Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
does it actually say version 2.0 Rosalina when you load it?

yeah. hm, after some testing it seems it works fine if I load it with my hblauncer cia (I want to remove it though), but if I use safety app it loads, says Rosalina 2.0, but trying to start anything just freezes the whole system. hm.
This is on new 3DS, 11.4 JP if that matters.

o3ds 11.4 EU does not have this problem, works fine when loaded through safety app and loads homebrew just fine.

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm gonna miss the Gridlauncher, but this looks pretty as fuck tbh.

Attachments

• DSC_0196.JPG
    DSC_0196.JPG
    499.4 KB · Views: 359

btyop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
But seriously, I'm a bit afraid for updating to B9S ver 1.2 and Luma ver 8.0.
It's been a long time since I need to literally take the microSD card from the devices, based on instruction how to update seems like it's unavoidable.

JerryShaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Tried to compile the latest 8.0 myself, compiled successfully but failed to boot, blue light on with black screen. But it didn't spear in the 7.1 and before.

Red_Wolf1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm so it seems luma wont chainload any firm files... i was trying to update b9s and i held start like i was supposed to. idk what to do to fix this unfortunately
im on luma 7.1 with a 128gb if that helps

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can we change the hb launcher loader title permanently (I don't want to do it everytime I boot the 3DS)?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, is there any way to make Save homebrew work with this? I can't make svdt or JKSM work with Rosalina.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did and put all the files in the correct places.the problem is luma wont chainload to launch safeboot9strapinstaller..

You didn't follow that page then because it says to remove the boot.firm in your SD card, get the SafeB9SInstaller and rename it as boot.firm so that the console loads it up first and you can update B9S. After that, grab the boot.firm from the latest Luma release, put that in the root of the SD card, and you're done.

Red_Wolf1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't follow that page then because it says to remove the boot.firm in your SD card, get the SafeB9SInstaller and rename it as boot.firm so that the console loads it up first and you can update B9S. After that, grab the boot.firm from the latest Luma release, put that in the root of the SD card, and you're done.
thats the update luma section, muy problem is that luma wont chainload while holding start to boot the firm file for safeb9sinstaller

LogicIsHansom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help my new 3ds won't boot after updating,the power light just turns on and then off a second later.

my sd is fine I'm on version 11.4 I have recently installed boot9hax without issue and have never had this happen before.

What happened was I used luma updater and it said it updated successfully and that I could press a to reboot
it only shut the 3ds down and when I tried to turn it on it only did what I mentioned above.

And since it can't boot I can't get into godmode9 or decrypt9 to use a backup.

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Help my new 3ds won't boot after updating,the power light just turns on and then off a second later.

my sd is fine I'm on version 11.4 I have recently installed boot9hax without issue and have never had this happen before.

What happened was I used luma updater and it said it updated successfully and that I could press a to reboot
it only shut the 3ds down and when I tried to turn it on it only did what I mentioned above.

And since it can't boot I can't get into godmode9 or decrypt9 to use a backup.
Update b9s

LogicIsHansom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait what?

That's it.

All I had to do was update the freaking b9s.

D

Deleted-236924

This is great, I was literally thinking of suggesting to implement a way for Luma to just load NTR on its own (so that NTR could always be loaded and regardless of extended memory mode, without needing to install separate launchers.)

And then out of the blue you just put out this major release that basically has its own take on NTR. Basically all that might be missing at this point is some way to load NTR plugins but personally I don't even really care much about any of those.

I see that taking & saving screenshots takes forever; what are the technical details behind that? Is there a possibility to have this process optimized/sped up in the future to make it more comparable to NTR or will it have to remain slow?

(Also, possibility of ever having a menu like that available in TWL or AGB mode? :D)

Last edited by ,

HenryLeonheart

Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone having trouble launching NTR CFW Selector after updating to Luma3DS to 8.0?

I always get the error

"Load failed!
#FILEOPEN_FAILURE
#LOAD_AND_EXECUTE

Press any key to reboot"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1