If you get any bugs that aren't documented, let me know in this thread!
Welcome to MACycle! This program designed for HomePass is conceptualized from Chaldron's MAC Cycler, however, it's written in .NET and has plenty of features:
1. The same defined order that's in MAC Cycler. (See this page for more info!)
2. A randomizer that randomizes the MACs you're using so you get different people all the time.
3. The ability to use custom MAC addresses (So you can Streetpass with friends that are far away).
4. Some speciality MACs (The Nintendo World NY ones, and they're built-in!) to try.
5. The ability to append your own list of MAC addresses, as well as share them!
-Windows 7/8 (Or, if you're using XP, a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Adapter, then follow instructions in this post.)
-Active Internet connection
-A working Nintendo Zone hotspot with the name "Wi-Fi" on your computer (Like Chaldron's program requires)
-.NET Framework 4.0 minimum
And with over 20,000* downloads, you can't go wrong with MACycle!
(Images from V1.30)
Currently, I have all features coded and working to a high degree of functionality, that being listed below:
Features (A checkmark shows completeness, or else percentage shows how much is done.)
-Sequential MAC cycling - ✓
-Random MAC cycling - ✓
-Custom MAC input - ✓
-Nintendo World MAC input - ✓
-Parse and use a custom user-generated list - ✓
-Next/Pause/Resume buttons - ✓
Currently known bugs:
-Some MACs don't switch nicely (See below for potential solution)
-Windows XP cannot cycle correctly (Pending WMI Queue)
-ICS support (To fix issues with switching MAC addresses)
And last, but definitely not least, some credits:
-Chaldron for the original script for changing MACs, MAC Cycler, which gave me inspiration to write this.
-Everyone that helped Chaldron debug his application.
-The people that took the time to write out this set of MACs that most of the cyclers here are using.
[email protected] for rewriting and improving the entire program's efficiency, as well as galnol for the V2.00 refactor and subsequent improvements.
-BLaZiNiX for the C# INI class (Link)
-pyorin for the MACycle logo and icon (It looks fantastic!)
-Everyone that submitted a bug report and/or suggested a feature for MACycle. Without you, this program could just run itself into the ground.
-If I forgot you, PM me and I'll add you!
Some additional notes
If you need to delete your hostednetwork settings to set up a new SSID, do the following:
1. Open regedit (Press WinKey+R, then type "regedit", and hit Enter).
2. Browse to the following registry key:
4. Restart your computer.
To verify that the settings are deleted:
1. Start Command Prompt as an Administrator.
2. Type "netsh wlan show hostednetwork" and press Enter. It should show "Settings: <Not Configured>". If not, search your registry for all traces of the previous SSID you used and delete their folders, then restart and check again.
Feel free to reply, and see if you'd like to see more MACs added, or what have you. I think it has all the features it should need, but if there's anything you don't see, ask about it and I'll see if I can manage to add it.
*Downloads is total amount of downloads between all released versions of MACycle, excluding source code.