Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
That's really outdated.
https://github.com/mtheall/ftpd/releases is the new version.
There's also a fork. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ftpdb-ftpd-with-buildtools.430464/
And there's 3DS's own microSD management app. I haven't used it so I don't know how bad it is.

It's a bit of a pain with XL, but with non XL it's pretty easy. I just don't tighten the screws. It's pretty easy to pop the back plates off. FTP sucks for large files, but I guess you can use FBI to install wireless.

Thanks man :) apreciated =)

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
Can someone create a build that has game patching and code loading as two options? I'm honestly tired of having to switch between builds, one for smash mods (code_sections) and the other for pokemon code.ips (titles).

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone create a build that has game patching and code loading as two options? I'm honestly tired of having to switch between builds, one for smash mods (code_sections) and the other for pokemon code.ips (titles).
You can use code_sections for Pokemon. You just need to patch the code.bin, rename it to Sun/Moon's title ID, and stick it in the code_sections folder. That way you don't have to go back and forth.

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
You can use code_sections for Pokemon. You just need to patch the code.bin, rename it to Sun/Moon's title ID, and stick it in the code_sections folder. That way you don't have to go back and forth.
I figured it out with some help, all I had to do was make the three smash title id folders in the titles folder and place the code.bins that I renamed, running off nightly with saltysd working

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
There's a link for the luma 6.5 version? I can't find the latest commit for that version (f3322bd) in astronautlevel's mirror website and it's not working from github, only 6.6, and the language emulation seems to be broken on 6.6

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Returning Member and Noob status is in effect . 3ds xl on 9.9.0-26u , anyone a beginners guide to install this ?

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go out
follow video tutorial = dead + brick
Well the guy said the toturial he used was 3ds.guide and to follow that while watching the video and that he will update the description with important info. I would usally agree with you but I think in this case it is different.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened?
Well in most cases video guides are made and then in a month or two they become outdated. Resulting in what could lead you too a brick or a harder process for the video guide being outdated. I believe this is different with operationidriod because he says to follow the guide and his video at the same time and to check the description for updates. I mainly trust this guy because hes videos really got me into homebrew back in the tubehax days.

Last edited by gamemasteru03,

Kyle Mullen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well in most cases video guides are made and then in a month or two they become outdated. Resulting in what could lead you too a brick or a harder process for the video guide being outdated. I believe this is different with operationidriod because he says to follow the guide and his video at the same time and to check the description for updates. I mainly trust this guy because hes videos really got me into homebrew back in the tubehax days.
Agreed. The tutorial for arm9 came out yesturday, so it is as updated as possible as of now. As he says in the video, and as you mentioned, written guides can be updated unlike videos. It's just good for some people to have a visual for the important steps. I was fine with 3ds.guide though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol