M2 helped Nintendo with Wii U Virtual Console GBA Games

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by WiiUBricker, Apr 5, 2014.

1. WiiUBricker
    OP

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    me.jpg

In case you weren't aware, Nintendo launched the first batch of GBA games on Wii U's Virtual Console service and despite the low resolution of GBA games, they look pretty good (supposedly better than the GBA ambassador titles on 3DS). The reason for this is clear now as it has been reported that M2 actually developed the GBA VC titles. M2 is a development studio, consisting of emulation experts that previously brought us the stunning SEGA 3D classics.

Source(s)

2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    M2? What about the other M?

*Wah wah waaaaaah*

zachtheninja, Ammako, ferofax and 2 others like this.
  3. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    M2?...hahaha why did I think of the cancelled 3DO sequel prototype, the Panasonic M2...derp. :P...must be all my bloody history of video games research :ninja:

4. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    M2 should help Sony out with it's PS2 emulator (if they aren't already) and maybe I can get Front Mission 4 and 5 on PS4 as PS2 classics.

5. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    M2? Makes sense. They also made great emulated ports for Namco Museum DS. Very enjoyable. Now, if they worked on the Super FX games for Super NES (Yoshi's Island and Starfox, I'm looking at you!).

6. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    That explains why the emulation is spot on, and they even included filtering (by pressing the right analog stick till it clicks), dayum, that's awesome:D