Not open for further replies.

ZackZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Well if people want it, I can release Beta 3 in a couple of hours(Been working on it for almost 3 days straight).
If you think it's ready for such a release, then I'd say release V3. But only if you think it's ready.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WataruKun said:
Well if people want it, I can release Beta 3 in a couple of hours(Been working on it for almost 3 days straight).

yes please
smile.gif

sonofcaine

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A version 3 sounds awesome to me. I've been playing just enough to test the patch before this. Now I will actually start to move forward in the game. Thanks!!

The_Office_owns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm new to all this hacking stuff and I'm having a problem with this patch. When I go to patch it, I follow the instructions exactly as the OP says. But nothing happens?

It said it would take some time and I literally waited 1 hour and there was no new file like it said there would be. It seems like when I press the "Apply Patch" button, nothing happens. Should I have done something in the "Create" tab? What am I doing wrong?

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahem...
Create patch is for CREATING a new patch file yourself. A patch file is something that you usually distribute to others so they can patch their own roms (like the authors of various patches on these boards).
You're applying an existing patch onto a clean Rom. So you choose "patch", NOT "create!"; selected unedited rom, and patch file, which makes an edited (patched) rom. (this is different than a "patch file", which I just explained above).
Simple as 1-2-3.

Only problem is some people have problems getting xdelta gui to work on some operating systems or configurations though that is rare.

It's really easy and pretty self explanatory if you know what the terms mean.

jojoj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wataru thank you for all your hard work it is much appreciated
happy.gif

and i h8 to be a NUB NUB and im sure you've been asked this B4 but do you have a solid release date for this patch?
or should I just assume it will be done in the next few months or so?

BTW i've played with yr v2 patch it works GREEEAAAATTT thx so much

jackbirkby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The_Office_owns said:
Hi guys, I'm new to all this hacking stuff and I'm having a problem with this patch. When I go to patch it, I follow the instructions exactly as the OP says. But nothing happens?

It said it would take some time and I literally waited 1 hour and there was no new file like it said there would be. It seems like when I press the "Apply Patch" button, nothing happens. Should I have done something in the "Create" tab? What am I doing wrong?

First, it's not hacking. I don't think people here will appriciate you saying that. To answer your question, you may have outdated framework, and also the patcher doesn't have a high sucess rate on external devices. Also, I think your version of XDelta must match that of XDeltaGUI... I think somebody may have mentioned earlier that the XDelat's supplied didn't work, although don't quote me on that (please
tongue.gif
) Try it in the root of the master drive, rather than a slave. (Master drive usually named C:\)

If this doesn't help, then sorry, but you need a more experienced user of XDelta... or try a different program (I believe there are several)

The_Office_owns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay but that is what I have been doing. I even have the Xeno rom that he recommends. But when I press "apply patch" then nothing happens.

Like I said, I've waited for an hour and no file was created. What is going on?

And if anyone does have another patching program to use please let me know what it is called.

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jojo,
I'm not trying to start a flame war or speak for the OP, but did you actually consider carefully what you were asking?

That's like you starting a huge multi-week school project, and me asking you "do you have a FIRM date when you will be done with the project?" You may have two months to do the project, which is grace time to work around your other classes, but you could get it done within 1 week or 3 weeks; how to know for sure until final crunch time arrives? Anything can influence how fast or slow something gets done, including RL obligations, loss of computer access, lack of motivation, a lot of free time, and so on.

I only tell you this because this V3 patch was delayed a bit, so you should project that future patches may not hit their original projected dates, if any. So, "when it's done" is more like it
smile.gif

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey wataru in the next patch will there translated text where u talk to your pokemon? can i suggest that i think u should do the text of the three starters because everybody has them. (if it works that way)

NOTE: if people r struggling with the 5 character names. u can use pokesav (google it) and change the names from there
mthrnitesmiley.gif

nicklesminer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The_Office_owns said:
Okay but that is what I have been doing. I even have the Xeno rom that he recommends. But when I press "apply patch" then nothing happens.

Like I said, I've waited for an hour and no file was created. What is going on?

And if anyone does have another patching program to use please let me know what it is called.

I had the same problem when i was trying it. However, the file was actually being created. It just wasn't located in the same folder. In my case the xdelta folder was a subfolder of my downloads folder and the patched game appeared in the downloads folder rather than the xdelta one.

The_Office_owns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicklesminer said:
I had the same problem when i was trying it. However, the file was actually being created. It just wasn't located in the same folder. In my case the xdelta folder was a subfolder of my downloads folder and the patched game appeared in the downloads folder rather than the xdelta one.

I just searched my entire computer and there is no file any where. It does not look like it is being created. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong and am following the exact thing the OP said. Help!

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now I do have one request though. Since this patch IS all the way to the end of Goldenrod which is tons of game play(Bellsprout Tower, First Gym, Slowpoke Well, Second Gym, Ilex Forest and the Third Gym)...

Could someone who has a Mic or a tool to record videos do a sort of walkthrough using my patch?

Those kind of things help me see errors and stuff. Not only that, but they show off the patch.

sonofcaine

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A slice of beta cake sounds good right now. I have a mic but I i'm testing the patches on my ds unless I record that I don't think I could be much help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi