Hacking Feedback Homebrew Moving from Haxchi to Aroma/Tiramisu

KirbyBot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been using Haxchi since around 2018 and been considering moving to Aroma/Tiramisu (gonna install both) for a while, and I plan on doing it tomorrow, because of stuff like NUSspli, Bloopair, Full Pretendo etc.; and I have some questions:

1) What are the cons compared to Haxchi? Like even the small things, I wanna know because I saw some people saying that there are no cons at all and others saying there a few, so it kinda of confused me.
2) Will the Haxchi forwarders still work?
3) Will every single game still work? This may seem dumb but I saw some threads of people saying some games stopped working.
4) Can I keep the Haxchi app till the end of installing in case something goes wrong with Tiramisu or Aroma or it'll brick?

And that's it! :yayu:

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tiramisu and Aroma don't have any (big) negatives over Haxchi for regular use. All regular games work, but very old homebrew might not, potentially including your forwarders. However aroma does automatically add all compatible homebrew on the SD card to your home menu, so you likely won't need the forwarders anyway. For anything that won't get added automatically you can likely find an updated forwarded.
Also anything that doesn't work under Aroma will very likely work under Tiramisu, and switching between the two is very easy. If you follow the guide you'll set both up as well.

The other big negative is that the installation process of Tiramisu / Aroma have a small chance to brick your console due to them affecting the boot loader directly, instead of just placing a modified game file into user space. However if you follow the guide carefully you shouldn't have any troubles. I upgraded from Haxchi recently and while it was a tad tedious it wasn't hard or complicated.
Just be sure to read the entire guide first at least once, and only then follow it through.

Reactions: KirbyBot

KirbyBot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tiramisu and Aroma don't have any (big) negatives over Haxchi for regular use. All regular games work, but very old homebrew might not, potentially including your forwarders. However aroma does automatically add all compatible homebrew on the SD card to your home menu, so you likely won't need the forwarders anyway. For anything that won't get added automatically you can likely find an updated forwarded.
Also anything that doesn't work under Aroma will very likely work under Tiramisu, and switching between the two is very easy. If you follow the guide you'll set both up as well.

The other big negative is that the installation process of Tiramisu / Aroma have a small chance to brick your console due to them affecting the boot loader directly, instead of just placing a modified game file into user space. However if you follow the guide carefully you shouldn't have any troubles. I upgraded from Haxchi recently and while it was a tad tedious it wasn't hard or complicated.
Just be sure to read the entire guide first at least once, and only then follow it through.
Thanks for the answer, I read the entire guide and watched some videos, so I think I should be safe :)

KirbyBot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did it a few weeks ago and... IT WORKED, so I'd like to say some important details and problems that occured and their solutions:

• You can keep the Haxchi app (NOT CBHC) after the installation of Aroma and Tiramisu, and if you didn't do the autoboot step you can even use it (even tho there is not much to do if you install Tiramisu, but you can keep it if you want, just don't boot Haxchi after booting Aroma or Tiramisu, because it will crash);
  • If your games aren't working, try downloading 01_sigpatches.rpx and putting at wiiu/environments/aroma/modules/setup on the SD Card;
  • As RAHelllord said, some Haxchi forwarders will stop working;
  • Aroma is far superior to Haxchi in my opinion as you can download stuff like NUSspli and full Pretendo, but as some old homebrew doesn't work, I recommend using EnvSwap to switch to Tiramisu fastly and vice versa (remember that if you don't have autoboot on, you will need to open the Health and Safety app again), but you probably won't use it much, as a lot of the homebrew has already been ported to Aroma.

And that's all I have to say, if anyone has any more questions feel free to ask! :yayu:

Last edited by KirbyBot,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was out for most of the afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I...