Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodrigo Mafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hold select whole turning it back on. Of that doesn't work just delete the config file in the luma folder. Also get off the dev build, download the normal version from the github.

Boot with the select button pressed doesn't open the Luma configuration, the respective payloads are in the right places, none of them works....(before check the Developer features all was working fine, I was already playing The Minish Cap) Thanks for the help, tonight I'll try to delete the files you mention...
Thanks for the help....

LennartL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How can i fix black screen on GBA games downloaded from eshop ambassador games in this case

LennartL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If a9lh fix your path

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
how do you mean i have a9lh installed and luma 3ds but has i said this is not a custom installed game. the game works but crash and get option to turn off or go back to homescreen

LennartL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no nothing like that even installed agb twil cia that is describd here
have issues with GBA/DS/DSiWare games and I have installed a patched AGB/TWL FIRM cia in the past

There have been some reports of pre-patched AGB/TWL FIRMs interfering with Luma3DS' built-in patching. Follow these steps to restore the unpatched Nintendo FIRMs:

1. Get the NAND FIRMs package from here
  2. From the package, copy O3DS AGB.cia and O3DS TWL.cia (if you have an Old 3DS), or N3DS AGB.cia and N3DS TWL.cia (if you have a New 3DS) to the SD card
  3. Open your favorite cia installer (the guide has been tested successfully with FBI 2.1). If you don't have one, it's outside the scope of this guide, look on GBATemp to check how to get your first cia installed
  4. Install the .cia files you copied in step 2
  5. Luma3DS should now be functioning normally

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

has someone a clue how it can be fixed?

panther_512

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
OK, as I said before I am with menuhax and have trouble loading my DS flashcard with Luma3DS. The flashcard is Supercard DSTWO (not the plus version), latest firmware.

The flashcard plays without problem with Reinand. With Luma3DS it gives black screen and freezes.

What I did up to now:

- Before Luma3DS : Playing DS Flashcard with Reinand and Cakes
- Installed Luma3DS: Luma3DS gives black screen and freezes, Reinand/Cakes play just Fine
- Updated Flashcard Firmware: Luma3DS black Screen and freezes, Reinand plays just Fine
- Changed the path of Luma3DS.dat (with and without "/"): Luma3DS black Screen and freezes, Reinand plays just Fine
- Downloaded and installed unpatched AGB and TWL Firmwares: Luma3DS black screen and freezes, Reinand plays just Fine
- Installed patched TWL firmware: Luma 3DS black screen and freezes, Reinand plays just Fine
- Installed TWL Slot-1 Launcher: Luma3DS gives black screen and freezes when I load the launcher, Reinand loads the launcher just fine
- Installed Whitelist v11264, Luma 3DS black screen and freezes, Reinand plays just Fine

- Installed again the unpatched TWL firmware, verified by getting error message on TWL Slot1 launcher: Luma3DS gives black screen and freezes when I try to load the DS flashcard, Reinand still plays it just Fine.

Last edited by panther_512,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no nothing like that even installed agb twil cia that is describd here
have issues with GBA/DS/DSiWare games and I have installed a patched AGB/TWL FIRM cia in the past

There have been some reports of pre-patched AGB/TWL FIRMs interfering with Luma3DS' built-in patching. Follow these steps to restore the unpatched Nintendo FIRMs:

1. Get the NAND FIRMs package from here
  2. From the package, copy O3DS AGB.cia and O3DS TWL.cia (if you have an Old 3DS), or N3DS AGB.cia and N3DS TWL.cia (if you have a New 3DS) to the SD card
  3. Open your favorite cia installer (the guide has been tested successfully with FBI 2.1). If you don't have one, it's outside the scope of this guide, look on GBATemp to check how to get your first cia installed
  4. Install the .cia files you copied in step 2
  5. Luma3DS should now be functioning normally

has someone a clue how it can be fixed?
Being impatient doesent help u get an answer any faster

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, as I said before I am with menuhax and have trouble loading my DS flashcard with Luma3DS. The flashcard is Supercard DSTWO (not the plus version), latest firmware.

The flashcard plays without problem with Reinand. With Luma3DS it gives black screen and freezes.

What I did up to now:

- Before Luma3DS : Playing DS Flashcard with Reinand and Cakes
- Installed Luma3DS: Luma3DS gives black screen and freezes, Reinand/Cakes play just Fine
- Updated Flashcard Firmware: Luma3DS black Screen and freezes, Reinand plays just Fine
- Changed the path of Luma3DS.dat (with and without "/"): Luma3DS black Screen and freezes, Reinand plays just Fine
- Downloaded and installed unpatched AGB and TWL Firmwares: Luma3DS black screen and freezes, Reinand plays just Fine
- Installed patched TWL firmware: Luma 3DS black screen and freezes, Reinand plays just Fine
- Installed TWL Slot-1 Launcher: Luma3DS gives black screen and freezes when I load the launcher, Reinand loads the launcher just fine
- Installed Whitelist v11264, Luma 3DS black screen and freezes, Reinand plays just Fine

- Installed again the unpatched TWL firmware, verified by getting error message on TWL Slot1 launcher: Luma3DS gives black screen and freezes when I try to load the DS flashcard, Reinand still plays it just Fine.
Path has no place in your setup

LennartL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i get that but when i did install N3DS AGB.cia and N3DS TWL.cia using fbi doesnt that affect my system nand even when using luma ?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok i get that but when i did install N3DS AGB.cia and N3DS TWL.cia using fbi doesnt that affect my system nand even when using luma ?
I don't understand what you're saying. If you installed the unpatched FIRM cias on New 3DS and it fails, arm9loaderhax.bin on the root isn't Luma3DS.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How can i fix black screen on GBA games downloaded from eshop ambassador games in this case the game start up can play a little while and then turn off console or back to home menu cames up with no reason and i installed N3DS AGB.cia and N3DS TWL.cia as you suggested on my n3ds.
do you have any clue how to fix this.
If the game starts Luma did its job. If you get crashes and reboots it's the game you're using, or you have hardware issues

Aurora Wright, do you have any hint regarding my case?
Same "hints" as for the user above, please read the troubleshooting part of the wiki... Ah, and you can't change the path for the .dat. The .dat must be Luma3DS.dat on the root

LennartL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well the game in this case is wario land 4. that i have dowloaded from eshop as part of amassador program i have.

ok will try to remove it and redownload and is that has any effect

panther_512

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Same "hints" as for the user above, please read the troubleshooting part of the wiki... Ah, and you can't change the path for the .dat. The .dat must be Luma3DS.dat on the root

Well, I have followed all applicable instructions in the wiki and from what people suggested here. I posted a list a few posts above.

No matter what I did, always Luma3DS gives a black screen and freezes the system, and always Reinand or Cakes will play the DS flashcard.

From what I see it freezes exactly at the point were the 3DS loads the DS firmware (the point were the screens go off and then starts at DS mode).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...