OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know, but how can i test it?
I am guessing this is your card,
r4i_red_box_sd_2gb_300.gif

If it is it probably won't work. If you wan't to try it, just copy everything off your SD card onto your PC as a backup. You can then try any of my 3 versions of MAIO or you can download the several versions of wood. If they do not work then just put your backup back onto the SD.

EDIT: Try this thread. @Joel16's version works on a lot of clones. http://gbatemp.net/topic/318315-the-ultimate-r4-clone-helperguider/page__fromsearch__1

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Try this thread. @[member='Joel16']'s version works on a lot of clones. http://gbatemp.net/t...__fromsearch__1
He'd be better off with YSMenu instead of the stuff from Joel16. That kid is advertising for terrible packages. His MAIO is just a serious rip where he sticks his nick everywhere (the nds header, the icon, etc.) and the WAIO is the old one from v1.15 that was hex edited to say 1.42.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Try this thread. @[member='Joel16']'s version works on a lot of clones. http://gbatemp.net/t...__fromsearch__1
He'd be better off with YSMenu instead of the stuff from Joel16. That kid is advertising for terrible packages. His MAIO is just a serious rip where he sticks his nick everywhere (the nds header, the icon, etc.) and the WAIO is the old one from v1.15 that was hex edited to say 1.42.

Yeah Me the "kid"
i do pretty crappy things that dont help people in any way
thats why on 5.90 i took my name of a lot of things ! -_-

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Me the "kid"
Well, at least you seem to understand now that you aren't doing anything useful. Btw you have about 26-ish separate mentions of your nick throughout the download...That sounds like a lot considering that most people put 2-3 max in theirs. Derp, I don't mean that "it sounds like a lot", it IS a lot...silly me.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Me the "kid"
Well, at least you seem to understand now that you aren't doing anything useful. Btw you have about 26-ish separate mentions of your nick throughout the download...That sounds like a lot considering that most people put 2-3 max in theirs. Derp, I don't mean that "it sounds like a lot", it IS a lot...silly me.

Yeah Me the "kid"

dont worry ill make one more 'stupid; release, with most of my name removed

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble implementing YWGs new extlink feature into MAIO for R4s.

From Wood Firmwares v1.44 topic. RE: MAIO Problems
I have tested this and it works well however I am having trouble implementing it with MAIO (moonshell all in one.) To use this properly we really need the R4s to autoboot to moonshell on startup and then return to moonshell on soft reset. If we have to run moonshell from Wood first and then start a ROM from there then there really isn't much point in doing it.

The original R4 is easy. You just need to encrpt the moonshl2.nds and rename it to _DS_MENU.DAT then decrypt the original _DS_MENU.DAT and use it in extlink and resetmse.

The R4iGold and R4IDSN are a little trickier as they will not run moonshl2.nds from boot no matter what you do. The only way around this was to modify the _DS_MENU.DAT or _DSMENU.DAT files to use an alternative ini file set on boot and soft reset solely for the purpose of using Wood's autoboot feature to run Moonshl2.nds. We then just renamed an unmodified copy of the DAT file to WOODR4.NDS which is used by moonshell extlink and favlauncher to launch ROMs via the normal autorun ini files which are cleared each time by iniclear.

Due to the way Wood now handles its own .ini files the alternate autoboot method for moonshl2.nds no longer works. I don't see the point in using the new extlink feature if I can't get moonshell2 to autoboot on startup and softreset back to moonshell. I haven't spent a long time on it but have so far not found a workaround.

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Major update.

Version 3.0
  • Updated to Wood 1.45
  • Implemented YWGs new extlink loaders.
  • Removed all moonshell skins to reduce the file size.
  • Default Save set to .sav (Can be changed in Wood settings)
I have tested this package on the following cards.
card10.jpg
1.0x0.jpg

New loaders have not been tested with orginal R4s and 1:1 clones but should still work

Reactions: 1 person

j03lpr86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mantis41 i modified taiju reset_mse to autoboot moonshl2 on r4i gold from www.r4ids.cn without the need to use the wood r4 autoboot hack if u want i could send it to u so u can use it on ur next maio release

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
j03lpr86 do you know whether your modified reset_mse works on the r4ids.cn non 3ds r4igold?

