Luigi's Mansion from WiiU Usb Helper use virtual wii instead of Nintendont

jappoman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've recently switched from Tiramisu to Aroma and this occurs on all my injected ngc games. I've switched back to Tiramisu and this still happens (i can tell because i see the wii logo on boot, never saw it). Any idea on how to solve this? The games work but in some games you have the dual screen (tv and pad) and not in others, is a bit of a mess.

Last edited by jappoman,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've recently switched from Tiramisu to Aroma and this occurs on all my injected ngc games. I've switched back to Tiramisu and this still happens (i can tell because i see the wii logo on boot, never saw it). Any idea on how to solve this? The games work but in some games you have the dual screen (tv and pad) and not in others, is a bit of a mess.
you must need glasses... every nintendont game works on virtual wii only , you always see the wii symbol always, there is no other way to play gc games on wiiu that doesnt go through the wii symbol...

Reactions: jeannotte

jappoman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So why in some mode i get "is not possible to use gamepad during wii mode" and not in others? What i have to select to play with the gamepad controls and the video on the tv and the gamepad?

This is what i got:
Luigi's mansion (prepared with wiiu usb helper):
-TV and gamepad: only gamepad have video and i can't control it (can't use gamepad controls while in vwii mode message)
-Use gamepad as controller: video output only on gamepad, can control with gamepad
-tv only: start with black screen but if i press something on the gamepad it "wake up" (i see the gamepad quick start for a second) and i can see video. Can't control because of the usual message
-gamepad only: video output on gamepad, can't control because of usual message.

Super Mario sunshine (wiiu usb helper):
-TV and gamepad: video on tv and gamepad, can't control
-gamepad only: video on gamepad only, can't control
-gamepad as controller: video on both gamepad and TV, can control with gamepad
-TV only: video on TV only, can't control with gamepad but with pro controller

It looks like there is something off with the video output for luigis mansion... Wonder if the plug in evWii messed up something

Last edited by jappoman,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So why in some mode i get "is not possible to use gamepad during wii mode" and not in others? What i have to select to play with the gamepad controls and the video on the tv and the gamepad?

This is what i got:
-TV and gamepad: only gamepad have video and i can't control it (can't use gamepad controls while in vwii mode message)
-Use gamepad as controller: video output only on gamepad, can control with gamepad
-tv only: start with black screen but if i press something on the gamepad it "wake up" (i see the gamepad quick start for a second) and i can see video. Can't control because of the usual message

It looks like there is something off with the video output for luigis mansion... Wonder if the plug in evWii messed up something
because that forwarder doesnt have wiiu gamepad support, you didnt made a forwarder with that flag enabled, you need to enable the flag wiiugamepad compatible when doing the inject, if someone made it without that flag then you cant use the gamepad.
Post automatically merged:

This is what i got:

Also you dont get video on your tv with luigi mansion becuase im guessing its the pal version of the game, and your tv doesnt support pal 50. and the wiiu gamepad supports every videomode.

jappoman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's not about the 50hz pal, I'm in Europe and i play most of the pal ngc games well. I tested in super Mario sunshine, selecting pal 50hz doesn't stop my TV to display the signal.

Is something about luigis mansion that is not working

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's not about the 50hz pal, I'm in Europe and i play most of the pal ngc games well. I tested in super Mario sunshine, selecting pal 50hz doesn't stop my TV to display the signal.

Is something about luigis mansion that is not working
just a bad inject, or there is settings forcing stuff that luigi mansion doesnt like while sunshine is fine with it, maybe you have force progressive or some forced videomode, not all games can be forced to the same thing.

but if the gamepad not working is for sure an inject where someone didnt check the box to allow wiiu gamepad control, you need to make a new inject yourself.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let me try to filter the informations from this thread + add missing:
- Nintendont is a Wii Homebrew, there's no way to run it in Wii U mode / the Wii U will always reboot to vWii.
- Gamepad support is an option you can select at the injector (or better: There's an opt-in to disable gamepad controls)
- USB Helper downloads premade injects I wouldn't trust
- The save files ( / memory card images) for Nintendont are on the SD card, named by the gamecube title ID

So with this let's answer your last question: No, you will not loose savegames as long as new and old IDs are identical, which should be the case when you inject the same game from the same region.
Also stop downloading the injects from Wii U USB Helper. instead download the ROMs (*cough*Vimm's Lair GameCube Vault*cough*) and inject them for yourself with either UWUVCI or Teconmoon's Injector.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If i make a new injection i will lose my savegame?
no the savegame is on the sd card, if you inject the same region game it will load the same game, if you inject different region then yeah you will start over since a new save will be made for that region.

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Let me try to filter the informations from this thread + add missing:
- Nintendont is a Wii Homebrew, there's no way to run it in Wii U mode / the Wii U will always reboot to vWii.
- Gamepad support is an option you can select at the injector (or better: There's an opt-in to disable gamepad controls)
- USB Helper downloads premade injects I wouldn't trust
- The save files ( / memory card images) for Nintendont are on the SD card, named by the gamecube title ID

So with this let's answer your last question: No, you will not loose savegames as long as new and old IDs are identical, which should be the case when you inject the same game from the same region.
Also stop downloading the injects from Wii U USB Helper. instead download the ROMs (*cough*Vimm's Lair GameCube Vault*cough*) and inject them for yourself with either UWUVCI or Teconmoon's Injector.
Sorry to bother you, because you happen to have a very qualified opinion.

Do you consider feasible injecting in the console, without a pc? By extending nusspli abilities or with an adhoc homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle