Hacking Max size sd card to use in wii u and suggestions for best?

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Just as an aside, ive seen people debate the 64kb / 32kb cluster thing, does anyone use one or both or has noticed any difference?

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just as an aside, ive seen people debate the 64kb / 32kb cluster thing, does anyone use one or both or has noticed any difference?

64k Clusters improove loadingspeed big time. At least if you own a very good UHS-Card like the SandDisk Extreme / Extreme Pro series.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will find that is a fake and it will overwrite data if you write more than a few dozen MB.

Good 128GB SD's are in the $30 US range now and I've seen 256 GB cards for under $70. That is so far below the normal range it must be a fake or they are losing money on each sale.

Please read the fine print...

"When these brand new micro SD cards have been tested they vary in storage capacity, but are all listed as good and are from 8GB UP TO 256GB. Please note that whilst these cards are brand new and have been shipped to me straight from the factory they are sold as upgraded cards and therefore the capacity and speed may vary for each card, (They may experience read/write errors once max capacity reached.)"

An 'upgraded' card is one where they fake the max capacity of the card. This one is probably a 2GB or smaller card and they make it appear as a 256GB one.

It will look fine when you plug it in but as soon as you've reached the real max capacity (2GB) it will overwrite the previous data.

It's a scam that has been run for ages.

If you buy one you are throwing your money away.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You will find that is a fake and it will overwrite data if you write more than a few dozen MB.

Good 128GB SD's are in the $30 US range now and I've seen 256 GB cards for under $70. That is so far below the normal range it must be a fake or they are losing money on each sale.

Please read the fine print...

"When these brand new micro SD cards have been tested they vary in storage capacity, but are all listed as good and are from 8GB UP TO 256GB. Please note that whilst these cards are brand new and have been shipped to me straight from the factory they are sold as upgraded cards and therefore the capacity and speed may vary for each card, (They may experience read/write errors once max capacity reached.)"

An 'upgraded' card is one where they fake the max capacity of the card. This one is probably a 2GB or smaller card and they make it appear as a 256GB one.

It will look fine when you plug it in but as soon as you've reached the real max capacity (2GB) it will overwrite the previous data.

It's a scam that has been run for ages.

If you buy one you are throwing your money away.
and it prints sdhc on it while a sdhc only goes up to 32gb so that's a warning too... really don't buy if and 4gb card says sd without hc it's wrong, if you'll see and 64gb card without the xc it's a fake, and prices... yeah it sais it's hc, and i think it's a 16gb with modded firm...

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and it prints sdhc on it while a sdhc only goes up to 32gb so that's a warning too... really don't buy if and 4gb card says sd without hc it's wrong, if you'll see and 64gb card without the xc it's a fake, and prices... yeah it sais it's hc, and i think it's a 16gb with modded firm...
I've tried those el cheapo cards and gotten burned before. Now if I don't buy from Newegg I run it through a scan to make sure it's real.

And I doubt they would even fake it with a 16GB card, those aren't cheap... it's probably a 2 or 4GB ones.

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've recently bought a 128gb /48mb sandisk micro SD card from eBay ($34) but had the bad experience of it being a counterfeited one (real 16gb)... moral of the story: never ever buy SD cards on eBay.

A couple of weeks later I traveled abroad and bought a 200gb sandisk /90mb class 10 micro SD card from a well known computer retail seller in Zurich, Switzerland but prior to this I had already dumped all my 15 Wii U games using DDD and downloaded pretty much all the Wii U available games as well as all the eshop stuff into a 2tb usb external drive (fits in 1tb). And my point is, since you asked for the best option... I never opened the new 200gb SD card and actually sold it last week since by following closely all the recent posts specially by devs... it seems SD cards won't be used anymore as soon as the IOSU exploit becomes available for us the public. Which (being optimistic) "feels" like it could happen any minute now:). If I were you, I would rather wait before buying a SD card and rather get ahold of a nice 1 or 2tb usb drive in case you want to have all your Wii, Gamecube and now Wii U stuff on it like I do. Do take my recommendation with a grain of salt.

Warm regards
Pepois

Last edited by Pepois,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-