was smooth sailing from there. There were no sound issues and it ran at a consistent frame rate. I'm using an OG R4 and it's an excellent translation. This game is the real deal and I can't wait to unlock all the Navis to use in this game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sounds like this patch makes some great changes, I'm keen to play it through. I'm slightly reluctant to play battle network games right now because I'm hoping to replay them all if and when a legacy collection is released.

Fair chance this one would not be fully included in a legacy collection anyway? They would have to fully translate it. Now I'm just looking for an excuse not to play it, I've wanted this for so long!

The guys behind this said that they may let Capcom use their work if that need arises in their license agreement. It can happen officially now if Capcom wants to. Some companies have done this in the past to save money and resources so why not here?

Last edited by Ziko,

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, maybe not, "First time US release"w be a selling point though.

Last edited by Ericthegreat,
Reactions: KingBlank

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, maybe not, "First time US release"w be a selling point though.

Happened for the 3 entry of the Mana series when that collection released recently. I have a theory that the Earthbound trilogy might recieve a collection release at some point that too would offer the western translation of the third title as well for the first time.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happened for the 3 entry of the Mana series when that collection released recently. I have a theory that the Earthbound trilogy might recieve a collection release at some point that too would offer the western translation of the third title as well for the first time.
Didn't earthbound get a English virtual console release?

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't earthbound get a English virtual console release?
Earthbound (or Mother 2) was the only of the three Mother games that was originally localized. Eventually it was discovered the previous game (Mother) actually had a pretty much finished translation by NOA under the title “Earth Bound” but it didn’t get released since it was so late in the NES’ lifespan. It wasn’t until 2014(?) that this NES game got its translation released on the Wii U eShop as “EarthBound Beginnings”. So far Mother 3 is the only one that hasn’t been officially localized by Nintendo in some capacity.

Literally the only Battle Network game I haven’t played besides Battle Chip Challenge and that one that was on the WonderSwan. I remember playing a slightly translated version of it back in the day but I also remember it being buggy as all hell, so I’ll be interested to see how this game was meant to be played. Also, for those interested, you’re even able to unlock Bass/Forte as a selectable Navi.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Considering the completely different gameplay is unlikely this game will ever get an official English release.

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is cool! I always appreciate getting the opportunity to play something that I couldn't in the past due to it never making it to the west. Thank you to all of those involved with this project!

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the completely different gameplay is unlikely this game will ever get an official English release.
Well sure but, more like the game was made to be used with the chip gate peripheral that never got released outside Japan either. I'm sure the game can play fine without it, but it was really meant for the experience of being an actual operator rather than playing a character in a game with traditional gameplay.

upload_2019-10-27_1-26-38.png

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing! Great to finally finished it. Time to load it into my 3DS, coincidentally I just finished Metroid Fusion, was looking for a new game
I've played the older versions, but man this sounds much better now that it's done.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well sure but, more like the game was made to be used with the chip gate peripheral that never got released outside Japan either. I'm sure the game can play fine without it, but it was really meant for the experience of being an actual operator rather than playing a character in a game with traditional gameplay.

So it was even more of a cash grab than usual?

Axmand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I hope they decide to release a "trans" for MMBN6 for the japanese version, i mean, it contains extra content that dont exist in the english version...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu