Hacking m3 lite not working with gba roms?

thiswayup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All

Just got myself a m3lite micro SD. I manged to get my NDS roms to work fine but having trouble doing the same with ANY GBA rom.

Tried a few of them, SOM, earthworm jim, zelda mini cap....but no luck.
I have been using the sw provided tried the following:
- uploading rom as zip and unziped
- tried under "rom patch" the different levels of patching (soft/h-w support1/h-w support2)with some of the games
- upgrading to v29 desktop sw and firmware v29
- loading the sw with and without the super card

but no go, i can see the roms but it just tries to load it freezes at the end of the load. The screen just freezes when i try to load with the super card. If i try to load without the super card, it loads then gives me this msg:

"Warning! Card has not been formatted. Please shut down and insert a formatted SD card. Or Press continue anyway"
Obviously that is incorrect else I would not be able to see the roms in the first place and I can play NDS roms off it.
I then need to restart as I can no where.

HELP!!!!!!

thiswayup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also tried with another 1 gb micro sd.....doh! Looks im gettin unlucky!

What brands is compatible and is there a reference page for this info?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Is your memory card formatted with FAT16 or FAT32? Apparently GBA mode only works with FAT32 for some reason.

dirtyweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your memory card formatted with FAT16 or FAT32? Apparently GBA mode only works with FAT32 for some reason.

Yessss! It worked! Thanks!

also needed to take out the passcard for anyone reading this and new to this whole thing. Can't run it with it in.
Thanks again!
You don't have to take the Passcard out.

You can reach GBA mode two ways:
#1. Turn on the DS while holding select to get to the DS menu, then choose GBA mode.
OR
#2. Boot up the M3 and at the M3 menu, press start to boot GBA mode.

GBA roms work on FAT16 but you have to load games by pressing start (roms will load slower).
Always do a search before making a post, this information can be found in MANY threads...
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)