Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is why i think it is lame, and would say mSD management > than the other ways.

unless using FTPbron. with Filezilla would give me 14mbps copy speeds lol
I'll reserve judgement for when I've played with it. I often have a hard time connecting to Windows 10 on my systems (although the O3ds seems to have better luck than N3ds. Ironic, since mSD management is an N3ds tool).

If ftpbrony works the first time every time, that's a big win. But looking at the GitHub, it's super outdated and isn't even called ftbrony anymore. Looks like the newer program only builds a .3dsx though.

In FileZilla: File->Site manager->New Site

Enter the info and hit ok.

In FileZilla, you can configure the number of connections. Not sure things would be as smooth or fast if typing the IP into explorer worked. If I can find a .cia of the updated ftpd, that can handle like 4 connections at once.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
If ftpbrony works the first time every time, that's a big win. But looking at the GitHub, it's super outdated and isn't even called ftbrony anymore. Looks like the newer program only builds a .3dsx though.
FTbrony is a fork of FTPony (the outdated one). Just use that CIA you found, it should work.

I think we should stop the offtopic, tech support about FTP should go into the threads of their own forks.

Last edited by EmuAGR,

VIERcntHOLZ

yep, theres missing an "u".
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As far as I tested it, and FTP Connection would be more convenient than this SD management tool (using FTP-3FS, via .cia)

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Version number is got from the Git release tag, Aurora just implemented an automatic replace so writing the number manually isn't needed.
WTF asked you

Something like v3.14.c75ed56 is desirable
Edit: Especially when there are so many commits

Last edited by Pacman`,

Kuroi-Akira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For someone who's never compiled anything before, how would I be able to compile the latest commit?

Great work as always Aurora :)

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to install devkitPro 1.6.0,
Add armips and bin2c.exe to a folder in your path (I used c:\devkitPro\msys\bin\)
Do git clone --recursive https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand.git inside a cmd window (from C:\)
Then do make inside a cmd window from C:\AuReiNand
Simple

EDIT: Install the latest vc_redist.x86.exe for armips to work :P
EDIT2: You need to install GIT, before doing git clone...

Last edited by Pacman`,

Fallen_Lucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem loading Aureinand v 3.12 and up (including the new 3.14) on my A9LH setup.

- I used FIX94's fork of A9LH to compile my arm9loaderhax.3dsx
- I'm using his arm9select to boot into Aureinand
- Here are my directories
- /arm9select/default.bin (aureinand's arm9loaderhax.bin renamed)
-/aurei/payloads folder , firmware.bin, firmware90.bin
-/arm9loaderhax.bin (arm9selects's arm9loaderhax.bin)
-/aureinand.dat (aureinand's .dat file)

If I rename the default.bin to default_bl.bin it will automatically turn my 3ds off. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but ever since the extra folders and loader.bin were removed from the aurei folder (3.12+) none of those versions work for me. If you need more information on my setup please ask. I've tried this so far on N3ds

When i boot it up it will boot up to a black screen when using 3.12+

Last edited by Fallen_Lucario,

Fallen_Lucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just stick with Aurora's stuff and it will be very simple (don't mix stuff up, until you know it's working properly)
https://github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases

The only reason I was using FIX94's fork is because I hated the backlight flicker with the other A9LH I used when I had dark samus' screen init installer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What problem are you having?
Yeah sorry I accidentally hit enter while typing up my comment, essentially I get a black screen with a blue light when i try to boot up any version over 3.11 of aureinand. If I load up 3.11 it works absolutely fine.

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Pacman`,
Reactions: astronautlevel
D

Deleted User

I'm having a problem loading Aureinand v 3.12 and up (including the new 3.14) on my A9LH setup.

- I used FIX94's fork of A9LH to compile my arm9loaderhax.3dsx
- I'm using his arm9select to boot into Aureinand
- Here are my directories
- /arm9select/default.bin (aureinand's arm9loaderhax.bin renamed)
-/aurei/payloads folder , firmware.bin, firmware90.bin
-/arm9loaderhax.bin (arm9selects's arm9loaderhax.bin)
-/aureinand.dat (aureinand's .dat file)

If I rename the default.bin to default_bl.bin it will automatically turn my 3ds off. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but ever since the extra folders and loader.bin were removed from the aurei folder (3.12+) none of those versions work for me. If you need more information on my setup please ask. I've tried this so far on N3ds

When i boot it up it will boot up to a black screen when using 3.12+

That's not how arm9select works.

If you want backlight you create an empty file named default_bl (no extension), if you're using windows open notepad, save the file and type default_bl. (notice nothing after period, and change file types to all files) [place the empty file in same folder as default.bin]
Leave default.bin as is.

Also the firmware.bin should be in the root of AuRei, not payloads.
You also don't need AuReiNAND.dat if you're using A9LH, just the arm9loaderhax.bin from AuRei as you have it in arm9select

Last edited by ,

Faolan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mind telling me your setup (like sysNAND, emuNAND, config files inside rei folder)?

Thanks!
Late reply lol

Select the installeda9lh option then reboot and hold L to boot emunand and menuhax boots gateway. While its booting I hold L and boot gateway sysnand mode. Make sure you have the launcher.dat also.

Reactions: mvmiranda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: