ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bobobombastisch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I haven't encountered the problem, yes most of the CPU gets stuck there, but in 150cc it's for the player possible without any problems or mushrooms.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry for the late reply, but for some reason, gbatemp didn't sent me any notifications :/
I Like it. Cool thing! But in fact it did overwrite my existing Mario Kart 7 .... how come ..? Reinstalling Mario cia did then overwrite CTGP7 ... both ways cia ...

i have the same problem, i started from the legit cia file. Later i decripted it using the decriptor included in homebrew launcher (the one included in the starter kit). I decrypted it usig the deep option in the menu. Later i executed the ctgp7 cia builder and i installed the resulting cia in the output folder. The result, both cias have the same tittle id acording to FBI 2.0.

What are we doing wrong? thanks

That's strange. Could you check the file log/errorlog.txt? Maybe you don't have python installed.

Using a USA version of Mario Kart 7 I used Braindump to get the cxi, but when I patched it (it went on with no errors) and moving everything to my sd card I pressed the CTGP-7 icon in the Homebrew Launcher and after the normal HANS stuff it gave me a black screen. I'm not sure what's going on here, can i have some help?
New 3DS XL, 11.0, using smea's new ninjhax as my entrypoint.

Probably is a problem with ninjhax, installing menuhax may help :S

Is there a way to disable the custom fonts icons images etc and just keep the characters models and the tracks?
Also how do I get 200cc and such?
Im using NTR CFW Method

k - But how do I enable stuff like 200cc and those "Others" and such?

Just delete the files in the folder files/CTGP-7romfs. UI folder have text/menu/font changes.
For 200cc, go to the manager, ingame options, press Y to enable 200cc.

Is there a way of turning this, in a working .3ds file to be use with Gateway?. I've kept using it as my only way to "hack" the 3ds because it seems to be the cleanest and simplest way to do it. CFW, CIA or others may look a little too much complicated for me, but the true is that having this card i have almost all covered, but i wonder if this mod would be able to run without much complication. Thanks.

PD: I know GT allows to launch HC, install CIA and so. But talking about the simple way of loading this as a 3ds file, can it be done. If not which would be the method using GT, the not that simple way? :wacko:

Just use cia method and a cia -> 3ds converter.

There are a few courses like Bowser's Castle 1 that crash on me almost every time. I'm using a premade cia I "aquired." Is this a known bug or do I have a bad cia?
That's because you are using an outdated cia (maybe 0.7 or 0.8).

I really like this hack. The remade courses are very good. The only thing that I don't like is, that the first GP is impossible to complete, because one gets stuck at GBA Cheeseland. I made a quick video about that issue. The quality isn't really good, but you should be able to see what I mean.

Oh, and while trying to get this to work, I noticed, that if you drive backwards to far, you will fall through the track.

That's a known bug, we'll try to fix it for 1.0 release

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, ok. I'll wait then :D

I also noticed a randomly appearing beat. Is this normal? It plays while the normal music is playing and sounds super annoying. It always plays faster or slower than the BGM, which makes it very hard to enjoy the soundtrack :/

Last edited by seseiSeki,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oh, ok. I'll wait then :D

I also noticed a randomly appearing beat. Is this normal? It plays while the normal music is playing and sounds super annoying. It always plays faster or slower than the BGM, which makes it very hard to enjoy the soundtrack :/
That can't be removed or edited for now, I've already tried several times, but nothing can be made without a proper bcsar editor.

gameonion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Interesting to see that this project is still going, I made the CTGP-7 logo ages ago and kinda stopped following this.
Good to know it's alive! Great work (from what I've seen).

Reactions: PabloMK7

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.9.2 has been released:

• Added LED tricks plugin
  • Updated Banshee Broadwalk (fixes lag)
  • Improved the NTR manager
More bugs will be fixed in future releases (0.10)
Sorry to be "that guy," but I really dont want the LCD plugin. The flashing would just annoy me and Id rather the default LED notifications anyway. Is there any easy way to remove this plugin? Or could u release a 2nd version without it?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry to be "that guy," but I really dont want the LCD plugin. The flashing would just annoy me and Id rather the default LED notifications anyway. Is there any easy way to remove this plugin? Or could u release a 2nd version without it?
It is disabled by default, it can be enabled in the manager settings. :P

Reactions: MadMageKefka

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how can I get to the manager settings? Also how do I make it self update? Is it automatic when I launch it or something? Im using the NTR version.
After you open the manager cia, you will see a giant settings button. It checks for updates each time you open it.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you open the manager cia, you will see a giant settings button. It checks for updates each time you open it.
Uhh... I'm not seeing that. When I run the manager it just boots NTR and returns me to the home screen.

EDIT: Figured it out. I have to launch the manager a second time. I have become error.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Your eyes need to rest.