Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

dreams062

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok its been 2hrs and no luck also for network adapter is it "Wi-Fi"
Windows 7 32bit
3ds 9.5.0-22u

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 592

homigura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Homepass worked fine with nzone.exe ... When i use this one, i select MAC ORDER and NETWORK ADAPTER ( i select the one created with nzone.exe on that one) , and it simply doesn't work....
If i try to host a new connection, nzone gives me error : "no hosted network compatible wireless interfaces found" and i couldn't fix that except for a system restore D:
Should i use MACycle alone? Or along with nzone.exe ? Sorry for not getting it correctly :/
Thanks in advance , Team Fail .

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Homepass worked fine with nzone.exe ... When i use this one, i select MAC ORDER and NETWORK ADAPTER ( i select the one created with nzone.exe on that one) , and it simply doesn't work....
If i try to host a new connection, nzone gives me error : "no hosted network compatible wireless interfaces found" and i couldn't fix that except for a system restore D:
Should i use MACycle alone? Or along with nzone.exe ? Sorry for not getting it correctly :/
Thanks in advance , Team Fail .
You don't need nzone. It's not designed to work with it. MACycle works completely independent of any other applications (As of the V2.00 Beta 1.71, all previous versions use macshift to swap the MAC address) and shouldn't need anything else to run.

homigura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You don't need nzone. It's not designed to work with it. MACycle works completely independent of any other applications (As of the V2.00 Beta 1.71, all previous versions use macshift to swap the MAC address) and shouldn't need anything else to run.

So just open it, configure *mac order* and *network adapter* and i'm good to go ? It'll create the homepass automatically?
I'm sorry for being so n00b and not going to other pages,my connection is limited and shared :(

bisl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just open it, configure *mac order* and *network adapter* and i'm good to go ? It'll create the homepass automatically?

I don't believe so. The OP claims that you need to have a functioning HomePass already in place, and MACycle is just going to let you cycle through MAC addresses in nice ways rather than always going sequentially on fixed sets like nzone.exe.

However, nzone.exe does a decent job of configuring a HomePass for you, so you can potentially use nzone.exe to do that configuration and then just disable nzone.exe and use MACycle instead.

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Not sure if it's OK to ask here, but I wanted to know the range of publicly used MAC addresses and also the range of private ones, since I wanted to have a isolated range of homepass to exchange data with select people. Would that be possible?

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Not sure if it's OK to ask here, but I wanted to know the range of publicly used MAC addresses and also the range of private ones, since I wanted to have a isolated range of homepass to exchange data with select people. Would that be possible?

The list of hardcoded MAC addresses is available on Google Docs, linked from the OP, which are the about 120 and some entries long. Otherwise, the rest are user-issued.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I've just downloaded the latest version. MACycle V2.00 Beta 1.71.

Can you give some tips on setup. What are the best options etc. Perhaps screen shots for what you use?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don't believe so. The OP claims that you need to have a functioning HomePass already in place, and MACycle is just going to let you cycle through MAC addresses in nice ways rather than always going sequentially on fixed sets like nzone.exe.

However, nzone.exe does a decent job of configuring a HomePass for you, so you can potentially use nzone.exe to do that configuration and then just disable nzone.exe and use MACycle instead.

nzone.exe used a fixed common MAC just because:
1. There is NO way in Windows to set private MACs, because Windows drivers restricts setting a hardware-assigned MACs, which are the most of the private MACs
2. MOST of the wireless adapter windows drivers modifies first octet of the MAC in different way, so, again, you can't set any of the non-harware assigned addrsses to, only a small portion of it.
3. And last, you're finally getting streetpasses with ANY MAC, not because you was so smart to use your custom MAC list, but just because Nintendo does not stick streetpass data to the actual MAC but spreads it between MACs in Europe. So there is no much sence which actually MACs you're using with the european Nintendo Zone SSID.

Reactions: HNKii

bisl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And last, you're finally getting streetpasses with ANY MAC, not because you was so smart to use your custom MAC list, but just because Nintendo does not stick streetpass data to the actual MAC but spreads it between MACs in Europe. So there is no much sence which actually MACs you're using with the european Nintendo Zone SSID.

If that's the case, why bother implementing sequential and random MAC cycling modes in MACycle? From your description it seems as though you claim the result would be the same either way.

