does it have stereo sound yet?
tongue.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i try to run a game gauntlet the game appears in menu but when i try to play it says i'm missing rom or chd files? i have the gauntlet rom and the bin files all in zips in roms folder still nothing.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Bladexdsl said:
i try to run a game gauntlet the game appears in menu but when i try to play it says i'm missing rom or chd files? i have the gauntlet rom and the bin files all in zips in roms folder still nothing.

You need roms compatibles with the latest build, MAME 0.135. There is a torrent around with the complete collection based on 0.135.

New version available on wiibrew add stereo sound, USB support, and roms showing fix.

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:

whenever you see that message..... it's usually because your rom is outdated.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OriginalHamster said:
Bladexdsl said:

You need roms compatibles with the latest build, MAME 0.135. There is a torrent around with the complete collection based on 0.135.

New version available on wiibrew add stereo sound, USB support, and roms showing fix.
it's god damn 20gb though!!
blink.gif

i wish the analog stick was working on the GC controller. also on Simpsons and tmnt how do i add coins for other players I don't want to be marge or leo?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Bladexdsl said:
OriginalHamster said:
Bladexdsl said:

blink.gif

i wish the analog stick was working on the GC controller. also on Simpsons and tmnt how do i add coins for other players I don't want to be marge or leo?
Yep quite big =P, I only marked a few ones. I didn´t want to wait over 12 hours XD.

To play with the other turtles just change the control to another socket, 2, 3 or 4, the same way as the arcades. The same with Simpsons.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wish i knew a place to get the 0135 roms but download separate i only need a few gauntlets, trog and a few others i dont need every damn rom ever made! it also looks quite jaggy to me is this normal? if so can they fix it later like add a filter like in snes9x 2xsal or whatever it's called?

WizardOfOdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OriginalHamster said:
Bladexdsl said:
OriginalHamster said:
Bladexdsl said:

blink.gif

Yep quite big =P, I only marked a few ones. I didn´t want to wait over 12 hours XD.

To play with the other turtles just change the control to another socket, 2, 3 or 4, the same way as the arcades. The same with Simpsons.

I just download the 2 player version of the ROM, allowing you to choose your character, rather than have it assigned depending on which 'slot' you insert the credit in to.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
KiiWii said:
Bladexdsl said:
also on Simpsons and tmnt how do i add coins for other players I don't want to be marge or leo?

That made me lol. I have no idea to the answer, but that sentence tickled me.
smile.gif

I don't get it, am I thick?

In answer to the question, presumably you require additional wiimotes to control the other players, as you can't select which character P1 controls. The arcade game had 4 independent coins slots and controls.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
The new version 0.135. has a different setup/install method to the last releases!

English guide (included in dl from wiibrew) says:

INSTALLATION

To play with this emulator, you need a Wii homebrew enabled console (Twilight hack or Homebrew Channel).
And you will an SDCard.

To install this version of SDLMame:
- Copy the files "boot.elf" and "mamefs-fs to the root directory of your sdcard.
- Copy the directory mame and its contents to the root directory of your sdcard.
- Create a dyrectory called "mameroms" on the root of your SDCard

To play with this game:
- Insert the SDCard on the front SD adapter of your wii.
- On your wii, execute the file "root.elf" using your favourite method for loading
aplications (Twilight hack or homebrew channel).

Shouldn't the boot.elf go in the apps folder? Why have they not included an icon with this release? Thats where i put it anyway!

Has anyone had any probs following this guide? Is it incorrectly written?
It errors saying that it could find no games and refers me to the config.txt. The config.txt doesn't even seem to be included in this release! I created all of the neccessary rom folders on both sd and usb and put a few roms in each. Had no problems with previous releases! Very strange!

Oh and what's the 153mb mamefs-fs file all about. Why so large??

Guess i'll just wait until the hombrew channel browser updates the currentl version added on Nov 3rd to the newer release (24th Nov) then it will auto install.

Thanks
unsure.gif

Beamer31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have installed the latest verison of MAME and the newest roms. When I try and load the rom it takes me back to the Homebrew channel? Do I need to make a folder named 'mameroms' as the instructions state?

The thing is, they show up on mame (displays title, says it's working, etc) but when I go to play it takes me back to the hb channel?

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way of refreshing the rom list or randomising again while in MAME? I downloaded a few Double Dragons til i found one which worked, then deleted the ones i didnt need. Now when i load mame again i can only see 2 roms, neither being Double Dragon. I have about 10 roms on the SD Card so dont get why only 2 show up, before i got all these DD's they all appeared. Going back to HBC and reloading makes no difference.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
0.4 is now out. Well, it's been out for a week! Just thought i mention is, just incase people are still having issues with the last release. Operation wolf works! woohoo!

0.4 - November 24, 2009

* Upgraded MAME to 0.135
* Added WiiMote Sensor support
* Stereo support fixed
* Game list now shows up to 150 ROMs instead of just 15
* Changed USB/SD detection (Tries USB first, then falls back to SD)

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SDL_MAME_Wii#0.4_-...mber_24.2C_2009

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chd is usually a background file, there are a few games in Mame that use chd's
chd's are around 600meg each, thats what is was a few years ago when i built a mame cabnet for the kids

i still have a old set of roms, i must find them and give this a try

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here is a list of games that need CHD files

Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Area 51
Beat The Champ
All the "Beatmania" games
BioFreaks
California Speed
CarnEvil
Cart Fury
Crypt Killer
Dead Eye
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Gauntlet Legends
Hyper Athlete
Hyper Drive
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
JoJo's Venture
Judge Dredd
Mace: The Dark Age
Maximum Force
Nagano Winter Olympics
NBA Showtime/NFL Blitz 2000
NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC
NFL Blitz
NFL Blitz '99
NFL Blitz 2000 Gold Edition
Powerful Baseball '96
Primal Rage 2
Quiz Do Re Me Fa Grand Prix
Quiz Do Re Me Fa Grand Prix 2
Road Burners
San Francisco Rush
San Francisco Rush: 2049
San Francisco Rush: The Rock
Simpsons Bowling
Sport Fishing 2
Street Fighter III: New Generation
Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Susume! Taisen Puzzle-Dama
Tenth Degree
Vapor TRX
Vicious Circle
War Gods
War: The Final Assault
Warzard
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey
Wedding Rhapsody

Update: most chd's are around 600meg, a couple are 1.7gig and a couple are less than 100meg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc