Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a bunch! I get really nervous doing anything like this.

There is nothing to be nervous about, switching CFW is just running another program. Now if it was installing a9lh, i would understand that, that was scary.

Not trying to be rude here, just saying there is nothing to worry about.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the issues with the 6.5 update just temporary that can be fixed later on?

I'm still on 6.3.1 and I'm debating whether to update or wait for things to get sorted out.

Puddies

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have read, that arm9loaderhax.bin has to be copied to the CTRNAND (using FBI or GodMode9).

Is this necessary?
And do I have to do this before I update Luma3DS to 6.5?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest update breaks DS and GBA games (it warns you about this in the update notes.) I'm just wondering if this is a temporary issue that will get fixed or not.
So I read the update notes, and I'm confused on how it breaks DS/GBA games. Can you explain how it breaks them?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does it break games that arent out yet?

I'm not even sure if they are even leaked either.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I read the update notes, and I'm confused on how it breaks DS/GBA games. Can you explain how it breaks them?
Please note that starting with this release, Luma won't support pre-patched FIRMs or other system titles with the same patches Luma does. Common pre-patched titles include NS, Home Menu, TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM (in these cases you will either get a svcBreak in loader or a shutdown when launching DS/GBA games). Clean versions of these titles need to be reinstalled before upgrading (the wiki will be updated with a walkthrough soon™).

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel

Please note that starting with this release, Luma won't support pre-patched FIRMs or other system titles with the same patches Luma does. Common pre-patched titles include NS, Home Menu, TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM (in these cases you will either get a svcBreak in loader or a shutdown when launching DS/GBA games). Clean versions of these titles need to be reinstalled before upgrading (the wiki will be updated with a walkthrough soon™).
but this is not really news, pre patched twl_firm and agb_firm had issues for a while.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What if we haven't touched those firms? I just launched Emerald from my Home Menu and it launched perfectly fine. v6.5, A9LH 2DS 11.2.0-35U.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know what to say guys. I read the update notes and it kinda scared me off from trying the latest update. I dont even play DS and GBA games but I didnt want any features hindered in case I do want them.

I guess I'll go ahead and get on 6.5 too.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
DS and GBA ...like Home menu patched , have some issues with last builds , so reinstall clean version of agb and TWL and its solved

great upgrade @Aurora Wright ...our godness :wub::wub::wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto