Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I restored my old 2.1 unbricked sysnand (Downgraded myself at February) in my New 3DS... but won't boot. Does anyone confirmed this work?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think the 2.x/1.x patches only work on Old3DS
Well, it makes sense.

N3DS or 2DS were never meant to have 2.1 in it.

Don't. 2.1 can't be put in sleep mode on n3DS. Or brick. I guess A9LH allows you to fix it, but... It's annoying, I suppose

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk
I know, it is the biggest warning on the guide. Probably due to the same as I said above. (N3DS or 2DS were never meant to have 2.1 in it.)
Of course, this is for testing only.
Neither put N3DS in sleep mode nor format system settings on 2DS below 6.x

On a side note, the guide says it's "unrecoverable brick". Wondering if we can revert it with either hardmod or will hourglass9 still boots.
Don't feel playing "guinea pig" on that one.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, it makes sense.

N3DS or 2DS were never meant to have 2.1 in it.

I know, it is the biggest warning on the guide. Probably due to the same as I said above. (N3DS or 2DS were never meant to have 2.1 in it.)
Of course, this is for testing only.
Neither put N3DS in sleep mode nor format system settings on 2DS below 6.x

On a side note, the guide says it's "unrecoverable brick". Wondering if we can revert it with either hardmod or will hourglass9 still boots.
Don't feel playing "guinea pig" on that one.
2DS works fine for the most part, as it is the same as an o3DS, it's similar enough that instead of making a separate firmware, they just updated the o3DS files to support the 2DS hardware. The only real issues are the top screen being stretched and the lack of a 3d slider making it impossible to get past the setup screen.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
2DS works fine for the most part, as it is the same as an o3DS, it's similar enough that instead of making a separate firmware, they just updated the o3DS files to support the 2DS hardware. The only real issues are the top screen being stretched and the lack of a 3d slider making it impossible to get past the setup screen.

The 2DS is based on O3DS hardware but was release on 6.x and if you get it to a FW 6.x and above, the 3D softbrick won't happen.

Only thing I'm trying to do is retracing the work I've done when downgraded to 2.1 on the OLD guide.
The N3DS was working with the unbricked 2.1 only to get the OTP and never worked with A9LH installed.

If it launches with A9LH now, people who, by chance loose their OTP (for exemple) can now get it back without much hassle. (Me thinks)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the very same ones.
I am not asking to proove anything but how do you know they did? Usually if they were involved, their company brand would be somewhere to recognize. All 3DS sega classics, have the logo splashscreen in the games, the sega games on PSN and xbla also have it. Even the NEO GEO Games ON PSN have it. But no GBA games have the logo.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I am not asking to proove anything but how do you know they did? Usually if they were involved, their company brand would be somewhere to recognize. All 3DS sega classics, have the logo splashscreen in the games, the sega games on PSN and xbla also have it. Even the NEO GEO Games ON PSN have it. But no GBA games have the logo.

You mean like Nintendolife? Or even right here? Or their own website ?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is only the wii u Port of GBA, not the 3DS, correct? I'm glad to know that they are making this possible. Especially super mario advance 4 with the E-reader levels :)
Been hoping for some of the GBA games like that mario or megaman battle network games to be on 3DS, the extra content is what baiting me in. Unlike most ports, the one i am proud of most are only by M2 :D

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
So is only the wii u Port of GBA, not the 3DS, correct? I'm glad to know that they are making this possible. Especially super mario advance 4 with the E-reader levels :)
Been hoping for some of the GBA games like that mario or megaman battle network games to be on 3DS, the extra content is what baiting me in. Unlike most ports, the one i am proud of most are only by M2 :D

Yes, just the emulator for Wii U GBA VC. The 3DS doesn't use emulation for it's GBA VC games.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
AFAIK, A9LH won't fix this. The N3DS 2.1 sleep brick apparently damages something in the power management hardware, not the NAND.
Huh, so it is like the LED brick?

azure289

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to fix an online connectivity error by updating the arm9loaderhax.bin, my 2ds wouldn't boot so I went back to my old bin and now I'm stuck at the config screen. It will not save my choices, just refreshes without moving on.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Tried to fix an online connectivity error by updating the arm9loaderhax.bin, my 2ds wouldn't boot so I went back to my old bin and now I'm stuck at the config screen. It will not save my choices, just refreshes without moving on.
See my response to your issue on github, boot the 6.1.2 bin an re-apply your settings.

Reactions: peteruk

azure289

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See my response to your issue on github, boot the 6.1.2 bin an re-apply your settings.
I did, it's not working. it freezes and won't load, I waited five minutes with no changes and then turned it off. I got a black screen on power up, then changed the bin back to my original 5.1.2 and the config screen showed up but has the same problem as my early post

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you very much! It worked! It also fixed the connectivity issue I was having before!

devleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is acess to the MVD Service enabled in Luma3DS?
Whenever I try to run the MVD Service Example, mvdstdInit() returns 0xd8e06406.
I'm running it via the homebrew menu via the homebrew menu launcher.

blinky87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated Luma through the system menu and now my 3ds powers up blank.

I have al9h installed. How do I get the old luma back so my system will boot again?

latehours101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi can anyone help me make monster generation work, i just followed plailect guide and completed the whole thing n everything is working except monster hunter(black screen), i know there is a fix for it to work in the wiki about path changing but i am a total noob and dont understand what it means.. can anyone show me step by step to make it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts