Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It seems the patch doesn't have perfect compatibility yet.
Out of my games, I've tested it with: Pokémon (works), Kirby (fails), Zelda OoT (works), MK7 (fails), Luigi's Mansion 2 (fails).

I can't get Pokemon work. I'm playing EUR version in English. Created 000400000011C500.txt with JPN JP, the game is still in English.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME! SERIOUSLY, HOLY SHIT @Aurora Wright and @TuxSH! Just the commit is making me excited!

However... I can't get it to work with Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken. I have the "locales" folder in /aurei/ and a .txt file called "0004000000102F00.txt" with JPN JP in it, but the game hangs at the 3DS logo whenever I try to launch it. I have the option enabled in the AuRei settings menu too, of course. Anybody else experiencing this? I am trying to run the game via a US 10.7 emuNAND.

Have you tried Pokemon games yet?

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't get Pokemon work. I'm playing EUR version in English. Created 000400000011C500.txt with JPN JP, the game is still in English.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have you tried Pokemon games yet?

Pokemon games let you choose any language at start and are unaffected by this setting for changing the language. The use for this with Pokemon games is that setting the region lets you get that regions event Pokemon.

Your only way to change the language after starting a game is to delete the save or edit the save with pkhex.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pokemon games let you choose any language at start and are unaffected by this setting for changing the language. The use for this with Pokemon games is that setting the region lets you get that regions event Pokemon.

Your only way to change the language after starting a game is to delete the save or edit the save with pkhex.

Cool. I'll test when there is an event for US :D. The main reason for the new language feature is for foreign DLC, isn't it?

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool. I'll test when there is an event for US :D. The main reason for the new language feature is for foreign DLC, isn't it?

You could test it now if you wanted set it to KOR and use the code TUE05PM to get a shiny Xerneas

The only bad part I don't like is that some region info is saved in the Pokemon itself when you get it that would make a easy spot for Nintendo that you didn't get it right since not enough is spoofed.

Reactions: astronautlevel

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I found another game that doesn't work...Labyrinth no Kanata (beyond the labyrinth). There's a weird bug in the english patch that forcing the language/region should fix, but the 3DS errors out when I boot the game with the region/language patch feature turned on (gets past the Nintendo 3DS screen then crashes).

Last edited by 9thSage,

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure that the game has an English mode?
I'm using the english patch available for it. It works fine, there's just a bug with naming your character initially that happens that forcing region/language (to japanese, mind you, not trying to force it into English mode :P) supposedly fixes (I worked around it with a savegame provided by the makers of the patch that gives you a default name, but still would be interesting to see if it fixes the bug).

*edit*
Oh right, I forgot, the bug also affects the names of the rest of your party...which is why the save is essential if you don't have access to region/language emulation.

Last edited by 9thSage,

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Alright guys, so I heard that AuReiNand's latest update features language emulation, so I went ahead to try it out.

So I went ahead and added the text files as specified in the earlier post and enabled language emulation from the configs.

I ended up getting infinite load screens for 2 of the games I've tested so far. Majora's Mask and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, both being US.

Any ideas what I should do here?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Pokemon games. The region change works, but I'd still have to change the country and language to that of the region via PKHex.

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I test region change on my jap 3ds with jap pokemon
000400000011C500.txt USA EN
language not change because once you decide language when game begin you can not change it
but I test wifi Mystery gift
I can recive Jirachi
C(6E~U`471LJC4H}ML[~$]Q.jpg

Last edited by srwgin,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Thank you TuxSH and Aurora:)

From github, new commit;
Added region/language emulation feature, thanks to the hard work of @TuxSH

Create a "locales" folder inside aurei, and one .txt for each game, with the title id of the game. The txt must be exactly 6 bytes long: 3 characters for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN"), a space, and two for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW"). You can enable the feature globally in the config menu. This should also make DLCs for foreign games work.
You happen to have the newest a9lh withoutbscreen init still? I deleted it and need it for a buddy

Reactions: Februarysn0w

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that either the locale spoof does not work for me or that the Jirachi event does not work for EUR and JPN locale settings when the USA region event was used already.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested commit 308417a with the Hyrule Warriors Legends JP demo, and it doesn't seem to work. The patching code only applies language patches if the Title ID HI is 00040000; demos have 00040002.

Relevant line:
Code:
if((progId & 0xFFFFFFFF00000000LL) == 0x0004000000000000LL && R_SUCCEEDED(loadConfig()) && CONFIG(4))

Potential fix:
Code:
u32 title_hi = (progId >> 32);
if((title_hi == 0x00040000 || title_hi == 0x00040002) && R_SUCCEEDED(loadConfig()) && CONFIG(4))

I also converted the masks to a single shift, since that makes it a bit more readable. (It might slightly optimize as well, since it only needs to do a 32-bit comparison, but the difference should be negligible.)

EDIT: I can't seem to start a DS card from EmuNAND (10.7.0-32U) with 308417a. It hangs with the screens turned off, which is similar to what happens if TWL_FIRM is deleted. If I boot to SysNAND (9.2.0-20U), I can start the DS card normally. Both AuReiNand 4.1 (no TWL/AGB patching) and AuReiNand 4.2 (both with and without TWL/AGB patching) start DS cards from EmuNAND without an issue. [New3DS XL, USA region]

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: +N3DS

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the latest commit, I really appreciate it. The ability to play out of region dlc was by far my most wanted feature!

Just wanted to report that Shin Megami Tensei IV Final hangs on the 3ds boot screen with the language emulation feature. Everything is set up as it says in the commit, hopefully it can be fixed :)

EDIT: Detective Pikachu hangs as well, but Sega Fukkoku Archives 1, 2, and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire work great.

Thanks again.

Last edited by ongo_gablogian,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord: lol later gator that was good one @BigOnYa