Hacking Hardware McFly - an RP2040 board compatible with Picofly

Kinokoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I think the HWFLY lite and oled flex cables have the same spacing etc since its the same chip and yep thats the cable
Sounds like a plan, the first of the two beta testers showed a picture that presumably has the oled cable installed. ill go with that

Hwfly-Core-Lite-Oled-v4-V5-V6-Chip-Accessories-CPU-Flex-Cables-No-Include-The-Chip.png_640x640.png

here is the cable

Reactions: GarnetSunset

d.b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for trying it! Labelling from the top side will increase the size of the board which i'm really not keen on, hopefully once the board is released the documentation can be a good substitute. What do you mean by solder pads next to the flex cable connector on the right side? do you want the solder pads and flex to swap positions?
Untitled.jpg

At least for the oled after a test fit i done (didn't soldered yet i will post pictures next days after the installation) i would like the pads to the orange circles and the flex connector lower (number 2 labeled) so that the chip sits near the edge of ram cover and the cables be as short as possible...
i believe that this design will fit nice in the v1 , v2 with a flex cpu of an oled...
also the labeling could be a single letter (still dont now if can fit)
dont now if all of this is possible from design perspective..
for the lite the best place to fit i believe is on top of mmc so the design must be according to that...
Beside that you have made an excellent design as is and working flawlessly...
Congrats @Saliciae and thank you for your hard work!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Kinokoda

qcpsviqzyool

Trophies
XP
Country
Liberia
@notzecoxao on twitter posted a sendfiles link a week ago with a picture of marty. I downloaded it and it looks like some version of this

jakl_53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. This is exciting. I thought the switch modding scene was almost fizzled out. But then again I haven't been paying attention either. I plan on installing my first modchip here in the near future. I might wait a bit and see how this project pans out. I'm a bit sketched out trying to order the correct bits from Ali.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
damn, the updates dropped off a cliff, i was enjoying the progress - really cool project OP
Upps just saw wring answerXd

If he doesn't release , there is a really simuliar bord only 1 on 2 components ins different places .
Check for a twitter post and follow there are the files to create ur board :-)

Last edited by Dee87,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.