I have been meaning to contact their support team as I cannot exit to firmware from moonshell on my non 3ds r4igold. If you have a working r4igold reset file I'd appreciate it if you could let me try it...

j03lpr86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*UPDATE*

This package has now been updated and tested working on Original R4, 1:1 clones and the R4iGold series of cards.

Thanks to Jurassicplayer for some major re-construction and Avenir for some helpful advice.

Notes: At the moment Moonshell boots on the R4iGold via an autorun hack form wood written by Jurassicplayer. This slows things down a tad as the card has to boot to wood before moonshell on start up and soft reset.

If anyone can get moonshell to boot directly as _DS_MENU.DAT on the R4igold it should speed things up a little.

just modify reset_mse makefile from mshl2tools as follows:
and just copy r4idsn_sd.dldi from wood r4 into reset_mse source folder

ifeq ($(strip $(DEVKITARM)),)
$(error "Please set DEVKITARM in your environment. export DEVKITARM=devkitARM)
endif

include $(DEVKITARM)/ds_rules

export TARGET := moonshl2alt
export TOPDIR := $(CURDIR)
export PATH := $(DEVKITARM)/bin:$(PATH)

all: ../$(TARGET).mse
.PHONY: clean

clean:
rm -f $(TARGET).arm9 main.o .map

### final build script ###
../$(TARGET).mse : $(TARGET).arm9
ndstool -c $(TARGET).mse -7 ../../arm7/arm7.bin -9 $(TARGET).arm9 -e9 0x02000800 -b moonshl2alt.bmp "MoonShell2;Alternative Loader"
linkmaker $(TARGET).mse
mselink $(TARGET).mse /moonshl2/reload.dat _DS_MENU.DAT
dldipatch r4idsn_sd.dldi _DS_MENU.DAT

### compile main.c ###
LIBDIRS := $(LIBNDS)
export INCLUDE := $(foreach dir,$(INCLUDES),-I$(CURDIR)/$(dir)) \
$(foreach dir,$(LIBDIRS),-I$(dir)/include) \
-I$(CURDIR)
export LIBPATHS := $(foreach dir,$(LIBDIRS),-L$(dir)/lib)
LIBS := ../../libprism/libprism.a -lnds9
ARCH := -mthumb -mthumb-interwork
CFLAGS := -Wall -O2 \
-march=armv5te -mtune=arm946e-s -fomit-frame-pointer \
-ffast-math -fdata-sections \
$(ARCH) -DARM9
LDFLAGS = -s -specs=ds_arm9.specs $(ARCH) -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-Map,$(notdir $*.map)
LDFLAGS += -Wl,--section-start,.init=0x02000800

j03lpr86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
j03lpr86 do you know whether your modified reset_mse works on the r4ids.cn non 3ds r4igold?

I have been meaning to contact their support team as I cannot exit to firmware from moonshell on my non 3ds r4igold. If you have a working r4igold reset file I'd appreciate it if you could let me try it...

try this one to see if it works for u:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sqxsd3hrmmjlr96

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

try this one to see if it works for u:

http://www.mediafire...sqxsd3hrmmjlr96
Thanks for your work on this. I have been a bit busy and not really had a chance to try anything new. I will have to create a new package some time soon.

Cheers :grog:

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play music, video, pictures natively. The GUI is of a higher quality and slightly more robust. I must admit my flash cards boot straight to wood now. It was fun to play around with MAIO but I do not use my DS for media these days.

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Testing on the R4i clone... The site doesn't exist anymore and neither do these. I am testing on the SDHC version without RTS support. It also doesn't support wood. (boots up Wood R4i but crashes on game load) I have a hacked version that works though. Aside from a DS_MENU.dat it also needs a DS_MENU.sys and a _system_ folder.
Pic:
91829_0f89a7e9d4d4976b7d81b0abb667683b.jpg

aaaaand it says it couldn't find the system folder. Using the normal loader and launching moonshell freezes.

linuxdude2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play music, video, pictures natively. The GUI is of a higher quality and slightly more robust. I must admit my flash cards boot straight to wood now. It was fun to play around with MAIO but I do not use my DS for media these days.
Exactly my point
I sometimes use my DS as an MP3 player
I will just boot Imp-ng

Movies on a DS??
Are you people high??

Reactions: 1 person

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly my point
I sometimes use my DS as an MP3 player
I will just boot Imp-ng

Movies on a DS??
Are you people high??
I guess I just liked using the moonshell GUI. I'm over it now and did not own a PSP at the time. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet...