Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWade3051

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTR won't work with Aurora's mod on either O3DS (unless I'm mistaken? I know for a fact it won't with N3DS) or N3DS, since it uses FIRM from 10.4.
There is a NTR compatable version for both old and new 3ds on the 1st post, just have to use 10.2 fw for new and 9.6 fw for old 3ds.

Reactions: daxtsu

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NTR won't work with Aurora's mod on either O3DS (unless I'm mistaken? I know for a fact it won't with N3DS) or N3DS, since it uses FIRM from 10.4.
I could've sworn I was in the original thread. I think this mod needs a new name to stop old fogies like me getting confuddled.

sky007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Got a N3DS, 9.0 sysnand, 9.5 emunand, current on ReiNand 2.1 with CTRbootmanager.
Tried to update to this mod. But always stuck on splash screen. Any idea? Should I use old firmware bin as I am on 9.5 emunand?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Got a N3DS, 9.0 sysnand, 9.5 emunand, current on ReiNand 2.1 with CTRbootmanager.
Tried to update to this mod. But always stuck on splash screen. Any idea? Should I use old firmware bin as I am on 9.5 emunand?
Upgrade your EmuNAND to 10.4/5 and use the BIN necessary for this. You can find it on the ISO site.

Fureshyu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on rxtools 9.5 n3ds emunand. Would I be able to install reinand, put a path on my ctrbootmanager for it, then update to 10.5 reinand? Also, if i want to continue using ntr patcher, do I have to install the special version in the OP for 10.2 FIRM? If so, would I only be able to update to 10.2?

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just having a quick tidy up of the root of my msd, would someone mind letting me know if i still require this file please...

screenshots_raw

Thanks in advance :)

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for the speedy reply, i thought it best to check before deleting it, i will leave it be, thank you :)
You can delete it without harm. It's just the file that collects screenshots when you press the home button. You use scr tool in HBL to extract the images from it onto the sd card.

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can delete it without harm. It's just the file that collects screenshots when you press the home button. You use scr tool in HBL to extract the images from it onto the sd card.

Thanks mate, in that case i will delete it :)

I am proper OCD about tidying up things like msd, i shoud probably get help for it lol

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks mate, in that case i will delete it :)

I am proper OCD about tidying up things like msd, i shoud probably get help for it lol
I know what you mean, but you will probably find that this file pops up again as it's made everytime you press the home button after running hax (I think). At least, I haven't been able to find a way to disable it.

Reactions: peteruk

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I know what you mean, but you will probably find that this file pops up again as it's made everytime you press the home button after running hax (I think). At least, I haven't been able to find a way to disable it.
I think just put same name folder on the root of sdcard then its disabled.

Razor1993

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can you upload a seperate version which starts automaticly into SysNAND in Rei Mode?
i want to make it bootable in Ctr-Boot Manager. one ReiNAND for EmuNAND and one for SysNAND without pressing a button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: