Mass Effect Legendary Edition: is a remastered trilogy really coming?

2020-10-14-image-32-j.jpg

Several weeks ago, we were telling you about a possible leak on a retailer site announcing the release of a new title "Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered", sold for 60€ on PS4, Xbox One, and 50€ on the Nintendo Switch.

599EB785-BD06-4292-8E46-11CD8087F6C3.jpeg
At the time the rumor was quickly dismissed and never heard of again... until recently. Gematsu, a well known japanese video game news site, announces that the title received a rating in South Korea recently, not only confirming the rumor but also promising a release in the near future.
TechSpot said:
As reported by Gematsu today, something called the "Mass Effect Legendary Edition" has been officially rated in Korea.[...]The application for the rating appears to have been sent in on August 1. The rating process didn't complete until a little over two weeks later on August 17. Google Translate says the game received a rating of "Youth not available" (청소년이용불가), which we assume is the equivalent of the ESRB's Mature (17+) classification.
Are you excited about this? What would you expect of a remastered Mass Effect trilogy release?

:arrow: Source at TechSpot

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are you excited about this? What would you expect of a remastered Mass Effect trilogy release?
*Raises hand*
Sir, yes, I am pleased. Very much liked the first, got the second to play, but never got myself interested in the third because of the commotion the story caused on people. That was mostly the reason I didn't play the second, I believe.

And.... I expect the three games bundled together.
Was that a trick question? :D

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i love mass effect (include 3) and played the trilogy from start to finish more than 10 times, since release. so yes, im look foward for this. if they fix all the bugs (mostly related to the save import from game to game) i'm in!

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
*Raises hand*
Sir, yes, I am pleased. Very much liked the first, got the second to play, but never got myself interested in the third because of the commotion the story caused on people. That was mostly the reason I didn't play the second, I believe.

And.... I expect the three games bundled together.
Was that a trick question? :D
not a trick question
I would like actually remastered versions with better graphics, bugfixes, new content... but I guess with EA it’s too much to ask, we’ll probably be getting bad ports

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I'm actually half-way through replaying the trilogy myself. The games have aged well (except maybe the first one's awkward combat). I would love a remastered version with better graphics! Especially if it lets you import your characters from the old versions.

Although, the word "remastered" doesn't have much weight nowadays. My hopes that they've actually made it worth paying extra for an upgrade are not very high.

rafaelia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope they do an overhaul of ME1, it's a great game but I remember it being buggy and clunky as hell, especially the cover system.

Last edited by rafaelia,
Reactions: Costello

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Wouldn't mind adding it to the collection but I won't make it a priority purchase as I played them all to death last gen.

Also for those looking forward to having all the DLC included, please note that's actually not possible. Some of the DLC for the original was essentially destroyed, they lost the files or something. It was only an arena horde mode if I recall correctly but PS3 never got it and I doubt it'll be in the remaster. Everything of consequence should be included though.

Also, Liara is best girl. Fuck you. Fight me.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2 is the standout game here, easily one of the best games last gen, and actually I think the series works best if you start on that game! Would re-buy on Switch just for that game! 1 is classic, bit clunky though, yeah probably needs a bit of a cleanup, but still great. 3?! Well I'd say don't get me started ...but I think they actually released that absolute clusterfukk of a title (Andromeda) just so people could turn round and go 'yknow what, 3 wasn't actually all that bad thinking about it!' :lol:

So yeah, if true, I'm buying!

scroeffie1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i never played the trilogy i just started the first one on the 360 its oke only thing i dont like the caracters are stiff movement wise etc

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If we are talking a Final Fantasy 7 or Resident Evil 2 style reimagine then I might be interested.

If we are talking a full* DLC + maybe fix some bugs + tarted up graphics + maybe a few extra side quests I did not care to finish the series as it stood. Could see it being the best way to play it though.

*one wonders how full this will be. Pinnacle Station being the obvious one to look for but whatever else was not present on the Wii U might be another.

I liked the first one well enough for what it was but it failed to excite me like Star Wars KOTOR or anything else I had played from Bioware (even Jade Empire), the sequels even less. One of the aspects that really got me from the first was a bug wherein my weapons would usually break once or so a mission if I fired them too much and thus I would have to do it despite being down a sniper rifle or something useful.

Reactions: DS1

gersonzero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completed ME1 when it released, 2 as well, but didnt complete the third entry because my xbox 360 died and i lost all my saves. After all the negative feedback on it's ending made me not even bother. I guess ill give it a try playing them back to back if this is real

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we are talking a Final Fantasy 7 or Resident Evil 2 style reimagine then I might be interested.

If we are talking a full* DLC + maybe fix some bugs + tarted up graphics + maybe a few extra side quests I did not care to finish the series as it stood. Could see it being the best way to play it though.

*one wonders how full this will be. Pinnacle Station being the obvious one to look for but whatever else was not present on the Wii U might be another.

I liked the first one well enough for what it was but it failed to excite me like Star Wars KOTOR or anything else I had played from Bioware (even Jade Empire), the sequels even less. One of the aspects that really got me from the first was a bug wherein my weapons would usually break once or so a mission if I fired them too much and thus I would have to do it despite being down a sniper rifle or something useful.

Same here, I got the trilogy a while back, and 2 was so awful that I not only sold the whole thing immediately, but I gave up games for months and re-evaluated my life hahaha. Games in general are still OK, but I’d never played anything so lifeless and disengaging than Mass Effect 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: