Status
Not open for further replies.

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought wataru said patch 2 only worked for soul silver and patch 1 is for both right? and aout the guy who got banned is 7 days a little long?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fo0d2Go said:
i thought wataru said patch 2 only worked for soul silver and patch 1 is for both right? and aout the guy who got banned is 7 days a little long?
not long enough IMO.

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
*insert Star Trek facepalm picture here*

A) DON'T QUOTE THE FIRST POST! It's long and meant to be that way. It only takes up more space.
B) DON'T ASK FOR ROMS! This isn't GBAtemp: The Pirate Ship on the High Seas. Although with some sealant, plywood, and duct tape, I could make her seaworthy.
C) Sigh...

Also, should this be moved to "Heart Gold and Soul Silver translation" instead of just a "Soul Silver one". I didn't realize 'till today (when I actually read the first page) that this is for both games, not Soul Silver alone.
hey guild i read one of ur posts on kazos and u said that kazo is actually smart enough to stop doing translations? wat do u mean by that?

Grink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this translation contain a translation of all of the items, key items, battle stuff?

ie, would using conversion still have japanese text regarding which type it changed to, or the status condition shedded by a kakuna, etc

dbzgotenks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can some one help me? I can't patch my game. I downloaded the patch but when I try to run xDelta GUI, it says: "The application failed to initialize properly." I delete it and install it again, but it still doesn't work. I'm using Windows XP 2002 btw.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dbzgotenks said:
Can some one help me? I can't patch my game. I downloaded the patch but when I try to run xDelta GUI, it says: "The application failed to initialize properly." I delete it and install it again, but it still doesn't work. I'm using Windows XP 2002 btw.

Make your your computer is completely updated, along with the .NET firmware.

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grink said:
does this translation contain a translation of all of the items, key items, battle stuff?

ie, would using conversion still have japanese text regarding which type it changed to, or the status condition shedded by a kakuna, etc
well as of now, no the status are not yet translated most items are as of i know.

Lone Wolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great job on the translating! I dont speak jap and i havn't played the original G/S/C so this is really cool.
grog.gif

godzilla3456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job A+
yaynds.gif

Hmmm..... Hopefully by Christmas the whole game will be English by someone.
And i saw on kazos patch that the opening that says "Pokemon Soul Silver" in English, you should look into that!

sonofcaine

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Well, I know there's already an HGSS translation going on out there, but I decided to make my own. I've only been working on this for a couple days, but I've got most of the dialogue from both New Bark Town and Cherrygrove City already translated. Adding on to that, that's what will make this HGSS translation different from all the other ones out there, the dialogue, including the new text, will be translated. Most recently though, I've been focusing on translating the menus and stuff, which has been going well. For the dialogue, IF the dialogue was the same in HGSS as it was in the original GSC, I will translate it the same way it was translated in GSC with a few updates(For instance, PROF. is now Professor and important items are no longer all caps). The new dialogue will be translated as well. Here are a couple screenies showing off what's been done...

Notes

This patch will currently only work on Soul Silver and not Heart Gold.

The first patch will work for both while version 2 will only work for Soul Silver which is stated in the first post. Which is why its called Magnius's Pokemon Soul Silver Translation.

adamxs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun you ar awsom just a question of curiosity how far are you with the translation and when will the next patch be due out (Approx)

Thanks
Adam
P.S also if you show me how to do it i dont mind helping (i have alot of free time)

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChuckBartowski said:
to WataruKun: I know you've probably got this a million times, but could you please put the pictures in your original post in a spoiler box. Thats a lot to scroll, and a lot to load.
You realize that using the spoiler box will NOT help your load time at all, right? Even while within the spoiler box you will download the images inside, the page will just hide them within the spoiler box if put there. So it'll help with scrolling, but not with loading.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
adamxs said:
WataruKun you ar awsom just a question of curiosity how far are you with the translation and when will the next patch be due out (Approx)

Thanks
Adam
P.S also if you show me how to do it i dont mind helping (i have alot of free time)
Perhaps today and it will be all the way up to Ecruteak. Mind you some new LOOONG scripts, like when you meet your friend's Grandparents near Goldenrod might not be translated. But most main text and most NPC's, trainers and text that you need to move on, up to Ecruteak, will be translated.

Mind you up to means Ecruteak won't be translated, but most stuff before it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1