Should I add more screenshots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I used a similar method to get a working save onto a second Wolf Link. I scanned the Amiibo and completed the first part of the Cave of Shadows. Upon completion, I saved the data to the Amiibo. I used the forked version of TagMo to scan the Amiibo, edit the data, and rewrite the modified data back to the Amiibo. The fork I used is located at https://github.com/possi/TagMo/releases
What exactly did you edit?
I flashed Wolf Link to a NFC TAG, registered in in Twilight Princess to my Mii, gave it a nickname and saved after floor 6. Since it's a fresh TP save I only have 16 hearts. Can I edit it so it keeps being registered to my Mii and with the nickname I gave it but with 20 hearts instead?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It was my understanding that tagmo had the ability to edit the saves from the app. But maybe the person who told me that was using a forked version. I don't have an android phone.

I used this site: http://amiibo.vgmoz.com/hex

When you upload the bin file it automatically decrypts the bin and you can edit it there. Then click the download encrypted button.
Brilliant! Could you help me with this and tell me what exactly to edit?
I flashed Wolf Link to a NFC TAG, registered in in Twilight Princess to my Mii, gave it a nickname and saved after floor 6. Since it's a fresh TP save I only have 16 hearts. Can I edit it so it keeps being registered to my Mii and with the nickname I gave it but with 20 hearts instead?
Actually I'm at 16 hearts and B6. I want 20 hearts. B20 would be great as well. I guess I could flash back to the same NTAG after I'm done editing?

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Brilliant! Could you help me with this and tell me what exactly to edit?

Actually I'm at 16 hearts and B6. I want 20 hearts. B20 would be great as well. I guess I could flash back to the same NTAG after I'm done editing?

You missed my post of me describing exactly what you wanted... it was only a few posts back:

Unity311 sent me their bin and it was corrupt. They never registered the amiibo before trying to restore the 20 heart save. So maybe if you did already have it registered to a mii you might be fine. The thing to note here is with version 2.3.2 they were told it was successful when it wasnt. If you have Twilight princes HD what I found works is registering the amiibo, getting a proper wolf link save onto the amiibo by playing the game and then editing the save to change it to a 20 heart amiibo. The offsets you need to change are ED, EE, and EF. The hex values need to be 28, 50, and 64 respectively. That will give you 20 hearts and lvl 40 save

Hello! I Have dumped the AMIIBO of BOTW, but the files are not on 540 bites but 570 or so. If i use tagmo, will this work? The file size is different and i am scare to loose my last tag on this try! Thanks for the help guys!

I used a 570 byte amiibo (all the botw ones) with tagmo 2.3.2. It worked fine.

Last edited by Random11,
Reactions: lordelan

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You missed my post of me describing exactly what you wanted... it was only a few posts back:

I used a 570 byte amiibo (all the botw ones) with tagmo 2.3.2. It worked fine.

I got most of the BoTW amiibos but I downloaded the Guardian.bin from a place we all know and it always say failed to decrypt tag.

Same for the 20 hearts Wolf Link dumps from this same place.

Got a pack elsewhere for the smash amiibos and I could make all the ones I wanted work, notably the Zelda related ones, got Epona.

Last edited by The Frenchman,

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got most of the BoTW amiibos but I downloaded the Guardian.bin from a place we all know and it always say failed to decrypt tag.

Same for the 20 hearts Wolf Link dumps from this same place.

Got a pack elsewhere for the smash amiibos and I could make all the ones I wanted work, notably the Zelda related ones, got Epona.

They all worked for me... they were 572 bytes to be exact. Even the guardian worked

Moookayla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to all of this, and I have all the key files downloaded and everything is "working" but after I load a bin, and go to do the "auto" writing of the ntag (215) it just crashes every time. I'm doing this from a note two, if that helps. I've tried multiple different versions of the app, yet none of them are working :'( any help at all is much appreciated.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm new to all of this, and I have all the key files downloaded and everything is "working" but after I load a bin, and go to do the "auto" writing of the ntag (215) it just crashes every time. I'm doing this from a note two, if that helps. I've tried multiple different versions of the app, yet none of them are working :'( any help at all is much appreciated.

There is a thread which is linked in this thread often that will lead you to a modified apk which works on all android versions.

Always does this for guardian amiibo and 20 heart wolf link...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-08-19-57-45.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-08-19-57-45.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 321

BTFO_Link

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question regarding the USB N2 Elite read/writer base. Can you use it to write onto ntag215's? I have a feeling that the button on the N2 Elite disc won't hold out for very long so I'm looking for an alternative for the future.
If not, is there a viable option for writing ntag215's on Windows?

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a thread which is linked in this thread often that will lead you to a modified apk which works on all android versions.

Always does this for guardian amiibo and 20 heart wolf link...

Found the reason for failure... I downloaded them from my android device and size was wrong. Transfered them through usb from a PC and everything worked!

azsde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can explain the 572B thing.

Without getting into to much detail, basically, someone out there figured out that amiibo NTAGs have some extra visible data on them at the end of the tag that might be of use eventually, so Amiibitz now dumps that, and handles that somewhat properly. What that data is precisely, isn't actually all that important right now so I'll leave that up for interpretation.

Anyhow, all amiibo dumped with Amiibitz now dump to this size, including old ones.

If you want to write them to NTAG215s just remove the last 32 bytes (0x20 in hex) from the amiibo with a hex editor and it should write to the NTAG215s fine with Tagmo and any other outdated program that works with 540 byte amiibo just fine.

9p92f.png

That is the block you need to delete for reference.
After deleting that block you can safely save the binary, and it should come out to be 540 Bytes just like any other amiibo bin.

Is this modification mandatory ? Or can it be flashed as is using TagMo auto write feature ?

OMEGACHANNEL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome.
I'm all in to this thing now. Got 100 1" round NTAG215's this week and have 100 1/32" x 1.5" clear plastic discs coming next week. Started printing the amiibo images on sticker sheets today and buying a fiskars 1.5" round punch tonight.... Gonna make my own portable amiibo tokens to put in my Switch case!

I will seriously paypal you funds to make all the zelda-related amiibos for me, as i have no access to the hardware necessary to make them. You up for it??

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question regarding the USB N2 Elite read/writer base. Can you use it to write onto ntag215's? I have a feeling that the button on the N2 Elite disc won't hold out for very long so I'm looking for an alternative for the future.
If not, is there a viable option for writing ntag215's on Windows?

I'll let you know shortly, when I get home. Oddly I haven't tried it, I just picked up a second hand Nexus 4 for next to nothing to use as a ntag writer, assuming (maybe incorrectly) that the N2 writer would be looking for some proprietary hardware. Find out soon enough.

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll let you know shortly, when I get home. Oddly I haven't tried it, I just picked up a second hand Nexus 4 for next to nothing to use as a ntag writer, assuming (maybe incorrectly) that the N2 writer would be looking for some proprietary hardware. Find out soon enough.

I tried already using their built in software... but because the n2elite needs to be unlocked first it wont let you write to just any nfc tag. To be fair, I didnt try to unlock the n2 elite first and then with the software thinking the device is unlocked switch it out for a blank tag... if it would work that is probably the only way I think you could get it to work. Otherwise you will need to use different software.

Last edited by Random11,

kmunkee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with my tagmo to work. I press write tag auto then I put the phone on the tag and I can hear a beep from my phone, I let it set there for 30 secs, but nothing. The wiiu does not recognize my card. I've already tried multiple amiibo files.

Edit: Using Samsung Galaxy S3 if that helps

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried already using their built in software... but because the n2elite needs to be unlocked first it wont let you write to just any nfc tag. To be fair, I didnt try to unlock the n2 elite first and then with the software thinking the device is unlocked switch it out for a blank tag... if it would work that is probably the only way I think you could get it to work. Otherwise you will need to use different software.

Yeah just tried it myself, definitely not possible with their software and I can't get the writer working with other software.
Maybe it's possible but I think it's just easier to pick up an old Android device as cheap as possible and use that.

I'm having trouble with my tagmo to work. I press write tag auto then I put the phone on the tag and I can hear a beep from my phone, I let it set there for 30 secs, but nothing. The wiiu does not recognize my card. I've already tried multiple amiibo files.

Edit: Using Samsung Galaxy S3 if that helps

I've seen people have issues with the S3 the most obvious one that sometimes trips people up is to make sure NFC is turned on. Yeah I know ;)
People have also had issues if the phone is in a case, so use the phone Nakit, the phone, not you :D
But the biggest problem seems to be if the battery has been replaced, as thats where the NFC chip is with the S3.

Those are just what comes to mind, off the top of my head as it were.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1