Also, can you explain what the values in nzone.macs mean, and how nzone behaves differently in BASE16 and BASE256 operation?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If that's the case, why bother implementing sequential and random MAC cycling modes in MACycle? From your description it seems as though you claim the result would be the same either way.

Also, can you explain what the values in nzone.macs mean, and how nzone behaves differently in BASE16 and BASE256 operation?

Maccycle was released far before nzone for windows (I was concentrated on a Linux version which have no driver limitations). BASE16/256 have a list of 16 or 256 common macs just because nzone calculates MAC optimal MAC change delay for streetpass cooldown based on the number of macs in the list. So in case of Windows nzone the different lists is onlyva simple way to control the number of streetpasses per hour.

bisl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maccycle was released far before nzone for windows (I was concentrated on a Linux version which have no driver limitations).

Wait, are you the author of nzone.exe? If so, can you tell me what the hostednetwork key is for ConsoleNintendo3DS, and how you knew to use it?

I had problems using nzone because over time, nzone would no longer stop/start my Wi-Fi adapter or change the hostednetwork MAC, even though the windows task was still enabled and running. Afterwards I tried MACycle and I attempted to set up Darkknigh_t's HomePass relay approach, doing ICS between an Ethernet adapter and the hostednetwork instead, but I never once got any receive data through the connection. Plus, without knowing the password that nzone uses when configuring the hostednetwork, I couldn't test the connection with any other non-3DS devices.

EDIT: Also, if you are the guy, thanks for your efforts.

Reactions: Troopage

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Wait, are you the author of nzone.exe? If so, can you tell me what the hostednetwork key is for ConsoleNintendo3DS, and how you knew to use it?

I had problems using nzone because over time, nzone would no longer stop/start my Wi-Fi adapter or change the hostednetwork MAC, even though the windows task was still enabled and running. Afterwards I tried MACycle and I attempted to set up Darkknigh_t's HomePass relay approach, doing ICS between an Ethernet adapter and the hostednetwork instead, but I never once got any receive data through the connection. Plus, without knowing the password that nzone uses when configuring the hostednetwork, I couldn't test the connection with any other non-3DS devices.

EDIT: Also, if you are the guy, thanks for your efforts.
When it stops changing MAC, just run nzone with no parameters, it will try to change to the next address and you will see the error if any.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
On a machine that has not done any of this in the past I used one line -
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key=password

and then used this program to start and cycle MACs
it works to cycle the MAC on the physical adapter when I select that in the settings but it doesn't work to change the virtual adapter's MAC when I change to that in the settings, which is it supposed to be set to?

DeaGrimm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I'm trying to make MAClycle work on:

Windows 7
+Dell wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-card
+Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter -> softAP

I was using nzone.exe buuuut it stopped working, I would leave it a whole afternoon running (3+ hours) and no passes.
Yes, it did change the WLAN Mini-Card's MAC (and, by default, the softAP's MAC) but when I looked at the device status bites were being sent but none were received.

Any hostednetwork created by me can be accessed by the 3DS and connect to the internet (bytes are being sent AND received) 3DS's browser works. The hostednetwork created by nzone.exe, for reasons unknown to me, cannot connect to the internet (bytes are sent but none are received) even though the device says it has access (IPv4) to the Internet I would test it in the 3DS but I dunno the password to the hostednetwork created by nzone.exe .

My current reasoning: if nzone.exe can change my Wireless 1397 Mini-Card's MAC there is no reason why MACycle shouldn't be able to do the same.

But when I run MACycle even though it says it's changing the MAC, when I go take a look, the WLAN Mini-Card's MAC didn't change.

I have...
~ one cable connection ~ device name: Cable (shared connection to the hostednetwork)
~ one wireless connection ~ device name: Wi-Fi
~ one softAP connection ~ device name: Homepass / hostednetwork SSID: NZ@McD1

In MACycle's settings I choose Wi-Fi (the wireless device) and I tried with "Use Hostednetwork" both checked and unchecked.

So, hum, help?

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
MACycle cannot be used with hostednetwork currently. Or rather, hostednetwork cannot be used for any current homepass setups. If your wifi AP can be setup without using hostednetwork, you are not bound by this restriction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    +2
    "My party doesn't lie!!" ummm politician not lying? Has hell frozen over? lol
    +1
    Tries calling them
    +2
    Reach around and touch someone! AT&T!!!
    +1
    Especially me :D:evil::shy:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol +1