Status
Not open for further replies.

Geeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, I was wondering if someone can help me. I'm trying to make Luma for MSET to work but I can't make it work. I've followed a lot of guides and nothing works :( someone can help me? Maybe I'm missing something?

And please don't tell me things like "MSET is so old" "MSET sucks", thanks!

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was wondering if someone can help me. I'm trying to make Luma for MSET to work but I can't make it work. I've followed a lot of guides and nothing works :( someone can help me? Maybe I'm missing something?

And please don't tell me things like "MSET is so old" "MSET sucks", thanks!
Do you have arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma (as well as Luma3DS.dat) on the root of your SD card? Did you install Luma's mset exploit using Luma3DS.nds?

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enabled ErrDisp to see the contents of an error happening.
I am running NTR which could be facilitating this error and my own files.
I know which file is causing the error.
I do not know what the error is.

I do not have a detailed dump, just "FATAL ERROR" and the following:
PID: 0x00040000_0016AD00
REV: 61293
AID: 0x00040000_0016AD00
ADR: 0x0056920
RSL: 0xE0E046BC
Level: -4
Summary: 7
Module: 17
Desc: 700

This happened on the latest stable 6.6 and hourly (lumaupdater).
I am running 11.3 on an O3DS with a9lh luma.
This is beyond me, but just in case... Have you tried downloading the arm9loaderhax.bin and copying it to your SD card manually? I've seen a lot of instances where the updater doesn't work properly and copying the file manually makes it work.

Geeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

lgnmcrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to make Luma3DS not start up with the configuration menu on a "new" blank SD card (given that there's a config and a9lh bin on the CTR Nand)?

Lis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question, since I moved the emunand to sysnand during a9lh+luma installation, when I made a backup/copy of my SD card to my pc, it takes about 60 gb simply because of the games installed. Is there any way to reduce the size of the copy to just barebones a9lh+luma by deleting a folder(?) containing the installed games. The cia files of the games are already deleted. Or any other options to achieve this?

In short: how can I reduce the size of the copy of my SD card with a9lh+luma in my pc by removing the installed games?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to make Luma3DS not start up with the configuration menu on a "new" blank SD card (given that there's a config and a9lh bin on the CTR Nand)?
You could use Kecleon. It's designed to give you a "clean" SD.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quick question, since I moved the emunand to sysnand during a9lh+luma installation, when I made a backup/copy of my SD card to my pc, it takes about 60 gb simply because of the games installed. Is there any way to reduce the size of the copy to just barebones a9lh+luma by deleting a folder(?) containing the installed games. The cia files of the games are already deleted. Or any other options to achieve this?

In short: how can I reduce the size of the copy of my SD card with a9lh+luma in my pc by removing the installed games?
You would have to delete most of Nintendo 3DS folder. You'd have to look up which folders. I don't know them off hand. I think you can tell by the title ID of the games. It'll be under 00040000 or something (I don't remember exactly. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can direct you better.) with other numbered folders inside. The title ID is broken into two parts.

Reactions: lgnmcrules

Lis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You could use Kecleon. It's designed to give you a "clean" SD.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You would have to delete most of Nintendo 3DS folder. You'd have to look up which folders. I don't know them off hand. I think you can tell by the title ID of the games. It'll be under 00040000 or something (I don't remember exactly. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can direct you better.) with other numbered folders inside. The title ID is broken into two parts.
So in case I find the right folders, will it not mess up the SD card copy since the games were "installed" and not just copy-pasted. I could just delete the folders and the games will just be gone as if it was never installed if I use the SD card copy?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in case I find the right folders, will it not mess up the SD card copy since the games were "installed" and not just copy-pasted. I could just delete the folders and the games will just be gone as if it was never installed if I use the SD card copy?
If you're trying to do this on the SD card, I would suggest using the System or something like FBI to delete them. FBI has delete title and ticket option. If you're doing this for backup purpose on PC and to save space, I don't think it matters. You can just reinstall the game on your 3DS if you ever have to restore.

Reactions: Lis

souther

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope someone can help me please. Everything was working fine (Thanks Aurora) on O3dsxl 11.2 emu. Booting Luma via Menuhax worked 90% 1st time, almost always 2nd time after restart. Asked for update yesterday, said no. That was that. Now black screen when booting into Luma via menuhax every time (tried 7+ times). Have changed nothing so stumped as to why it's not working now. Anyone else have similar issues? All thoughts appreciated.

novren

Have a banana!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hope someone can help me please. Everything was working fine (Thanks Aurora) on O3dsxl 11.2 emu. Booting Luma via Menuhax worked 90% 1st time, almost always 2nd time after restart. Asked for update yesterday, said no. That was that. Now black screen when booting into Luma via menuhax every time (tried 7+ times). Have changed nothing so stumped as to why it's not working now. Anyone else have similar issues? All thoughts appreciated.
1. You're sure you haven't updated?
2. Why are you still using emunand? You can very easily move to arm9loaderhax and inject your emunand into sysnand as if nothing ever happened, especially since you are most likely on 9.2 sysnand, which is a very easily hackable firmware.

Gekkouga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm using Emunand (Sys 9.2, Emu 11.3, unlinked) w/ Luma v6.1 developer edition. Today I wanted to switch to Luma v6.6 but my 3DS auto shuts down whenever I try to boot into it. I'm not even able to get into the luma settings to follow the troubleshooting guide. I already tried if deleting the config.bin would allow me to open the settings, no success. Switching back to v6.1 works again. Could i install the NS and Homemenu cia files on it and then switch to v6.6?
(A9lh elitists stay away, thanks.)

EDIT: It's an European N3DSXL.

Last edited by Gekkouga,

Gekkouga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I also had times where Menuhax wouldn't boot Luma after trying for like 50 times thanks to the low bootrate. Updating to 11.3 shouldn't change anything if you accidentally did that. Maybe you should just keep trying or check if your sd card is corrupted or the files aren't intact anymore.

souther

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick responses. SD not corrupted checked sizes of files and all files seem intact. It didn't update double checked that too. Previously updated in the emu CFW with no issues. Without SD it's on 9.2 E normal before the CFW was installed. Will keep trying to boot just in case I get lucky somehow though. Re A9LH, it took me quite a while just to get to the stage running CFW starting again (all this very new to me) from scratch may make me go a bit insane unless I can skip a few steps having already got to the emunand/sysnand linking and all the files in the right places and folders. What I was thinking was to possibly reload HS emu app if that's the issue ie. going into the emu firmware environment but as so many files want to make sure I don't double up/cause some sort of file confliction

If I started from scratch and loaded all the backups back onto the SD card format etc I'm assuming any saved data would be gone?

Dragonyka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wanted to downgrade to 2.1 on my new3ds like it's written on the 3ds guide but the brick on sleep mode really scare me...
It's only happen before I "install" luma3ds ?

Dragonyka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I haven't found the answer on the guide (or I'm just blind), I have also looked on the luma3ds wiki on github and even use the research thing on gbatemp.

Dragonyka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But the brick happens only before I installed luma3ds or not ? Sorry if I'm not clear...
I saw after on the guide I have to restore the backup of the nand, but I want to be sure.

Last edited by Dragonyka,

lgnmcrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just don't close it until the end if you're that paranoid. You will only brick from closing the lid like that on 2.1, your backup is (hopefully) not 2.1; therefore, after restoring the backup, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto