Homebrew Mame sdl unofficially updated

rkChdrkls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
Which version of mame do you have, rk? I know the earlier versions had that issue, but afaik version 0.4 fixed that (0.4 is also the latest version I know of).

it's version 0.4 , is it suppose to autoscroll when you get to the last item?

bolex17

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thetoadking

@TheRealStatic I was going to do a little work on it until my laptop decided to get a crack in the LCD. Hopefully in a couple weeks.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
bolex17 said:
thetoadking

@TheRealStatic I was going to do a little work on it until my laptop decided to get a crack in the LCD. Hopefully in a couple weeks.

Excellent...Thanks for the info.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games work well on 0.4? I tried Donkey Kong, which ought to be easy for the Wii to handle. The framerate was poor and the sound was glitchy.

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
hdhacker said:
What games work well on 0.4? I tried Donkey Kong, which ought to be easy for the Wii to handle. The framerate was poor and the sound was glitchy.

i know this doesnt fix the problem but you can play Donkey Kong in FCE GX

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hdhacker said:
Hard to say. There's a list with all supported roms here...but just because it's supported doesn't mean it runs well.

There was a nice list of good, playable games coming along on tehskeen...but it kinda got lost with the rest of the forum.

All I really care about are the "konami" beat 'm ups (asterix, simpsons, turtles 4 & 5, X-men), and they play out great. And vendetta (no one I know heard of it...but it was the best beat 'm up experience ever).

And of course...TAPPER!!!!
bow.gif

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since TehSkeen is gone and I don't have an actual release for the new site, might as well post an update here.

I%20pulled%20an%20all%20nighter%20for%20this.png

Hardware acceleration! It's going places! Not quite the right place, but it's a start!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
nice to see you back on this project !

but what do you mean by "hardware acceleration" ? isn't wii-sdl already using video & audio hardware acceleration ? you are expecting more ?

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
nice to see you back on this project !

but what do you mean by "hardware acceleration" ? isn't wii-sdl already using video & audio hardware acceleration ? you are expecting more ?
The way SDL works is everything is written pixel by pixel to a single texture in software and that one texture is written to the framebuffer. This new way will avoid having to decode all the textures in software, which should give us a nice speed boost. It should also make games with a lot of texture scaling (like Out Run) faster as well since the GPU will be doing all of that now.

That is, once I get the Wii's funky block layout for textures working my way. And because MAME uses several different texture types, it might take a while.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great to see you back toadking you will like it here. also i have one request can you make these two games work in the next versio ( i know they work in 0.2) wild west cow boys of moo mesa and bucky o hare. casue i want them to work with all konami classics. thank you for your time and hard work.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Toad King said:
Hardware acceleration! It's going places!
So, erm...does that mean we have to tie down our wii's before loading the emulator?
tongue.gif

I'm also glad you're still on the job. 't certainly sounds like a tough job.
smile.gif

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see so many people still waiting for a release. Sorry for the long hiatus.

In other news, more progress!

2rn7afp.png

You can kind of see the letters there, so I'm doing something right!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated