MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by loco365, Aug 21, 2013.

?

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    94.6%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Are you able to use Chaldron's program? This does what his does, just in a Windows program, with more MAC addresses. I haven't used a third-party virtual router app since I'm able to use a hosted network, so I don't know how to set this up for something like those.

2. AndyN

AndyN Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2013
    United States
    Arkansas
    No, I haven't used his program. I have to leave for work in a few minutes. So I will look for his program and give it a try tonight. I do really like the way yours is set up. Very easy to navigate.

3. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    Got it working but it seems that my Wireless LAN USB still has problems to reconect to the internet even with the cooldown activated... guess I have to buy a better one.

4. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Yeah. This program works in the same way, so if you're not using a hostednetowork, it may not work for you. I still have a lot to do and I might add some more modes for compatibility, so I'm going to look at what programs there are that I can add to this. My biggest thing, right now, though, is checking for Windows XP compatibility. Has anyone successfully ran this on XP yet?

5. MattDragon

MattDragon Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2011
    Italy
    Really interesting... I find out some bugs:

- NW MACs did't work for me (i think so, i didn't try so hard... ^_^)
    - The program uses too much CPU and my PC need to power up the fan a LOT (uses 50% of my i3 CPU, while MAC Cycle MAX 0-1%)

Please keep going, it's a really cool project! ^_^

6. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Well, that's because MAC Cycle is a simple batch script, whereas this is a .NET application, so that's why his uses so little. I'll see what's causing the intense CPU usage and see if I can reduce it a bit, if not a lot.

Anyways, I have a small list of planned features for the next version (V.1.02) :

1. Prime MAC-only mode (For Random and Sequential)
    2. Self-check for macshift (Ensure it's in the proper location and properly named) This was supposed to be in V1.00, but it slipped my mind and I haven't got around to it lol.
    3. Reduced CPU usage (I think I know what's causing it, but I'm not 100% sure at the moment), or just minor tweaks to make sure it's not bogging users down at the least.

7. BerserkLeon

BerserkLeon Not-so-new member

Mar 22, 2010
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    HostedNetwork functionality wasn't added until at least Vista, so I'm pretty sure it won't work on XP.

8. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    But what about using a wireless adapter? Wouldn't it work in a similar way?

9. BerserkLeon

Mar 22, 2010
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    if the driver comes with a utility that can act as a softap, then sure. A lot of them back on XP came with utilities, but I didn't see many that would act as a softAP. I suppose I could test my RTL8192CU on an XP VM... since it does come with an XP driver, and the 7 version's utility does act as a softap.

Youd just have to code for it, or manually turn it on/off each time you change the mac.

10. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Well, I'll have to start a requirements list then.

11. kantaris

kantaris Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2007
    United States
    Confirming that the application works for me.
    HP Elitebook using all built in hardware. Win7 x64 Enterprise, all legal software installed.

12. MirkoD

MirkoD Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Wilhelmshaven, Niedersachsen
    I'm using the XP-SP-Guide with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. Running your Tool brings the CPU to 100% and after 2 Mac-changes there isn't anything more... the System hangs and no Macs where changed anymore...

13. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I've never heard of this method. Can I see it?

Edit: V1.10 is well on its way. I have Prime-Only mode implemented and working fully, as well as a check to see that macshift exists. Once I get this CPU usage down (If I can), I'll be releasing it. I know what's causing it (While loops), but I can't seem to solve it yet.

Edit 2: Got rid of the extreme usage (I think.) Will be releasing soon.

Dartz150 likes this.
  14. BerserkLeon

Mar 22, 2010
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    I can Confirm that the main realtek driver/utility for RTL8188CUS/RTL8192CU doesn't work under windows XP for softAP creating, likely because the hostednetwork function wasn't added until vista.

15. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    It only works with 7/8, vista hasn't the hosted network... BTW I have that same chipset.

16. BerserkLeon

Mar 22, 2010
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    That's odd, I could've sworn the option was there in vista. Though looking around the net, it seems you're correct. Netsh was in Vista, but hostednetwork didn't come til 7.

17. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Alright. Well, I've made it Win 7/8 only for now, but feel free to try other versions of Windows. I found the cause of the CPU usage (while loops that don't do anything), so I replaced them with thread sleep timers for now, seeing as the program freezes anyway.

Edit: V1.10 is now released! Give it a try and let me know if any bugs occur! I've (hopefully) reduced CPU usage, I've added Prime-Only mode (Check the settings tab), and added the self-check for macshift.

http://bit.ly/1aNM2Ze

18. MirkoD

MirkoD Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2008
    Gambia, The

It's the XP-Version in the official Guide...
    Here -> http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/#WindowsXP

19. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    That one uses different programs from the basic method Chaldron uses. And since I don't have XP nor do I have a Nintendo USB adapter, I cannot test that, nor can I create the code for it.

Edit: Actually, try the latest version, V1.10. If it works with hostednetworks, it could work for this, but I'm making no promises.

20. MirkoD

MirkoD Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2008
    Gambia, The

I tried 1.10 and it seems to work. The screen freezes as mentioned but i got my hits =)
    Perhaps you could build in a Function to save the "Other MACs" or to open a List of "Other MACs"?

And it would be nice if the settings could be saved so that you don't have to change it everytime again.