Gaming Mario Kart Wii - Things changed for the better??

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
i think the AI is on a grudge against us lol

Seriously
frown.gif

And, I usually only get bananas ... only ever had Bullet Bill once, and blue shell once.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Isn't this how it always was? When your in front you only get banana's and some green shells and when your one of the last you get many bullets, gold mushrooms, red shells and blue flying shells. I tested it just an hour ago and I'm right.

Try getting 12th and you'll get many bullets. I think it's kinda fair because someone who is in front shouldn't have to get a bullet.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I agree, cpu players seems to shoot something all the time. First lightning then random oil, green shell, redshell and finally blue shell. then you'll drop like 7 places and after few seconds you'll be first one again.
snes and n64 mario karts are still the best ones imo.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
On the Game Cube and DS versions the racers on the last positions had a bigger probability of getting the more powerful items.. if you were on the last position, you would almost always get a bullet bill, thunder or blue shell.. same way, if you were first, you would always get just a banana or green shell
tongue.gif

Seems to me that they did the same thing here.. but forgot that they were using more racers.. so there are more racers with high probability of getting good items..

MCorbet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I Have played the game yesterday for about an hour and i'm realy pissed on nintendo. And that is all about the multiplayer mode. I Just loved to play VS mode or balloonbattle with friends without any AI players. Now when I want to play Balloon Battel I'm forced to play in team and the fun is a lot I mean a LOT less fun as normal. Also when I want to play VS mode I want to play VS mode So only 2 or 3 Human players on the track. No there are also 9 or 10 AI players. It just look liks Grand Prix mode. So the whole VS mode is officioly Dead in the game. As soon as the game can be bought I will buy it Because I love the one player mode. But I will write a verry bad letter to nintendo about the change.

feaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
MCorbet said:
Also when I want to play VS mode I want to play VS mode So only 2 or 3 Human players on the track. No there are also 9 or 10 AI players. It just look liks Grand Prix mode. So the whole VS mode is officioly Dead in the game. As soon as the game can be bought I will buy it Because I love the one player mode. But I will write a verry bad letter to nintendo about the change.

You CAN disable AI in VS mode and battle as well, there's a button on top of the screen when you got to choose "solo or team" mode. You can also disable overpowered items if you want to. Don't know if you can do that kind of stuff for the online play with friends since i didn't have time to test this out.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
AI can indeed be turned off. But the trick is to know how
tongue.gif

When you are at the screen which lets you choose between Balloon Battle or the Coin game, there also is a tiny option menu. Press it and set the CPU to off

MCorbet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I played it yesterday without the AI and it was alot of fun. Has someone also fout out how to play Balloon ballte without teams ? Me My girlfriend and sone love to play balloon battle. But now it is 2 against one (Ps I sill win alone) But I'm wondering if there is an option to play without the Team option.

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't seem to be too bothered with the AI and their power ups (although, so far I've only played 2 player VS mode, I'm going to start Grand Prix today), but it's nice to know that you can turn them off. I couldn't find any customization settings really anywhere, except that edit license settings or whatever...
What I found annoying is that there is no coop Grand Prix mode. Me and my friends had a lot of fun going through and unlocking every character/kart/race together, but now you have to do it all through single player? Am I right, or am I just missing an option on the game... If it's there, I can't find 2 player Grand Prix mode. Does anyone know if you can do it?
Also, I read there was a mode in the game that's similar to Mission Mode on the DS (I think it's called Mission Mode, haven't really played the DS one that much), what is this mode called in Mario Kart Wii? Is it the Competition Mode or whatever?
I found that the Wii Remote actually did work well as a controller (a lot better than Excite Truck, but Wave Bird is still the best), did anyone else like it? Has anyone played it with the Wii Wheel too, I think it'd probably be even better with that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol