• Likes 40

Should I add more screenshots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't override my Wolf Link amiibo data. I got a bin file with the 20 hearts and after I try to restore my old data it says "Source UID does not match the target!"

Any tips?

NVM: I can restore the tag using the option restore to a different tag with 2.3.2 version. 2.3.3 ans 2.3.4 veta crashed for me (Galaxy S5 Android v6)

Last edited by raphamotta,

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't override my Wolf Link amiibo data. I got a bin file with the 20 hearts and after I try to restore my old data it says "Source UID does not match the target!"

Any tips?

NVM: I can restore the tag using the option restore to a different tag with 2.3.2 version. 2.3.3 ans 2.3.4 veta crashed for me (Galaxy S5 Android v6)

Did you see this post:

Hoping I can get some clarification here... Most of the information I can find is related to writing blank stickers/cards.

Can I write a dumped .bin to a physical amiibo of the same kind? I want to write a 20 heart wolf amiibo's data to my wolf amiibo.

I installed version 2.3.2 of TagMo (2.3.3 crashed when doing this). I used the "Restore Tag" button with the box for "Allow restore to different tag" checked, and it claimed to successfully write the data. Unfortunately I have no way to test that this was successful until BotW comes out.

Unity311 sent me their bin and it was corrupt. They never registered the amiibo before trying to restore the 20 heart save. So maybe if you did already have it registered to a mii you might be fine. The thing to note here is with version 2.3.2 they were told it was successful when it wasnt. If you have Twilight princes HD what I found works is registering the amiibo, getting a proper wolf link save onto the amiibo by playing the game and then editing the save to change it to a 20 heart amiibo. The offsets you need to change are ED, EE, and EF. The hex values need to be 28, 50, and 64 respectively. That will give you 20 hearts and lvl 40 save

Reactions: raphamotta

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you see this post:

Unity311 sent me their bin and it was corrupt. They never registered the amiibo before trying to restore the 20 heart save. So maybe if you did already have it registered to a mii you might be fine. The thing to note here is with version 2.3.2 they were told it was successful when it wasnt. If you have Twilight princes HD what I found works is registering the amiibo, getting a proper wolf link save onto the amiibo by playing the game and then editing the save to change it to a 20 heart amiibo. The offsets you need to change are ED, EE, and EF. The hex values need to be 28, 50, and 64 respectively. That will give you 20 hearts and lvl 40 save

I tested my amiibo with TP and worked, 20 hearts. Bu on BOTW when I try to use it says "You can't use it here". Maybe I need to envolve a little more in the game

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you see this post:

Ok I tried to change the ED, EE, and EF but says my data is corrupted.

After restore the data in system I'm with 20 hearts but still in B6

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tested my amiibo with TP and worked, 20 hearts. Bu on BOTW when I try to use it says "You can't use it here". Maybe I need to envolve a little more in the game

Ya you need to go into setting of the game and turn on amiibo and then also get the amiibo Sheika rune to use amiibo.

Ok I tried to change the ED, EE, and EF but says my data is corrupted.

After restore the data in system I'm with 20 hearts but still in B6

If you said it was already working why did you bother trying to edit the save? I don't know how you are editing the save but are you making sure you are editing a decrypted bin. You have to decrypt it first then edit it and then encrypting again before you put it onto your amiibo. It worked for me. I did it to multiple amiibo.

Last edited by Random11,

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
Ya you need to go into setting of the game and turn on amiibo and then also get the amiibo Sheika rune to use amiibo.

If you said it was already working why did you bother trying to edit the save? I don't know how you are editing the save but are you making sure to edit the unencrypted bin and then encrypting again before you put it onto your amiibo? It worked for me. I did it to multiple amiibo.

Well I think I cannot use the amiibo in BOTW because it says 20 hearts but B6 level. Maybe I need the B40 level.

I edited the bytes using HxD, but I don't know if it's a unencrypted bin or crypted bin. Used the TagMo save.

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I think I cannot use the amiibo in BOTW because it says 20 hearts but B6 level. Maybe I need the B40 level.

I edited the bytes using HxD, but I don't know if it's a unencrypted bin or crypted bin. Used the TagMo save.

It was my understanding that tagmo had the ability to edit the saves from the app. But maybe the person who told me that was using a forked version. I don't have an android phone.

I used this site: http://amiibo.vgmoz.com/hex

When you upload the bin file it automatically decrypts the bin and you can edit it there. Then click the download encrypted button.

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
It was my understanding that tagmo had the ability to edit the saves from the app. But maybe the person who told me that was using a forked version. I don't have an android phone.

I used this site: http://amiibo.vgmoz.com/hex

When you upload the bin file it automatically decrypts the bin and you can edit it there. Then click the download encrypted button.

Many thanks! Worked like a charm.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i seem be unable write to the tags. tagmo keeps crashing
have you tried uninstalling the official TagMo and installing the edited version from post#45 in this thread found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ng-editing-amiibos.431670/page-3#post-6530204

This is the only version that will write tags for me without crashing on any of my devices. Even the new official v2.3.4 that is supposed to incorporate this fix won't work for me. (I'm using various Nexus devices on Marshmallow).

Reactions: DreIceAge

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried uninstalling the official TagMo and installing the edited version from post#45 in this thread found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ng-editing-amiibos.431670/page-3#post-6530204

This is the only version that will write tags for me without crashing on any of my devices. Even the new official v2.3.4 that is supposed to incorporate this fix won't work for me. (I'm using various Nexus devices on Marshmallow).
Me too. I couldn't get the latest to work without freezing. I had to use the one in the links above

Reactions: DreIceAge

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woooooooooo it works!!!! THANKS
You're welcome.
I'm all in to this thing now. Got 100 1" round NTAG215's this week and have 100 1/32" x 1.5" clear plastic discs coming next week. Started printing the amiibo images on sticker sheets today and buying a fiskars 1.5" round punch tonight.... Gonna make my own portable amiibo tokens to put in my Switch case!

Reactions: OMEGACHANNEL

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
trying to upload my amiibo to the amiibo vgmoz site, it tells me it's not 540bytes... why? wrong keys, I'm almost sure this is the right key...

MBRazor

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so i got a wolf link bin and edited as mentioned above .. i want to write that to a blank nfc tag .. do i have to register the tag in TP before i edit it or can i write the edited version and use it in BotW .. only have 2 nfc-tags and want to be sure :) thanks

amgupt01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found some (alleged) BotW amiibo dumps, but they're 572 bytes… can TagMo handle this, or should I hold off for either different dumps, or an update to the app?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I found some (alleged) BotW amiibo dumps, but they're 572 bytes… can TagMo handle this, or should I hold off for either different dumps, or an update to the app?

IIRC overdumps (including unreadable pages at the end) are 572 bytes, and AFAIK tagmo can handle them.
Could you, for pure academic reasons of course, point me cryptically in their direction without breaking board rules?

Last edited by bkifft,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fellas
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    would you rather have a 9-5 desk job with poor pay or work for an intergalactic space militia with no guarantee of being paid?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    basically, normal boring job or halo and/or helldivers irl
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: basically, normal boring job or halo and/or helldivers irl