• Likes 40

Should I add more screenshots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello all,
I've decided to make a nice tutorial for creating Amiibo NTAG215s.

You will need:
  • An Android phone with NFC support; most do have it.
  • NTAG215s (Development Website for Ninty sells them at $0.30/tag, Aliexpress for a bit more)
  • Amiitool (see below)
  • Amiibo retail keys (see below)

I have updated this section as of 09 November 2016
You still need TagMo (see https://github.com/HiddenRambler/TagMo/releases/latest) and the NFC key (see my Pastebin :wink:) but then just load in the key, and then get some tag dumps: As I cant say the exact name (it is copyrighted contents, even though they're only 540B), so you need to search for "NFC" and then the word that has the definition of "the land alongside or sloping down to a river or lake."

Just load everything, and ensure you press (Auto)

Want the slightly-out-of-date but still relevant copy? Here you go:
Thanks to @HiddenRambler updating TagMo to use the keys and amiitool inside of it, this is really simple now. You simply need the amiibo key (Google for it, you'll find it on pastebin ;) ), split it in half, and TagMo 2, then load up the 2 keys, then the BIN files.

TagMo 2: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/tagmo-zip.37286/

If you want to do it the old way that requires a PC and all the relevant stuff:
You will need:
  • An Android phone with NFC support (many phones support it, most notably the Samsung and Nexus models)
  • A dumped amiibo (Use the amiiqo app to dump, or google for Amiibo BINs).
  • NTAG215 tags (one per amiibo - you cannot edit once made)
  • @javiMaD 's edited amiitool (https://github.com/javimadgit/amiitool) - Linux only AFAIK, this needs C development libraries, cmake, and libssl-dev.
  • An internet connection.
  • TagMo (https://gbatemp.net/attachments/tagmo-zip.37286/)
  • A hex editor (I suggest HxD)
  • TIME and PATIENCE

First, install TagMo, Amiiqo (if you need to dump your amiibo), and HxD (use Bless if on linux), then start compiling Amiitool.
Next, dump your amiibo, and copy onto your machine. Use the web API for decrypting it, which is at https://www.socram.ovh/amiibo/ (operation must be decrypt, file must be the BIN). Then, open it in your hex editor. This is where you need to find out the 7byte UID of your NFC tag, using NFC TagInfo. Once that is done, go to http://dynamoreason.com/res/g/amiibo/uid/ and place it in the box with NO SPACES. You will get a 9 byte UID - place the first 8 bytes in 0x1D4, and the 9th in 0x00 (like the screenshots):

direct

direct

direct

direct

(Yes I blurred out the amiibo, it IS copyrighted you know)

Save this, then use JaviMaD's amiitool to encrypt, with the command './amiitool -k KEYS.bin -e -i filename.bin -o filename-enc.bin', where KEYS.bin is the unfixed info then locked secrets joined together (SHA1: bbdbb49a917d14f7a997d327ba40d40c39e606ce) and filename.bin is the decrypted hex file we just made. Once encrypted, copy over to your phone, turn on NFC and start TagMo. Once this is done, use the action menu and select 'Load tag from file', select the file, then 'Write tag' and place the tag near the NFC adapter in your phone (don't move it until it says done!!!). Once done, you now have an amiibo!

Last edited by ,

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How exactly do I make the key? In HxD I copied Unfixed infos, magic blob, hmac, locked secret, magic blog, hmac. I checked and without what's in () in hmac the file is only 90 bytes, with it it's 122 bytes. What am I missing?

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Basically this means you can copy your amiibo and just use the tags to be read instead of using the amiibo itself

Mhetralla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, good job with the thread and thanks to all the people in the other thread who made this possible!
For people looking for where to buy tags, people in that thread says that this works correctly. You will have to buy 100, but they are cheap anyway. If they are too much for you, you can share some amiibos with friends. (If you found some shop when you can buy less of them, send it to me, please)

@HiddenRambler has made the TagMo's source code available here. I feel like we can integrate all of this process in the same app. (Dumping, scanning the blank tag to get the UID, fixing the dump and writing on the blank tag)

Last edited by Mhetralla,
Reactions: pelago

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little late with IOSU coming out. I will just wait for a Gecko code to unlock everything. The best use for an Amibo is to unlock the good boards in Mario Party, and I don't even own Mario Party. Nintendo might make a good use for Link in Zelda U, but my only real Amiibo is Link, so I'm covered.

Thanks for the guide though. It is helpful to people obsessed with Smash.

Mhetralla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A little late with IOSU coming out. I will just wait for a Gecko code to unlock everything. The best use for an Amibo is to unlock the good boards in Mario Party, and I don't even own Mario Party. Nintendo might make a good use for Link in Zelda U, but my only real Amiibo is Link, so I'm covered.

Thanks for the guide though. It is helpful to people obsessed with Smash.
This works too with 3DS, with hacks, without hacks... It's more reliable.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I might get my tags this thursday, or next thursday :(, either way I can't wait to try this! Hopefully by then Ill understand this guide completely lol. or someone comes up with an all in one tool,lol

D

Deleted User

OP
Hey, good job with the thread and thanks to all the people in the other thread who made this possible!
For people looking for where to buy tags, people in that thread says that this works correctly. You will have to buy 100, but they are cheap anyway. If they are too much for you, you can share some amiibos with friends. (If you found some shop when you can buy less of them, send it to me, please)

@HiddenRambler has made the TagMo's source code available here. I feel like we can integrate all of this process in the same app. (Dumping, scanning the blank tag to get the UID, fixing the dump and writing on the blank tag)

You can pm the seller and ask for less.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then, surprised it got to a working state this fast.
I'll have to actually order some NTAG215s at some point...

Olimpiky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done all the steps but Im stuck trying to use amiitool. I have an ubuntu VM running and i installed cmake already. I open the build.sh and i makes a build folder but i dont know what to do from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1