EZ Flash is not loading

Cariba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I have an original GB with back lit mod and power regulator added. (NOT IPS modd)
I got an EZ Flash junior. I bought a 8G ScanDick SD card. I initially loaded the SD card (without trying to format it) with the files downloaded form their site ezgb.dat and update_FW4.gb. and added a few unzipped GB ROMS in a sperate folder. FIrst time everything booted and I seen my games and tried to launch but gave me an error reading file message.
I figured it was cause games ROMS where not uncompressed, so I took out SD card and deleted the zipped files and added uncompressed ROMS. Note I did extract some ROMS directly to SD card.

When I reinserted the SD card and flash cartridge into GB it would NOT load up, no logo nothing.

I've tried:
-reformatting to proper specs
-new batteries on console
-various other things.

Not able to get it to load at all now.

Any suggestions?

I have a few questions though:
-the downloaded files are not the actual software the flash cart needs right? seem to be an update file? There are instruction to run the update file (unfortunately first time I didn't do that - but I cant see why now I cant get it to boot)
-The files mentioned above just go in the SD card main section, no need to create a new folder for them? what is the second file with .dat extension?

Thanks in advance all,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have an original GB with back lit mod and power regulator added. (NOT IPS modd)
I got an EZ Flash junior. I bought a 8G ScanDick SD card. I initially loaded the SD card (without trying to format it) with the files downloaded form their site ezgb.dat and update_FW4.gb. and added a few unzipped GB ROMS in a sperate folder. FIrst time everything booted and I seen my games and tried to launch but gave me an error reading file message.
I figured it was cause games ROMS where not uncompressed, so I took out SD card and deleted the zipped files and added uncompressed ROMS. Note I did extract some ROMS directly to SD card.

When I reinserted the SD card and flash cartridge into GB it would NOT load up, no logo nothing.

I've tried:
-reformatting to proper specs
-new batteries on console
-various other things.

Not able to get it to load at all now.

Any suggestions?

I have a few questions though:
-the downloaded files are not the actual software the flash cart needs right? seem to be an update file? There are instruction to run the update file (unfortunately first time I didn't do that - but I cant see why now I cant get it to boot)
-The files mentioned above just go in the SD card main section, no need to create a new folder for them? what is the second file with .dat extension?

Thanks in advance all,
Tried on a stock gb?

Cariba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do not have a completely stock GB to try. BUT it did at first work enough to see roms etc, if my GB mods were an issue would it have gotton to that stage 1st time?

Also, FYI:
- I do have a GBC IPS modded I can try this cartirdige with (I have a kirbizz everdrive cartridge that works on this BUT not on the GB - which I think may be to the GBC ROMS on it or type of SD card used with the everdrive?)
- This EZ flash has only GB ROMS (I even tried with just one ROM)

moon_rabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
ezgb.dat file is absolutely required to run junior.
It's like the Windows OS on a computer.

/
/SAVER
ezgb.dat

Your SD card should be organized like this, with a SAVER folder and an ezgb.dat file by default.

If the SD card is not read at all.
Disassemble the Junior and check condition of SD card slot.
Then format an SD card 32 gigabytes or smaller with sdcardformatter and try again.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

Cariba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tired this EZ Junior on the GBC and it works, so I don't think its an issue with reading the SD card.
I tried (after re formatting with that software) with no ROMs installed even, nothing works - on the GB.

not sure why it worked that one time, now it doesn't.

Last edited by Cariba,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse