Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm begging to wonder though if we all enjoy hacking 3DS more than playing it.
Undeniably yes

I set up A9LH on a friend's system a few days back, and made an idiotic move which made me lose all my installed games/data (well, they weren't LOST, bit I didn't have a recent NAND backup, my most recent being just after downgrading to 9.2 my first time XD)

Even if I lost my 37+ Hours on Persona/Fantasy Life, it was worth it.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Well i did copy over everything, not only ctrnand, also did install the twl*.cia from the FAQ, also did in godmode9 some manual stuff that Aurora Wright told me to (wipe some old files), manually installed newer twl etc...
it keeps crashing with the power down system screen, on an other system (got a few to try on) with the same setup DSi works perfect, and both are the same age and whent to the same process of downgrade, upgrade, otp, etc...

[EDIT]
Anyway, got to go, will report this evening if i get to it.
You could create the emunand then downgrade it to 9.2 then update it to 10.7, that should fix the twl shit, if it does you can flash that emunand to your sysnand.

Reactions: astronautlevel

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The CIA is built fine, because .cia USA versions built the exact same way have working manuals. EUR version does not. And as my previous post, I turned the option off and the issue remains. Plus I don't really care that much about the instructions, I'm just interested in the region-emulation. I'd prefer to have this emulated via the .txt method, but it should be 100%. The other options is creating region-changed EmuNANDs (luckily Luma3DS offers you an "updated SysNAND" for your own region, plus 2 EmuNANDs, one for EUR and one for JPN). But that's not as elegant as having 100% region-emulation.

So I spent some time to set up a regionchanged (EUR) RedNAND (which, with A9LH and Luma3DS is incredibly easy) and the exact same CIAs work 100% fine, manual and all. I'm wondering if the 'Regional settings' can be emulated as well (perhaps as no limitations).

pinguino1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I spent some time to set up a regionchanged (EUR) RedNAND (which, with A9LH and Luma3DS is incredibly easy) and the exact same CIAs work 100% fine, manual and all. I'm wondering if the 'Regional settings' can be emulated as well (perhaps as no limitations).

I hope in the future exist more alternatives to do this without a diferent region of sys/emu NAND. (I have an EUR emunand to fix banners of the physical games, but is unnecessary using ar9lh)

Last edited by pinguino1234,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I updated to the latest commit, but now I'm confused of the payload loading system.
It has changed the names of the payloads many times since 4 or 5 versions ago. Luckily I got everything working again, it should stay like this forever.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it too much trouble to have the menu output on the bottom screen as well (for the only person in the world trying to use this with a non-working top screen.:unsure:)
@Aurora Wright

Last edited by Sleet,

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i'm a little left behind, everything's fine, but how to load NTR cfw with Luma 5.4? back in the days there was ntr firmware.bin...
booting via 10.7 emunand

Last edited by 20mark,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ntr firmware.bin...

The download link was moved from the project's description to the installation guide on github wiki!

I'm wondering if the 'Regional settings' can be emulated as well (perhaps as no limitations).
You mean country and (region/state/county/whatever)?
Config.cia :)

Is it too much trouble to have the menu output on the bottom screen as well?
Well, as a workaround, you could delete the settings file to have a known initial state and count the button presses... :\

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
new update, sweet !

i have a question , the default bin "Got rid of the default payload (start now boots "start_NAME.bin")" the default bin now has to be called start_name? so def_name is not needed anymore?

and in order for other payloads to work we have to name a payload to start_name from now yeha?

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, as a workaround, you could delete the settings file to have a known initial state and count the button presses... :\
I was trying that , but it seems risky to do much without being able to see any progress indicators. I just wish I could get video streaming working. I need to figure out a way to install ntrcfw.

Last edited by Sleet,

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
new update, sweet !

i have a question , the default bin "Got rid of the default payload (start now boots "start_NAME.bin")" the default bin now has to be called start_name? so def_name is not needed anymore?

and in order for other payloads to work we have to name a payload to start_name from now yeha?

there's no default payload anymore.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was actually just going to request the same exact thing, but with virtual console titles as well. I don't know how possible it would be, but it would be really neat and convenient to have a "force 1:1 pixel mode" for VC/DS titles. Maybe something like that could be implemented using yifanlu's loader?
i'd like to bring this up again. would an option like this be possible at all?

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i'm a little left behind, everything's fine, but how to load NTR cfw with Luma 5.4? back in the days there was ntr firmware.bin...
booting via 10.7 emunand
at start push select and enter luma config,uncheck 'sysnand is updated(a9lh only)' option and you will be fine with NTR in emunand or another is: don't uncheck 'sysnand etcc...' but when boot a9lh push R and enter in EmuS mode,NTR work there without problems too :) ps: remember to put the firmware.bin for NTR posted on the wiki page :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were not sure about the next 30 minutes though