Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
Well, excuse me, but the reload.dat needs fatpatch (fixes last cluster bug)

Also would you mind to update utilities to mshl2tools_r31 0.50a?
opps sorry about not updating for a while - I'm not so active on this post as I use to be, since I'm now more of a DSTwo fan
laugh.gif

But I've changed the link in post#4 to point towards your POST instead of the actual mshl2tools download - that way people can get the latest version & I don't have to keep changing it
laugh.gif
& there's now a 3.02.1 MAIO - with the reload.dat 'fatpatched'

jeffro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fakegaming.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wonder what OS people use these days for their acekard. The only problem I have with MAIO atm is that it doesn't properly load GBA roms. (Might be caused by the gbaloader version
tongue.gif
) I also read alot about WAIO, But what is the best thing to use for an AK2.1
smile.gif
Or rather, most convienent?

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jeffro said:
I wonder what OS people use these days for their acekard. The only problem I have with MAIO atm is that it doesn't properly load GBA roms. (Might be caused by the gbaloader version
tongue.gif
smile.gif
Definitely AKAIO is best for AK2.
Anyway you need slot2 device for GBA.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
jeffro said:
tongue.gif
smile.gif
The OS I use is Moonshell2...but for convenience I used Xenon++'s favlauncher to also have AKAIO and DSOrganize (and some other random homebrew) so I don't need to maneuver through stuff to reach the things I use often.

jeffro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fakegaming.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
Xenon++ said:
jeffro said:
tongue.gif
smile.gif
Definitely AKAIO is best for AK2.
Anyway you need slot2 device for GBA.

I have a 3-in-1-new
tongue.gif
I'm not that stupid ;) AKAIO works fine with loading GBA roms though.

jurassicplayer said:
QUOTE(jeffro @ Aug 24 2010, 04:58 PM)
tongue.gif
smile.gif
The OS I use is Moonshell2...but for convenience I used Xenon++'s favlauncher to also have AKAIO and DSOrganize (and some other random homebrew) so I don't need to maneuver through stuff to reach the things I use often.

Nice, where can I find this favlauncher? Would be nice if I can place most of my homebrew there
biggrin.gif

retroman51

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
(I'll gladly try & sort out any problems you may have with installing or errors you may get with this package though)

If you can, then can you solve the problem I have?

The problem is that when I use Moonshell (MAIO) a single DS ROM won't load, and I can't find DSLink or whatever it is anywhere.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
well the dslink should also be in the mshl2tool pack (link in post 2 above this one)

As for the Rom - what is it called ? That might help me figure out what might be the problem (just DON'T supply a link to it )
Does the Rom work ok if you boot to akaio and run it from there ?

HeaJayKJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated my son's DSi with the patch that solves the firmware 1.4u issue and it worked, but I couldn't get it to play videos. I downloaded your MAIO files and replaced the original OS with the Moonshell files, but when I restarted the device the touch screen doesn't work and neither do the arrow keys. The only thing the DSi will do is take pictures. I moved the Moonshell files off the card and replaced them with my original files, but it didn't fix the problem. It seems to boot up okay, but the only buttons it recognizes are the 'R' and 'L' keys and the 'A' key (w/ limited options) Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can get the touch screen and arrow keys to work again? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thx,
HeaJayKJ

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
HeaJayKJ said:
I recently updated my son's DSi with the patch that solves the firmware 1.4u issue and it worked, but I couldn't get it to play videos. I downloaded your MAIO files and replaced the original OS with the Moonshell files, but when I restarted the device the touch screen doesn't work and neither do the arrow keys. The only thing the DSi will do is take pictures. I moved the Moonshell files off the card and replaced them with my original files, but it didn't fix the problem. It seems to boot up okay, but the only buttons it recognizes are the 'R' and 'L' keys and the 'A' key (w/ limited options) Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can get the touch screen and arrow keys to work again? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thx,
HeaJayKJ
Never heard of that before...

Just to check a few things.
> Does the buttons/touchscreen work OK on the DSi with the flashcard removed ?? (the screen with DSi sound/DS Downloadplay etc)
> What are the 'limited' options you get with the [ A ] button ? (that MIGHT give us a clue)
> Have you tried reformatting the memory card & reinstalling a fresh copy of the OS (not from your backup) ?? - you may have a corrupted file or something that's causing the problems

IIRC there was actually 2 versions of the Acekard firmware released that 'fixes' the 1.4U firmware block. Perhaps you updated with the wrong version
(FYI - Found this thread on updating the Ak2i - pehrhaps your update failed for some reason)

retroman51

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
well the dslink should also be in the mshl2tool pack (link in post 2 above this one)

As for the Rom - what is it called ? That might help me figure out what might be the problem (just DON'T supply a link to it )
I was trying to launch "Elite Beat Agents" (runs fine in AKAIO) and "Custom Robo Arena (same result)

QUOTE(CannonFoddr @ Aug 29 2010, 02:41 AM) Does the Rom work ok if you boot to akaio and run it from there ?

It does load and runs correctly on AKAIO (EBA has minor problems, Custom Robo Arena runs perfecly).

yaypsp.gif

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IS it true u can still use cheats if u do this?

QUOTE said:
To use cheats, load a game but press (B) after clicking it. It should bring back up the Acekard main menu, and you can load your cheats from there.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
So did u hold b after clicking on the nds game? Did u see the cheats?
Of course it's true -_-"
When you load a rom via Moonshell2, it sends it to AKAIO's globalsettings.ini, turns on the autoRunLastRom, and then opens AKAIO (which will autoboot the game). A default feature in AKAIO is that by holding the B button while booting, it can cancel the autoboot and bring you to the AKAIO firmware. From there, you just set cheats up per usual using AKAIO and run the game.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
retroman51 said:
smellyunicorn said:
Wow this is amazing!
I wish I thought of this.

A better Idea is to have a media player linked to AKAIO instead of Moonshell linked to AKAIO.
And how do you propose to do that?
1). AKAIO is closed source.
2). AKAIO removed Plugins.

I suppose you COULD do that by launching Moonshell from AKAIO, ya know like normal... but that's not what this is about.
This is for people who want to be able to launch games through Moonshell because they like the interface, or they like having a media player that can load games, or whatever reason.
I personally love the way Moonshell scrolls through files (the 'tap and pull' feels much more natural, and it's scrolling is VERY fluid) and how much better the skins look (AKAIO uses 16bit BMPs, Moonshell skins use PNGs which can support transparency).

mad-murdock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey, i found a problem in MAIO' v3.02.1 with Acekard 2.1

i can start up moonshell, do exit to firmware, start roms - all works great. unfortunatly, i cannot start anything after a soft reset (L+R+A+B+DOWN)

when i start a game, soft reset, start another game, the boot process hangs, where the "loading" bar from akaio should be - in front of the part with the yellow loading.

same happens if i choose "exit to firmware" after a soft reset.

what does work is: start game, soft reset, start the SAME GAME again and again.

i use MAIO 3.02.1 (latest at time of writing), deleted all akaio/moonshell folders from the card before installing, and then unzipped a virgin maio. only thing i changed after: inserted new loader from http://akaio.net/loaders/

btw: thanks for this awsome work. this really makes things more easy

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hmm.. bit weird that - I can't seem to replicate the same problem & I've tried the same as you, although I've only got a AK2i & not a 2.1

Formatted SD card > Installed MAIO 3.02.1 > switched on > boots Moonshell > exit to firmware > Start ROM (Mario Kart) > Soft reset (L+R+A+B+Down) > reboots into Moonshell > Start another ROM (Bomberman) > Works
(I was using the AK2i on a DSLite - since I've had not updated it to work on my DSi 1.4.1)

> I then downloaded the new loader, installed it & tried again.. same thing - it worked
> I THEN updated the AK2i to work on the DSi - done the same things above & it worked as well

I can only guess it's something to do with the 2.1 - can any1 else confirm this ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo