Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thank you again, I've uninstalled menuhax via the HBL. Now when I hold L it gives the garbled screen on top then gives me "an error has occured. Hold down the POWER button to turn off the power" screen. I'm wondering if there is more on my sysnand I need to remove like menuhax was.
just change your themes to basic one. this will fully remove you inastalled themehax.

Reactions: Skater4599

ThinksAmoral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you again, I've uninstalled menuhax via the HBL. Now when I hold L it gives the garbled screen on top then gives me "an error has occured. Hold down the POWER button to turn off the power" screen. I'm wondering if there is more on my sysnand I need to remove like menuhax was.

Try changing your Sysnand theme.

D

Deleted User

Try changing your Sysnand theme.

I have this issue as well, and I don't think it has to do with MenuHax. Removing the theme does nothing for me, it is the same error message a softbrick would display for me (I may or may not have intentionally softbricked more than once...). EDIT: shhhhhhhhhhhh Skater4599 with your fixed issues... :P

Everything other than that works fantastically for me, and I am very glad I can ignore everything and just use my N3DS as if nothing on it was modified. The ability to hide all the random boot menus or button presses and to just boot to emuNAND every time is great.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
If you're using the latest version of A9LH (and AuReiNAND), then yes.
Wait, how do I know what the "latest version of A9lh" is? I have the one from here but I noticed that it's been updated a couple of days ago:
https://github.com/capito27/arm9loaderhax

1- Is this what I should be looking at? or is there another source that I should be looking at?
2- Once I compile my otp with the latest source again, do I simply just run the new 3dsx again (installing a9lh over a9lh?) Or is there something else I should be doing?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Where can I get it?
Wait, how do I know what the "latest version of A9lh" is? I have the one from here but I noticed that it's been updated a couple of days ago:
https://github.com/capito27/arm9loaderhax

1- Is this what I should be looking at? or is there another source that I should be looking at?
2- Once I compile my otp with the latest source again, do I simply just run the new 3dsx again (installing a9lh over a9lh?) Or is there something else I should be doing?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/page-121#post-6113616

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
How does a9lhx and aureinand compare to regular reinand booting via menuhax on a new 3ds?

What are the main advantages?

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
So im stuck on a certain step on the guide to swap emunand to sysnand around, and thus decided to just undo all the steps i did. So i loaded Decrypt9 and decided to restore my sys and emu nands as i was under the impression THAT would undo everything i had done in try to swap the nands around. But after restoring both nand when i boot my 3ds it seem just to be loading sysnand and none of the games i had installed are showing and the 3ds home screen is just like when you do a system restore

Any ideas whats happened here, and how i can get back to the state my n3ds was before i attempted this guide??

Last edited by lettuce,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im stuck on a certain step on the guide to swap emunand to sysnand around, and thus decided to just undo all the steps i did. So i loaded Decrypt9 and decided to restore my sys and emu nands as i was under the impression that would undo everything i hap done in try to swap the nands around. But now when i boot my 3ds it seem just to be loading sysnand and none of the game i installed are showing and the 3ds home screen is just like when you do a system restore.

Any ideas whats happened here, and how i can get back to the state my n3ds was before i attempted this guide??
That means A9LH was removed. Reinstall it.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How does a9lhx and aureinand compare to regular reinand booting via menuhax on a new 3ds?

What are the main advantages?
10 seconds boot to emunand instead of 24 seconds, and i think you can always restore emunand and sysnand even if you update them to latest because you can run decrypt before those get loaded.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh and future things that will make it even more awesome

Reactions: 75mak

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
That means A9LH was removed. Reinstall it.

Thanks!!!, that worked a treat!!

So if there a more straigh forward guide to follow for swapping nands?, as i just couldnt boot into CFW after i had formatted the sysnand with tinyformat??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1